• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Good luck to him, a Spurs fan from a proper Spurs family but I do think this is a good move for him. Him and Big Tommy Hudd are a decent CM pair.

I'm still not convinced that a player as bad as Henderson was turned into a good player overnight and then back into the old pile of turd at the world cup.

I think there's a good chance he's a product of the players around him (or Brenton is some kind of genius that can coax performances out of him that nobody else can).

Exactly this. Henderson in another team would be very average again, as his performances for England prove IMO.

I actually thought he could play a part for Poch. I guess either Poch doesn't think so or Jake just wants to move on whilst the offer is there.

it's a good move for him, he'll play regularly, hull look like a fun side to play for as well, Bruce got a nice tune out of them last year

Good luck Jake, but its another home-grown player off the quota, we must be getting down to the minimum needed now with Defoe,Huddlestone,Caulker,Livermore,Parker and Jenas gone in recent times

Good luck Jake, but its another home-grown player off the quota, we must be getting down to the minimum needed now with Defoe,Huddlestone,Caulker,Livermore,Parker and Jenas gone in recent times

There's no minimum, just a maximum of non-home grown.

There's no minimum, just a maximum of non-home grown.

I may have worded that wrong. I thought we had to have a certain amount of homegrown players in our matchday squad and I getting a bit worried we are starting to run low in that respect.
Rose,Fryers,Dawson,Walker,Naughton,Lennon,Townsend,Carroll (if not out on loan),Sigurddsson?Kane Any others?

Perhaps our summer transfer recruitment may have to bear this is mind?

I may have worded that wrong. I thought we had to have a certain amount of homegrown players in our matchday squad and I getting a bit worried we are starting to run low in that respect.
Rose,Fryers,Dawson,Walker,Naughton,Lennon,Townsend,Carroll (if not out on loan),Sigurddsson?Kane Any others?

Perhaps our summer transfer recruitment may have to bear this is mind?

Don't think that's been implemented in England yet. Will probably happen at some point though.

Have you watched much of him at Hull? Sounds like you're just judging him on the odd cameo role at Spurs and even then Id say youre being harsh....

Yes thinking about it, maybe a tad harsh. He IS capable of the odd intelligent through-ball tbf, as well as the occasional goal from mid. Still didn't see him ever having enough about him for a top-six footballing club like Tottenham though.

Very limited player (doesn't tackle, pass, control or shoot particularly well - just a lumbering physical beast) so that's an excellent piece of business for us

Very limited player (doesn't tackle, pass, control or shoot particularly well - just a lumbering physical beast) so that's an excellent piece of business for us

No, I suppose not, assuming we're comparing him to Makelele, Pirlo, Gerrard or Lampard respectively. But he's a solid midfield player. Why do Spurs fans do this? We have a good player, but not someone who'll pull up trees, so we moan that he's not the best in the world and gladly see him go without giving a damn. He's Spurs through and through, did a decent job for us, and was never the worst player on the pitch. Classless (not you, AdamB, but a lot of Spurs fans in general)

Don't think that's been implemented in England yet. Will probably happen at some point though.

The rule is that you can only name 17 non-home grown players in your 25 man premier league squad. Meaning if you wish to have a full 25 man squad you have to name 7 home grown, but you can just have a smaller squad.
U21s don't get named in the squad, you can have as many of those as you like.

you could be talking about most of our midfielders there, except for the ones that aren't physical either

No, I suppose not, assuming we're comparing him to Makelele, Pirlo, Gerrard or Lampard respectively. But he's a solid midfield player. Why do Spurs fans do this? We have a good player, but not someone who'll pull up trees, so we moan that he's not the best in the world and gladly see him go without giving a damn. He's Spurs through and through, did a decent job for us, and was never the worst player on the pitch. Classless (not you, AdamB, but a lot of Spurs fans in general)
Nobody's comparing him to them - there's no need. Just compare him to our current midfield and he comes up very short.

The only sensible option is to sell him for as much as anyone will pay.

Nobody's comparing him to them - there's no need. Just compare him to our current midfield and he comes up very short.

The only sensible option is to sell him for as much as anyone will pay.

You misunderstand my point (or it wasn't clear) I know we're not comparing him to those players, which is why it's ridiculous that people are saying he "doesn't pass particularly well" or "doesn't tackle particularly well" - he does both things pretty well. He's a very tidy midfield player, who will make probably 400 Premier League appearances for upper bottom half sides over the next 10, 12 years. Sure he's a Hull City, West Brom, Wigan, West Ham kind of player, but sometimes those players make it to clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Aston Villa and Everton (who are all reasonably decent sized clubs)for a season or two, and if that's what Jake ends up doing, I'll be more than happy to say he was a Spurs boy. He's a good player, we should try giving one of our own some credit.

This is actually the main purpose of the academy, to bring through players that can be sold for a nice profit.

If they show promise you give them a few games to increase their value and they're useful for padding out the squad, but players like King or even Carr, players that can actually hold down a first team place, are few and far between.

It's just that many become a bit over-excited about someone because they've come through OUR academy. As soon as someone starts getting overhyped, others (those that don't see what all the fuss is about) will turn to the other end of the scale to balance things out. It's how football works these days.

Back