• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Maybe Levy has decided that we can't compete with the wall of money at the top of the league, so we're gonna sell all our expensive players and play home-grown talent, with a compliant youth coach as the manager to oversee it.

City will be 1st (most money). Chelsea 2nd (2nd most money). Club we aspire to operate like, Arsenal, won't win -- and they are still quite a long way infront of us financially, yet miles away from City's £££.

Wonder if he's looking at it the way Southampton are. They can play good football with players that have been brought up by the club, who know the club inside and out. Then again, Southampton ARE about 9th in the table.

I doubt it, but I think the idea is that we aim for a negative spend every window from now on. Whoever our manager is has to get the most from last summers shopping spree and blood some youth. I don't doubt it could be done, I do doubt it will result in a top four spot, as the moment we come close we will see our squad stripped of those players "coming of age". Damn this game puts me in a bad mood some days

Favourite thing about Livermore as a player is he doesnt dwell on the ball. He usually knows were he's gonna pass the ball before he receives it. He's much more high tempo than Dembele or Paulinho. Sure he's limited enough as a player but he knows his limitations and plays a simple game.

I don't mind Livermore replacing Capoue, if I'm being honest. I don't think he's much worse, and it's good to see players who both support Spurs and have come through the club's youth ranks being given chances. The more the better, as it makes it much easier to form a connection with players who support the club and makes it less painful when they leave (because you know that they love the club as much as you do, hence any decision to leave must at the very least have been hard to make).

Livermore's a big, strong lad, he's decent on the ball, he's decent in the air, he's good defensively: what more could you ask for in a 'rotation' DM? Him and Sandro are a decent pair of DMs to have, all things considered, and if Capoue really is intent on leaving, then this is a positive move for me. Get more youth team players back into the side, bring a bit of love for the club back into the playing staff, and rebuild the English core we lost over the course of the last two summers.

Favourite thing about Livermore as a player is he doesnt dwell on the ball. He usually knows were he's gonna pass the ball before he receives it. He's much more high tempo than Dembele or Paulinho. Sure he's limited enough as a player but he knows his limitations and plays a simple game.

You've taken the words out of my mouth. Absolutely bang-on. People go on about 'eee's ****' but he's actually a tough, tidy and crisp player who moves the ball quickly and doesn't try and take on 3 men every time he receives it. The amount of times Dembele has cost us this season by just holding onto the ball too long without a proper product of any sort has been plenty. Yup, I'd much much rather have someone like that with Townsend and Lennon, Sandro sitting deeper and Eriksen or Ade in the hole…the second bit in bold? Again, with you 100%.

Dembele is twice the player Jake is IMO, and I like Jake BTW. I just think it would be better for his development that he stays playing at Hull rather than come warm our bench. The word on the street is that Capoue wil not be transferred as Napoli won't meet our valuation so I'd say Jake won't be coming back anyway

Dembele is twice the player Jake is IMO, and I like Jake BTW. I just think it would be better for his development that he stays playing at Hull rather than come warm our bench. The word on the street is that Capoue wil not be transferred as Napoli won't meet our valuation so I'd say Jake won't be coming back anyway

Talent-wise, absolutely. But Dembele is becoming the talent that doesn't actually do much. He has a fantastic shot yet doesn't shoot enough, he has a great way of ghosting past players but doesn't know when to release the ball…it's frustrating…we cannot afford that sort of thing right now IMO...

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

i think Livermore has the potential to be a tidy, if unspectacular, premiership footballer - combined with the fact that he's a genuine Spurs lad (from Enfield iirc) Im more than happy for him to be given a chance to prove himself worthy of a squad place for us.

i think Livermore has the potential to be a tidy, if unspectacular, premiership footballer - combined with the fact that he's a genuine Spurs lad (from Enfield iirc) Im more than happy for him to be given a chance to prove himself worthy of a squad place for us.

I agree. I always thought that he could be our John O'Shea and there is nothing wrong with that, every club needs a few journey men who can step in and do a job.

I agree. I always thought that he could be our John O'Shea and there is nothing wrong with that, every club needs a few journey men who can step in and do a job.

Agree with both you and Billy.

Not sure why people rate Livermore, but he is the only Spurs player I always get scared about watching whenever he gets the ball ! He always seems to make those stupid mistakes, putting our goal in danger everytime !

Not sure why people rate Livermore, but he is the only Spurs player I always get scared about watching whenever he gets the ball ! He always seems to make those stupid mistakes, putting our goal in danger everytime !

Can you find any clips on YouTube to illustrate this? I think that he is a pretty tidy player who keeps it simple.

Steve Bruce is hoping Jake Livermore's stay with Hull will extend beyond this season, even if the midfielder cannot face Tottenham on Saturday.

Livermore is at Hull on a season-long loan but is not allowed to face his parent club at the KC Stadium, which looked like it could be the least of Bruce's worries on Thursday night.

Reports suggested Spurs boss Tim Sherwood had recalled the 24-year-old midfielder, but Bruce denied that flat-out and has instead shared his desire to make Livermore's stay in East Yorkshire a permanent one.

"Jake's had a wonderful five months here. He's benefited his career by playing. We've given him that platform and he's certainly grabbed it," he said.

"The last thing we wanted to do was to lose him (in January) because we'd like to do something permanently if we possibly can.

"We knew it wasn't going to be possible this month but it's still the case that we'd like to bring him to the club, that hasn't changed."

Bruce admits his chances of landing Livermore depend on retaining Premier League status - something Hull still look a good bet to do despite just one win in 10 games.

Livermore rarely got a run in the side at Spurs and, if Hull do stay up, Bruce thinks the player is happy enough to stay where he is.

"I get the impression he's happy here because he wants to be playing every week," he said.

"If you've got something about you, like Jake has, the last thing you want to do at this stage of his career is go somewhere and not play regularly, when you've become used to playing week in and week out."

Bruce will come face to face with Sherwood for the first time as a manager on Saturday, pleased that the former Blackburn captain is making a fist of the job.

Some have criticised him for an all-out attacking style, but Bruce sees no reason why he should be knocked.

"Tim has had a playing career which means he will handle what's thrown at him, so give the lad a chance," he said.

"If playing attacking football is his philosophy then let's see how he does. We're quick to know people in this country but why not applaud him and say he's a bit different to anyone else.

"It looks to me like it's (Manuel) Pellegrini's philosophy, that he'll try to and go and beat whoever he plays, and if Tim thinks that way, then why not?"

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/bruce-eyes-permanent-livermore-deal-S11363872238712

Talent-wise, absolutely. But Dembele is becoming the talent that doesn't actually do much. He has a fantastic shot yet doesn't shoot enough, he has a great way of ghosting past players but doesn't know when to release the ball…it's frustrating…we cannot afford that sort of thing right now IMO...

Certainly some truth to that, assuming that you're ignoring Dembele's defensive work.

Can't see any truth to it at all if Dembele is being compared to Livermore though.

Not sure what player you've been watching but it's not Livermore...

Not sure what player you've been watching but it's not Livermore...

I have been following his progress ever since he first played for us and still not convinced of him. He is too error-prone and clumsy. Everytime I have seen him he seems to either pass directly to the opponents or gives away a freekick with a clumsy tackle.

I have been following his progress ever since he first played for us and still not convinced of him. He is too error-prone and clumsy. Everytime I have seen him he seems to either pass directly to the opponents or gives away a freekick with a clumsy tackle.

Again. Can you find any clips to illustrate this point? Have you seen him for Hull this season at all?

I think the last part is true, there were a lot of times(especially coming on as a sub) that he'd concede a few fouls in a short space of time. For me he's generally been safe and tidy on the ball though, I don't remember him coughing the ball up that much.

Back