• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Not sure why people rate Livermore, but he is the only Spurs player I always get scared about watching whenever he gets the ball ! He always seems to make those stupid mistakes, putting our goal in danger everytime !

Agree with you on that. Far too clumsy and doesn't really do anything well. Passing range is sub 5 metres, doesn't tackle well and contributes nothing going forward. All he is is 'big'. Can see him having a career in the championship whereby size is more important but by no means has the ability to make it in the PL.

(note: haven't seem him play this season so am basing this on the assumption that he's still the same player as when he left Spurs on loan)

Agree with you on that. Far too clumsy and doesn't really do anything well. Passing range is sub 5 metres, doesn't tackle well and contributes nothing going forward. All he is is 'big'. Can see him having a career in the championship whereby size is more important but by no means has the ability to make it in the PL.

(note: haven't seem him play this season so am basing this on the assumption that he's still the same player as when he left Spurs on loan)

Has made himself a regular for Hull that are doing alright in the Premier League. For the right team, under the right manager for him, he's clearly good enough to be a lower half PL player. Although that's probably true for a lot of players in the Championship too.

Seriously? Agree that they're both slow, but at least Thudd has one redeeming quality (passing ability)

I agree with you about that also. Whilst Hud was slow he had some very nice qualities with his range of passing and crisp shooting. Livermore is built well for the Premier league but his main assests are his Physicality and his workrate. His Shooting is ok, his passing is ok, and his tacking is ok. He is among the class of the O'hara's etc. Ok for a mid level prem team. I really wanted Hull to complete the purchase in the January window. But I suppose as they have him on a season long loan that they can wait until they make sure they stay up before commiting to him and taking him on a permanant basis.

Couple of papers say that Hull are on the verge of signing Livermore on a permanent deal. Daily Mail even say that the deal has been completed.

Fee believed to be £6m or £6.5m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-set-break-transfer-3734923

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Hull-City-permanent-6million-deal-Spurs.html
Fee seems a little low, but if we're half as good as we think we are then Jake should need 4 or 5 injuries before he starts.

Did he not get called up by England at one point? I feel the way he performed for Hull, if it was at Liverpool he would have been just as good as Henderson.

Did he not get called up by England at one point? I feel the way he performed for Hull, if it was at Liverpool he would have been just as good as Henderson.

He probably merits a place in the England squad, doesn't mean he's any good though.

Henderson was excellent last season, Livermore doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the England squad as poor as it can be and while I love seeing academy products in the squad, 6.5 million seems like a decent return for Livermore.

I'm still not convinced that a player as bad as Henderson was turned into a good player overnight and then back into the old pile of turd at the world cup.

I think there's a good chance he's a product of the players around him (or Brenton is some kind of genius that can coax performances out of him that nobody else can).

Much as I would like to see Livermore back at Spurs, mainly because he is a local lad who has come through the academy, I def think £6m is a good deal for us.
He will certainly get more playing time at Hull, so better for the lad, good luck to him

I think Henderson has come out of the World Cup with a little credit, he has played well in the 2 games far as I could see. For me 6mill for Livermore seems a little low in todays climate and especially for an English player yet to reach his peak on the back of a good season at Hull. Thought Levy would have squeezed a bit more out of them if he could, but if true good luck Jake...

Adjectives that come to the fore with Jake are: uninspiring, pedestrian, workhorse. Characteristics I'd prefer not to associate with a typical Spurs player, so good luck to him at Hull, they are made for each other.

When you remember that Thudd went for just £5.25m I'd say Levy has done well to get £6m.

Adjectives that come to the fore with Jake are: uninspiring, pedestrian, workhorse. Characteristics I'd prefer not to associate with a typical Spurs player, so good luck to him at Hull, they are made for each other.

When you remember that Thudd went for just £5.25m I'd say Levy has done well to get £6m.

Have you watched much of him at Hull? Sounds like you're just judging him on the odd cameo role at Spurs and even then Id say youre being harsh....

David Burns @bbcburnsy

Hull City confirm agreed undisclosed fee with Spurs for Jake Livermore. Medical Monday. Suggestion fee may be £7m up front £1m add #hcafc

Fantastic business if true

Back