• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

You misunderstand my point (or it wasn't clear) I know we're not comparing him to those players, which is why it's ridiculous that people are saying he "doesn't pass particularly well" or "doesn't tackle particularly well" - he does both things pretty well. He's a very tidy midfield player, who will make probably 400 Premier League appearances for upper bottom half sides over the next 10, 12 years. Sure he's a Hull City, West Brom, Wigan, West Ham kind of player, but sometimes those players make it to clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Aston Villa and Everton (who are all reasonably decent sized clubs)for a season or two, and if that's what Jake ends up doing, I'll be more than happy to say he was a Spurs boy. He's a good player, we should try giving one of our own some credit.
I think he gets as much credit as a player likely to end up at Wigan/West Brom should get.

I think what's missing is sentimentality, but I don't think that's relevant in modern football. If he had been really, really good he'd be at Madrid now. If he was marginally less good he'd have stayed in the academy and few of us would have ever heard of him.

This is actually the main purpose of the academy, to bring through players that can be sold for a nice profit.

If they show promise you give them a few games to increase their value and they're useful for padding out the squad, but players like King or even Carr, players that can actually hold down a first team place, are few and far between.

It's just that many become a bit over-excited about someone because they've come through OUR academy. As soon as someone starts getting overhyped, others (those that don't see what all the fuss is about) will turn to the other end of the scale to balance things out. It's how football works these days.

This, the academy should be measured by how many of these 1M-6M range players we produce, allows us to continue to invest in the academy in the times between the next King type player.

The negativity is unnecessary, decent mid tier player with the right attitude, our new manager obviously doesn't see a fit for him, hence we sell.

Good luck to Jake ..

Livermore has been given more licence to go forward at Hull where as at Spurs he was more or less always instructed to just sit. He has shown some good ball skills and technical ability creating quite a few chances for team mates that sadly wont get acknowledged on here.

Anyway, all the best Jake....

Livermore has been given more licence to go forward at Hull where as at Spurs he was more or less always instructed to just sit. He has shown some good ball skills and technical ability creating quite a few chances for team mates that sadly wont get acknowledged on here.

Anyway, all the best Jake....
Nobody has said he doesn't have ability. Merely that he's quite a distance from the required ability to be in with a chance of playing for Spurs.

All the wishing in the world won't make him a better footballer.

This, the academy should be measured by how many of these 1M-6M range players we produce, allows us to continue to invest in the academy in the times between the next King type player.

The negativity is unnecessary, decent mid tier player with the right attitude, our new manager obviously doesn't see a fit for him, hence we sell.

Good luck to Jake ..

I agree. We should almost see it as a separate business that needs to be self funding and offer up a first team player every now and then.

I dunno, seems a bit cheap considering he's English, I expect he'll be an England squad regular before too long, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere like Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a decent profit in a couple of years

I dunno, seems a bit cheap considering he's English, I expect he'll be an England squad regular before too long, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere like Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a decent profit in a couple of years

I would be very surprised if he could be a regular starter for a team in contention for a Champions League place. So I would see a club like Saudi Sportswashing Machine as his ceiling level if he wants more than to be a squad player. That said, I would not be surprised if Hull establish themselves above Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season, they have bought well and have a decent team.

who said anything about a team chasing CL ;-)

agree about hull, Bruce is doing some really good work there, they have a very strong first 11

Our best young player the season before last, everyone was buzzing about Walker then but Livermore just came in and did a solid job. He was a decent pro for us, unfortunately out of favour to Bentaleb last season and the stack of midfielders at the club didn't help. A shame he becomes another of the long list of Spurs kids that have to move on because he doesn't get enough football but it is good business. Fee sounds high, but Hull are getting a player they know and have performed well for them.

I assume that sort of fee is the limit of their budget, but they know exactly what they are getting.

Good luck Jake......he really is a true Tottenham fan as well

Our best young player the season before last, everyone was buzzing about Walker then but Livermore just came in and did a solid job. He was a decent pro for us, unfortunately out of favour to Bentaleb last season and the stack of midfielders at the club didn't help. A shame he becomes another of the long list of Spurs kids that have to move on because he doesn't get enough football but it is good business. Fee sounds high, but Hull are getting a player they know and have performed well for them.

I assume that sort of fee is the limit of their budget, but they know exactly what they are getting.

This is one of the natural effects of having a good academy producing good players for a good/top club in a strong league.

It should be celebrated.

Back