• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hospital visit

I shall be thinking of you and wishing you well.

When I had to go into hospital I spent a week before hand doing breathing exercises to calm me down. Mate fear is often the worse thing and the actual problem is not to be feared.

Good luck.:eek:k:

Sorry to read this Roy. It's a horrible thing to go through, but support means a lot and it will get sorted. Staying positive will help.

I hadn't really spoken about it much for quite some time, but a couple of years ago I had testicular cancer. Was weird when they were telling me, I kept thinking I feel fine!

After I had the orchiectomy, they confirmed it was a Seminoma. Early stages, and fortunately for me it was one of the more curable cancers. They did a baseline CT to check if it had spread and unfortunately they then found a cyst in my chest. They did an endoscopic ultrasound to investigate i further and seemed to aggravate it and it became the size of tennis ball lodged right next to my heart. At that point they decided I needed thoracic surgery to remove the cyst and to find out if it was cancerous. Fortunately it wasn't! But it was a hell of a surgery and took a good while to recover. Got a nice 4 inch scar on my back now which looks like a cool shark bite.

Anyway mate, best of luck to you, I'm sure they will sort you out.

*edit: If you ever get down, just think of Paul Stalteri marauding down the pitch to break the hearts of those spammers in the last minute COYS

Thanks Diego very nice of you. Sorry to hear what you went through that sounds awful.

Thankfully mine is contained in the kidney and with the whole kidney being removed I'm hoping and praying that that will be that. I've got to go back annually for check ups but that is the least of my worries. Once the kidney is out they will check to see how aggressive the cancer is.

Good luck mate...view it as a chance to have some guilt-free movie binges on an iPad, etc...make sure you get a regime for post-op-rest of life exercise/diet and whatnot...I believe you will be good as gold in the end of it mate.
One tip (and ask the docs what they think, but I believe it to be important).
Take PROBIOTIC supplements post-op and generally. Gut flora is one of the huge, huge keys to health, and any major physical upheavals disturb the balance. I cannot speak highly enough about this mate.

Thanks Diego very nice of you. Sorry to hear what you went through that sounds awful.

Thankfully mine is contained in the kidney and with the whole kidney being removed I'm hoping and praying that that will be that. I've got to go back annually for check ups but that is the least of my worries. Once the kidney is out they will check to see how aggressive the cancer is.

Mate, I said it before, you're going to smash this. Keep us updated.

Good luck mate...view it as a chance to have some guilt-free movie binges on an iPad, etc...make sure you get a regime for post-op-rest of life exercise/diet and whatnot...I believe you will be good as gold in the end of it mate.
One tip (and ask the docs what they think, but I believe it to be important).
Take PROBIOTIC supplements post-op and generally. Gut flora is one of the huge, huge keys to health, and any major physical upheavals disturb the balance. I cannot speak highly enough about this mate.

This, especially as the antibiotics they are bound to put you on will work against the friendly stuff in your guts.

Back