• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hospital visit

Ive been reading online and tried speaking to some I know who've been under general anaesthetic but its xmas eve my options are limited. The surgeon was surprised I was feeling sick on Sunday ffs. Im on the cancer website at the moment.

Ive been reading online and tried speaking to some I know who've been under general anaesthetic but its xmas eve my options are limited. The surgeon was surprised I was feeling sick on Sunday ffs. Im on the cancer website at the moment.
I think that it might be an idea to phone 111. Self diagnosis is really unreliable and you risk getting yourself would up unnecessarily.

Hello roy, try to stay calm mate. I would if you can not get the right advice go to A & E and explain your situation and I would hope you would get seen before all the drunks. Hope your ok mate and genuinely will be thinking of you.

Guys im struggling here. Got released last night. I am so swollen from legs, thighs, balls, stomach and I havent eaten solids for72 hours. Im feeling and being sick three times today. I read that after surgery you're gassy but this is ridiculous. Im bloated and the sickness and no eating is worrying me. Please serious for a few replies please.

Also did they give you any anti sickness drugs? I had an op on inner ill problem and they gave me anti sickness drugs. But you really need to talk to someone who is a medical professional.

Defo get a doc to check you over. It could be a tummy bug you've picked up. No doubt your body's beat up after an op. So main thing is to keep your head, get a doc to put your mind at rest, and then rest and relax as much as you can. You will be fine in no time.

Hey boys yes managed to keep a bit of food down in the past 24 hours and finally had a poo for the first time in 9 days.
still feeling a bit nauseous but better than yesterday.

Hey boys yes managed to keep a bit of food down in the past 24 hours and finally had a poo for the first time in 9 days.
The poo is a big step. Keep ya head up. Once again use the NHS. Call 111 if you need to.

Good man. I suppose this when you realise why the term is "patient" You have had a big life saving op mate take it easy.

Had a horrendous recovery since Wednesday. From possible blood clots to possible collapsed lung im in a much better place now than Friday or Saturday. Cheers for all your messages chaps they've helped keep me sane I love you all :)

:eek:
****ing hell mate...sorry to hear that! Keep positive, you will be fine in the end of it all, but weird I'm sure!

Make sure to tell whoever you're speaking at A&E with about whatever meds you're on either generally and/or post-op. Seriously, sometimes the side-effects caused by two interacting can be ****ing ridiculous! And the MOMENT you can keep some food down for a few hours, get some probiotics from a chemists. Trust me, better still, ask the doc if you're not sure. But the trauma your system has been through, it will need probiotics pronto to get you back in the game quicker. Be well mate.

How you doing fella? Just wanted to wish you and yours the best new year possible.

Cheers,
Nick

How you doing fella? Just wanted to wish you and yours the best new year possible.

Cheers,
Nick

Cheers Nick. Was taken back to North Midd last night where I spent 5 hrs waiting in A&E due to my wound weeping. Not sure if it's slightly infected. Was taken in at midnight and finally seen at 615am this morning. Hoping there's no infection they're going to let me know.

Anyway, here's to the back of an awful year for me and wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2015 Nick. The same to everyone else who has posted some very kind words in this thread may 2015 bring you happiness.

Cheers Nick. Was taken back to North Midd last night where I spent 5 hrs waiting in A&E due to my wound weeping. Not sure if it's slightly infected. Was taken in at midnight and finally seen at 615am this morning. Hoping there's no infection they're going to let me know.

Anyway, here's to the back of an awful year for me and wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2015 Nick. The same to everyone else who has posted some very kind words in this thread may 2015 bring you happiness.

a 5 hour wait for somebody who has had a major operation thats a ****ing joke mate

I will not get political on here and say what I think about the NHS but the doctor who came out recently and said that drunks should be charged(criminal and financially charged) was right I suspect a large part of your delay was due to that.

Really hope your ok Roy I was thinking about posting something jokey about you losing weight but I do not think it the right time yet. Maybe I was wrong and it was not drunken idiots that kept you from seeing a doctor for so long. But as Marky says someone who has had a serious operation should have been fast tracked.

My only experience of A & E was when I was doing the drying up watching a horse race and a cup broke in my hand and went straight into my wrist, my horse did not even win and I had to end up answering a load of stupid questions (they thought I was trying to kill myself) but I did get seen quite quickly, that was at 3 in the afternoon mind.

Roy make sure you post on here as soon as you get a chance to let us know your ok mate.

Back