• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one person other than yourself equates to everyone? This isn't quite like you believing O'Hara had pace, or was worse technically than Livermore. ;)

Lennon has always had a good first touch. It's one of the best facets of his game.

2-3 posters actually

Do a poll - you'd be surprised. Look at Berbatov at Leverkusen - decent first touch = world class in the Prem.

Oh and Livermore has done better in his first season than Jamie ever did. I hope it doesn't sadden you being wrong about that one considering the solid player he have emerging.

And Walker is?

Stop digging your hole - it is now boderline comedy

Leave it out Arc. Just because people have a different opinion to you is no reason to lash out and ridicule their opinion. I could quite easily do that to you with your opinion of Corluka.

And Walker is?

Stop digging your hole - it is now boderline comedy

Let me see, 97 professional league matches & 2 international caps at England level? He certainly isn't a novice and should be at his full talent levels. I wouldn't expect a debutant to be, but not because I expect them to be technically inferior than when they're older. But a debutant would need a few games to get used to the speed of the game AND more importantly get over their own nerves and actually play to their full ability level.

Walker is well past that stage. So yes, he is a seasoned pro. I'd expect anyone with 50+ league games to be regarded as a seasoned professional footballer. I'd even go as far to say that Walker is a seasoned Premiership player.

2-3 posters actually

Do a poll - you'd be surprised. Look at Berbatov at Leverkusen - decent first touch = world class in the Prem.

Oh and Livermore has done better in his first season than Jamie ever did. I hope it doesn't sadden you being wrong about that one considering the solid player he have emerging.

Only you and DaveYid have disagreed that Lennon's first touch was good when he first arrived.

And Livermore is showing what a good work ethic can do for your career. The likes of Bostock have far more talent but not enough dedication.

My argument was never who would forge the best career with Spurs, but that O'Hara had/has more technical ability. Which he does.

Probably, I'm not really that bothered either way. Also - 'moonlit knight' - swear he/she was a WUM on a previous board.

Moonie isnt a WUM - he's just misunderstood. Those of us refugees from the alt.sports.spurs boards know that. Its a small boat here, just Mick, Moonie and myself and I think....

Ivica Olić is a great example for a player that improved a LOT in his last 5-6 years.He improved his runs,his finishing is cooler,his positioning in the box,his decision making and shooting,but you can still see he doesn't have a good touch.Even now the ball bounces off him quite alot and he misscontrols it alot.I m not saying players cant improve,but its quite obvious that Walker will never be nearly as skilled on the ball as Corluka.But then again,most full backs can only dream of Corluka's technique

and what are the things that BAE improved ?
Positioning,awareness,decision making and concentration.
He was always quite skillful with the ball,but his defensive lapses made him look like a bad fullback at times.

His crossing gets better every season

His passing overall has improved immeasurably

On the ball, he looks so much more composed

He has also improved his cruyff turns

Much better at getting out of tight spots in the corner, rather than playing it out or behind and conceding possession

He's no longer a weak link or liable to consistent defensive prangs

He is becoming a serious outlet on the wing and a real threat around the box

Through coaching, he has improved almost every aspect of his game.

His crossing gets better every season

His passing overall has improved immeasurably

On the ball, he looks so much more composed

He has also improved his cruyff turns

Much better at getting out of tight spots in the corner, rather than playing it out or behind and conceding possession

He's no longer a weak link or liable to consistent defensive prangs

He is becoming a serious outlet on the wing and a real threat around the box

Through coaching, he has improved almost every aspect of his game.

See I would put that more down to confidence and experience.

Walker > Corluka. No doubt.

Im not unhappy he has left because he is any better than walker, because he isnt

Im unhappy he left because i like him and he loves our club, and it leaves us short at RB

It's never as simple as one being > to the other though is it?

Having both made so much sense as they both have specific ways of playing which can be used to target weaknesses/defend against strengths of the opposition.

I think people's views can be a bit hazy of Corluka because he was very unlucky with injuries since the Flamini (clam clam clam) tackle, which wrecked that season for him (and for us as it meant Hutton got a fair few games...)

Think you're onto a loser there mate - if I remember correctly MK rated him quite a long time ago.

Good memory. I used to rant long and hard when Sven was in charge of England regarding Barry. Still tinkles me off no end that we had a so called left midfield problem and yet Barry was winning fans player of the year award seemingly every year. The other thing is I think he is a bad example of a player who improved. When he was younger Barry was too utility (centre half, left back, central midfield, left midfield) and I think that cost him recognition. I still maintain the best he ever played was at left midfield. I'd actually use Barry to PROVE my point as I think Barry peaked in form somewhere between 2005-08. People also seem to forget that Barry's first England cap was won when he was VERY young. I think he may have even been in his teens. He just seemed to fall out of fashion, mainly because he didn't play for a Sky 4 team and wasn't being picked by England managers but he was always very good.

Seeing as this is a Charlie thread - Bayer Leverkusen play Barcelona in the Champions League tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back