• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what are the things that BAE improved ?
Positioning,awareness,decision making and concentration.
He was always quite skillful with the ball,but his defensive lapses made him look like a bad fullback at times.

Agreed, coupled with the fact we are a better side so he is under less pressure and has less chances to make mistakes. His ratio of mistakes to situations faced is probably identical to when he first arrived, but now he is faced with less of them during the game because we dominant teams more. Ekotto has always been decent going forward, it's defensively he is very shaky (and still is in my opinion). The other thing he seems to have added to his game since Redknapp took over is work rate. Before he used to get forward and saunter back. He appears to have become more of a team player, and works harder to get back.

I can't agree with Southstand's analysis of him either. I actually think his crossing and short game passing have gone backwards over the last season or so.

His crossing gets better every season

His passing overall has improved immeasurably

On the ball, he looks so much more composed

He has also improved his cruyff turns

Much better at getting out of tight spots in the corner, rather than playing it out or behind and conceding possession

He's no longer a weak link or liable to consistent defensive prangs

He is becoming a serious outlet on the wing and a real threat around the box

Through coaching, he has improved almost every aspect of his game.
wrong - he doesn't do them

certainly nothing like the "turn" that Cruff became famous for

Robin Van Persie has improved later on in his career.

Not sure if true....

I would say that this is the first season in which he has not had injuries, leading to a much more confident performer, in addition to him being match fit for all of the games..

Imo.

But it would be extremely difficult to prove...

imo RVP has never looked like a real number 9 until this season. He's added more to his game and is now a complete striker (before most thought he was a support striker).

imo RVP has never looked like a real number 9 until this season. He's added more to his game and is now a complete striker (before most thought he was a support striker).

He has always been superb (unfortunately) but it's taken him a long time to hit a run of games where he isn't injured on a regular basis, or coming back from injury.

Fair enough, At least he is playing into the Arsenal way of Footballing. Pushing his price up so that they can sell him for a decent price and buy someone with potential.

I've answered that one already. His game hasn't really changed much over the years. I always felt he got a raw deal with us. Even at the time it was obvious he was at least equal to Postiga, and probably better.

Mate his game has changed. Well not changed but definately improved. His now more of a goal threat and uses his strength far more then he did before. He's also better at bringing his teammates into the game. For sure he's improved with age (why he was capped much later in his career).

Moonie isnt a WUM - he's just misunderstood. Those of us refugees from the alt.sports.spurs boards know that. Its a small boat here, just Mick, Moonie and myself and I think....

He's definitely not a WUM - he is a man with an extremely high regard for his own opinion and is prepared to talk down to you with the least provokation.

Credit where its due, he knows his onions, and the price of them, which soil onions grow best in and which markets to sell them in, in fact he has stats about onions dating back to 1882 with geographical breakdowns of onion growing centres across the UK, nitrate levels, water tables, rainfall and average temperatures by month in celsius and farenheit.

AND he can tell you that the best way to cut them, cook them, grow them, boil them and fry them

oooooh - and you didn't want to pick them like that!

:D

He has always been superb (unfortunately) but it's taken him a long time to hit a run of games where he isn't injured on a regular basis, or coming back from injury.

No Way man. It's not because of lack of injury that suddenly everyone is seeing him as far more of a complete striker then a support striker, or forward that can do a job on the left or the right of a 3. It's not even debatable that his game has gone up a level.

Mate his game has changed. Well not changed but definately improved. His now more of a goal threat and uses his strength far more then he did before. He's also better at bringing his teammates into the game. For sure he's improved with age (why he was capped much later in his career).

Desperation due to a lack of quality strikers in my opinion. Zamora used to play with his back to goal for us, still does. His goalscoring record at the lower levels proves he was always a very good finisher. I always rated him personally, even when his form dipped for a bit at West Ham.

There also lies an issue. People forget form. If a player is excellent, then turns bad, then turns excellent again he hasn't improved. He was just playing below his ability level. Alternatively it can work the other way. For whatever a reason a player can have an excellent season or two and play way above their ability level. Then they drop back to what they were. They never improved, and when analysed heavily there is often an external reason as to why that player's game seemed to peak (usually a team mate doing something that the play thrives on).

He's definitely not a WUM - he is a man with an extremely high regard for his own opinion and is prepared to talk down to you with the least provokation.

Credit where its due, he knows his onions, and the price of them, which soil onions grow best in and which markets to sell them in, in fact he has stats about onions dating back to 1882 with geographical breakdowns of onion growing centres across the UK, nitrate levels, water tables, rainfall and average temperatures by month in celsius and farenheit.

AND he can tell you that the best way to cut them, cook them, grow them, boil them and fry them

oooooh - and you didn't want to pick them like that!

:D

This coming from a cantankerous old git who could pick a fight in a monastery? Just goes to show that posters, like players, don't really improve with age. I'm still arguing down to nitpicking level, you could still start a fight with Gandhi and Jon's still a pervert...... #-o :D

No Way man. It's not because of lack of injury that suddenly everyone is seeing him as far more of a complete striker then a support striker, or forward that can do a job on the left or the right of a 3. It's not even debatable that his game has gone up a level.

I think you're confusing playing a different position as to his game being better. A class striker is moved to the wing and is an average winger. He doesn't stop being a class striker and yet the perception will be his form has dropped and he isn't as good as he was.

This coming from a cantankerous old git who could pick a fight in a monastery? Just goes to show that posters, like players, don't really improve with age. I'm still arguing down to nitpicking level, you could still start a fight with Gandhi and Jon's still a pervert...... #-o :D

some things just can't be improved on - that would be me. :D

Not because I believe myself to be the best poster, just simply that I can't get any better.

You know what they say about polishing turds.........

Not because I believe myself to be the best poster, just simply that I can't get any better.

anyhoo - you can hardly disagree with my statement (- despite the typo,) you only need to review the location status you typed under your avatar, you even revel in your own behaviour

turds can actually, legitimately be polished.

would need a good buffing in your particular case though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back