• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
Vedran Corluka has joined Bayer Leverkusen on loan for the rest of the season.

The Croatia full-back has made 107 First Team appearances in our colours since signing from Emirates Marketing Project in the summer of 2008.

Thanks for giving 100% every time you put on the shirt, playing through injury on many occasions putting yourself at risk for the sake of our club.

All the best in Germany.

06_cor_280x390_644120a.jpg

The Beardy Man Go-eth :(

Hope he does well.

Obviously this is an issue with Him and Harry.
He hasnt been named even on the bench in the last 11 games.
Anf Harry has played BAE and Livermore and right back ahead of him.

Arse. I've always been a massive fan of Corluka, esp. given that I'm a bit of a "deceptively pacey" (aka "not all that fast but with a good change of pace") right-back myself. Classy player, and perfect foil for Lennon.

Remember that goal where he, Krunchie and Modders played some training ground triangles on the edge of the box before one of them fired it in? Quality.

Good quality RB, was delighted when we signed him as I really liked the look of him in the summer of 2007 when Emirates Marketing Project signed him. Shame he hasn't had much playing time this season and I am kinda hoping that he will just take the loan and return in the summer to be part of the squad for a big push next season on all fronts.

It's sad how important pace is, the only thing Walker does better than Corluka is his incredible speed, but it is enough to make him the overall more useful player. Charlie is absolutely one of my favourite players, loved his partnership with Aaron. Really sad to see him go, wish him all the best.

I HONESTLY think if Walker wasn't so fast, we'd have realised just how S L O W Charlie was... sad to see him go though, had bags of experience and one of only two Spurs players most of us would happily go gay for... (Kranjcar is most definitely the other!)

Still, it's only a loan... so you never know, he might do well from the experience, and come back an even better player!!!

...or maybe we'll just offload him in the summer on a permanent deal!

Great player, we can moan about losing our depth if we like, but if the guy wants first team action we are just not going to give him that, very rarely do teams have the luxury of an experienced decent player as their cover, its always 1st teamer and younger understudy, especially in our position when we're not paying megastar wages.

One half of the best right hand side in the premiership leaves. Really mean it when I say good luck to Charlie.

If harry is not up for using him anymore then it makes sense to get his wages of the bill. We have Naughton Coming back next season and Adam Smith now on loan to a Championship side. We have to show our youth they have a way through to the first team.

That said, I always liked Charlie and will be sad to see him go, he was a great right back if only a little slow.

Maybe we're gonna re-call Naughton? Charlie is a good player but Walker has potential to play a higher standard, so wouldn't be too upset if he left in the summer. At this time, though, not sure about letting him go unless we have someone else to warm the bench?

He wasn't getting on the bench, so he is no loss to us and makes a space/wages available for someone who might threaten the bench

He did well for us at times, was a little bit slow/tentative but otherwise a good player

Never mind, onwards and upwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back