• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he's doing well against Messi, but Alexis just scored from a Barca free-kick. Modric must be jealous of his compatriot.

'Bayer Leverkusen defender Vedran Corluka after his side's 3-1 home defeat by Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie: "I think the tie is finished to be honest."'

Well he's optimistic.

Only saw the first half and I thought he looked poor but so did their whole team, tbh. I think possession stats were around 20-80 at the time.

In a way I think many teams are half-beaten before even stepping onto the field - i.e. Oh, we're playing the greatest media favourite team of ALL TIME so why even bother chasing the ball?. So they just sit back like cloggers and wait to concede.

He is getting a lot of praise from the Leverkusen fans and rightly so.He was solid in defence and nothing came through his side.He is now on the same amount of assists as Walker this season.

There is no out-wide left player in their team and never has been
Adriano,Iniesta,Villa,Henry...? they all played either LW in their 3-4-3 formation or as the left forward in 4-3-3...Yes their main threat is Alves,just like ours is Bale,but to say that nothing comes from the left side is a bit silly

Only saw the first half and I thought he looked poor but so did their whole team, tbh. I think possession stats were around 20-80 at the time.

In a way I think many teams are half-beaten before even stepping onto the field - i.e. Oh, we're playing the greatest media favourite team of ALL TIME so why even bother chasing the ball?. So they just sit back like cloggers and wait to concede.
So it was entirely down to the media telling them that Barca are quite good, rather than Barca actually being quite good? :D

No, but it's the mentality of waking up to read in the headlines your team has drawn Barca and has been written off already. So you rock up there trying to keep the score respectable for the fans. How can you possibly believe it's even possible to defeat the greatest team of the decade!

Only Jose recently has attempted to crush this massive reacharound - once with Internazionale successfully and more recently with Real Madrid - by playing hard, physical and uncompromising. It's the only way - instead of sitting there waiting to get beaten

No, but it's the mentality of waking up to read in the headlines your team has drawn Barca and has been written off already. So you rock up there trying to keep the score respectable for the fans. How can you possibly believe it's even possible to defeat the greatest team of the decade!

Only Jose recently has attempted to crush this massive reacharound - once with Internazionale successfully and more recently with Real Madrid - by playing hard, physical and uncompromising. It's the only way - instead of sitting there waiting to get beaten

Yes, except with the exception of the Inter home leg Mourinho's teams have been outplayed and beaten every time. Inter were massively lucky to win that semi against Barca, who had a perfectly good goal disallowed and should have gone through on away goals. Mourinho's Real just play like a bunch of thugs and try and bully Barca, and still aren't able to compete with them.

Internazionale crushed in the first leg and defended well in the second.

Real Madrd still beat them in the Copa Del Rey final and look set to win the league this year. Not too shaby

I think there is another way of beating them.... Press them just like they press you. You will need fast fullbacks, at least one quick centre half and your keeper to be ready on the edge on his box to intercept the ball over the top or in between the centre half and full back, but get high up the pitch, tight to them and try to win the ball as early as possible. It is dangerous as they have such good technical players, but if you allow Barca to play the game in your half (as most teams do) then they will always create enough chances to score at least two goals anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back