• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see him go, but he deserves more playing time. Felt he always had a great connection with Lennon and really helped get the best out of him with some nicely played through balls up the wing. Got exposed for his lack of speed regularly, but all-in-all a good dependable RB who was a big part of pushing us towards where we are now. Good luck at Leverkusen Charlie.

Had a think about this and maybe its the best possible thing that should have happened. The guy deserves to be playing, and he deserves to be going to the Euros. He can go to leverkusen and show his worth, then in the summer he can come back and give us another go.

Quite possibly one of the most overrated fan-favourites, only second to BAE who actually improved massively and apart from his odd 'off' game has been overall solid.

Painfully slow, poor aerially, questionable positioning. Was found out as soon as a half-decent RB with pace emerged.

Few pretty one-two's with Lennon will never cover the bigger limitations which became more and more apparent as opposition teams discovered him as the weak-link and exploited the cracks. And this season if anything (hopefully) crushes the myth of Lennon not being able to play in-front of a wing back RB. That came about from the Hutton nightmare days so now it's time to put it to rest.

If he was so much better than 'push-and-run' Walker he would at least be able to make the subs bench, which apparently he hasn't done in 3 months or so. I'd trust Arry on that one, personally.

Decent player who's form appeared to deteriorate progressively with us. For better or worse. Did a job back then but now we have better - i.e. Palacios and Parker. We also aim higher.

Obviously wants to play in the Euros so needs regular action. So long and thanks for the good games.

Quite possibly one of the most overrated fan-favourites, only second to BAE who actually improved massively and apart from his odd 'off' game has been overall solid.

Painfully slow, poor aerially, questionable positioning. Was found out as soon as a half-decent RB with pace emerged.

Few pretty one-two's with Lennon will never cover the bigger limitations which became more and more apparent as opposition teams discovered him as the weak-link and exploited the cracks. And this season if anything (hopefully) crushes the myth of Lennon not being able to play in-front of a wing back RB. That came about from the Hutton nightmare days so now it's time to put it to rest.

If he was so much better than 'push-and-run' Walker he would at least be able to make the subs bench, which apparently he hasn't done in 3 months or so. I'd trust Arry on that one, personally.

Decent player who's form appeared to deteriorate progressively with us. For better or worse. Did a job back then but now we have better - i.e. Palacios and Parker. We also aim higher.

Obviously wants to play in the Euros so needs regular action. So long and thanks for the good games.

If anything your post highlights how underrated Corluka was among a lot of Spurs fans. Questionable positioning and painfully slow? If that's the case then why did teams get sod all from attacking down our right side?

He didn't make the sub bench because he obviously wasn't happy sitting on it. And with his talent I can understand why.

now Charlie has gone, i wonder how his bessie mate Modric feels about remaining at Spurs. These 2 are as tight as two nuts in a sack

If anything your post highlights how underrated Corluka was among a lot of Spurs fans. Questionable positioning and painfully slow? If that's the case then why did teams get sod all from attacking down our right side?

He didn't make the sub bench because he obviously wasn't happy sitting on it. And with his talent I can understand why.

I knew you'd be one of the first to respond.

So he refused to sit on our bench because it's offensive for someone of his quality to be a sub? Is that a joke or is it actually worse than the myth of Berbatov refusing to play?

We were rippied on the right on many occasions in his later seasons many a times. 1:5 to City was the end for me.

He was a no-nonsence player who got on with it and always tried. He did a few intelligent passes which always go well with gaining fans on here. He did ok - but simply could only do SO much. And now there is someone better.

So he refused to sit on our bench because it's offensive for someone of his quality to be a sub? Is that a joke or is it actually worse than the myth of Berbatov refusing to play?

We were rippied on the right on many occasions in his later seasons many a times. 1:5 to City was the end for me.

He was a no-nonsence player who got on with it and always tried. He did a few intelligent passes which always go well with gaining fans on here. He did ok - but simply could only do SO much. And now there is someone better.

Yes. A 21 year old, who would be better off playing as a winger

Tells you everything you need to know about Corluka

Decent in and around the opposition's box. But that is all

I think your memory might be doing you a disservice again.

As for the bench comment, I really have no idea why he hasn't featured in the last few games - but it was obviously nothing to do with him not being good enough.

Gutted, massive fan of Charlie, hopefully the loan won't be permenant and he'll be back. Only thing he lacks is pace, I think he'll be rated even higher in a slower European league like Italy

That's similar to saying Striker 'X' is great but the only thing he's missing is goals

I don't think he'll come back, mate because he wants to play regulrarly and it appears that is not an option with us. Fair play to him, as you say he might thrive in a slower league. Hopefully we manage a decent fee on him too

Not a great loss. Weak, slow terrible final ball. Hasn't been close to getting on the pitch for a long time.

Smith can be recalled I believe?
Gallas will be fit again soon and can cover either fullback positions.
Nelsen can do a job if/when he signs.
Panic over.

This isn't football manager (or we're not Emirates Marketing Project), top players aren't gonna hang around knowing they are just back up.

50% of The Sex has left, and we're down to just Sex - Kranjcar.

Good luck, Bread Van, you're better than Walker and up there with Stalteri, who also was immensely underrated.

Charlie is seriously such a better footballer than Walker. There is no debating this. However, Walker's physique, strength, speed is just awesome. Hard to compete against that. He needs to improve a lot still, has a lot to learn about defending and even his use of the ball. Simple passing. Having a great season all the same.

Charlie is seriously such a better footballer than Walker. There is no debating this.

Not a chance, mate - sorry but will never agree with that. Thankfully Arry wouldn't either hence Walker's emergence. He offers so much to our overall wide/attacking play it's ridiculous

Charlie's an ok player, nothing more. We were ok back then, so he looked decent. Same with Wilson. Found out as soon as the level around them rose above their abilities

Not a chance, mate - sorry but will never agree with that. Thankfully Arry wouldn't either hence Walker's emergence. He offers so much to our overall wide/attacking play it's ridiculous

Charlie's an ok player, nothing more. We were ok back then, so he looked decent. Same with Wilson. Found out as soon as the level around them rose above their abilities

I like how you have cut the most important bit where I state his impressive physique makes him a better alternative. Walker is an awful footballer, I'm talking about ON the ball. He is just such an athlete though. Bale-esque in terms of power.
Charlie in terms of what he could do with the ball is way better than Walker, I don't care how much you argue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back