• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

The title of next week's episode is the children.

Knowing what should be coming, the title gives a lot of foreshadowing if you think logically (and a little laterally) about it.

The title of next week's episode is the children.

Knowing what should be coming, the title gives a lot of foreshadowing if you think logically (and a little laterally) about it.

the way they have moved things around to set the series has caught me a little. Loads of guys at work keep asking me whats coming and I dont want to tell them. BUT I say in the next ish episode expect something big. But its been delayed until the end of the series it seems.

Last nights episode was very good.

Massively important stuff in terms of the different story lines, but why this was submitted for Emmy consideration I will never understand.

Great episode tonight - much better than the ninth and the best of the bunch of season four.

Cant wait for five

I think it's plateaued personally and will decline from here on in.

They should have trimmed down the magical and fantasy elements as sometimes they're just a bit silly. It was a bit too Jason and the Argonauts tonight I thought.

They should have trimmed down the magical and fantasy elements as sometimes they're just a bit silly. It was a bit too Jason and the Argonauts tonight I thought.

One of the reasons I didnt even give GoT a go at the beginning until about three months ago was because I was under the impression GoT was another LoTR type show. It proved me wrong and one of the reasons why I was hooked. As you say it is starting to go back into weird territory for me but it is still brilliant. I do like the dragon story line its intriguing albeit a touch slow.

Not sure if you've read the books - if you haven't that's a remarkably prescient comment.

I can't tell if we're quite at the bit where the books get really boring yet, but just like Winter, it is coming.

Anyone that watched the prequel animations on the previous page will

know that the children some of the oldest beings in the kingdoms, so looking forward to what theyre gonna get up to!

Not sure if you've read the books - if you haven't that's a remarkably prescient comment.

I can't tell if we're quite at the bit where the books get really boring yet, but just like Winter, it is coming.

I haven't read the books, no, and have avoided checking to see what happens. It's just my feeling that there's a bit too many strands going on and it's starting to lack a central focus.

Like DHSF said, it's the human story that attracted me to the show, and dragons aside (because they used to exist before St George killed them) the magical/fantasy stuff leaves me a bit cold. Random Giant people suddenly appearing, The Lord of Light business, now the "Children", random people like Mckenzie Crook who see through a bird's eyes, the White Walkers who appeared to be a major part of the show then disappeared.

It's obviously based on different periods of English History, like the period of seven Anglo-Saxon kingdoms that united into England, the Wars of the Roses, and the wall is obviously based on Hadrian's wall. The best part of it is the power politics.

I haven't read the books, no, and have avoided checking to see what happens. It's just my feeling that there's a bit too many strands going on and it's starting to lack a central focus.

Like DHSF said, it's the human story that attracted me to the show, and dragons aside (because they used to exist before St George killed them) the magical/fantasy stuff leaves me a bit cold. Random Giant people suddenly appearing, The Lord of Light business, now the "Children", random people like Mckenzie Crook who see through a bird's eyes, the White Walkers who appeared to be a major part of the show then disappeared.

It's obviously based on different periods of English History, like the period of seven Anglo-Saxon kingdoms that united into England, the Wars of the Roses, and the wall is obviously based on Hadrian's wall. The best part of it is the power politics.

Totally agree and a good summation. I mean on one side of the wall you have 'normal' people and a human story then on the other side you have ****ing mammoths and gigantic 100 foot tall people and white walkers and skeletons running about. What the **** is that about. Its like two different genres rolled into one.

I have a feeling, unfortunately for us, that it will be more fantasy focussed from here on in.

I don't think I'm giving too much of a spoiler away when I say that focus is going to be less on King's Landing now. Less political posturing, less intrigue and more silly fantasy nonsense is what's in line if he stays true to his books. Hopefully he's listened to the complaints about the fragmented story lines, lack of character development, etc and will alter the series to suit - I doubt it though.

I'm very similar to you, what I loved about what we've had so far is the Machiavellian nature of it all. Some of the characters are fairly deep and complex for a fantasy novel and, of course, boobs. The fantasy side of things really bother me and it's certainly leaning that way.

Another slight spoiler:

That ****ty Brandon storyline is about to get a whole lot more ridiculous (and boring).

Totally agree and a good summation. I mean on one side of the wall you have 'normal' people and a human story then on the other side you have ****ing mammoths and gigantic 100 foot tall people and white walkers and skeletons running about. What the **** is that about. Its like two different genres rolled into one.

I have a feeling, unfortunately for us, that it will be more fantasy focussed from here on in.

From what I can remember I think you can rest easy. There is one character yet to make an appearance that is more fantasy /magic, but it's mostly very slow character development and politics for a while now with the occasional action scene.

Back