• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

I rewatched it, it definitely looks like he rolled over and died to me. Oberyn may have died first but he got the first mortal blow in. Perhaps it will be up to the priests to determine what this signified in relation to the will of the gods.

he's called the red viper of dorne for a reason. There was a lingering shot of the spear tip being "cleaned"

Anyone seen these animated shorts?

Kind of a precursor to where it all starts, Aerys Targaryen the mad king, the rebellion Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. Absolutely brilliant watch

[video=youtube;XSuXBVv4ppY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSuXBVv4ppY[/video]

Cheers for the link. I had no idea about the animated shorts but will give them a view when the night is not so late.

Starting to change my mind about this show. More and more, the writers are resorting to repetition with cheap stunts. Wait for the audience to relate to a character and then suddenly kill him/her off. It's getting a bit too predictable. Hope they go back to some decent character development and plot structure.

The precursor to where the TV show starts sounded incredible. Aerys Targaeryen the mad king, the rebellion, Aegon before with his dragons. A prequel could be very very good. So so much happened. What a story.

Starting to change my mind about this show. More and more, the writers are resorting to repetition with cheap stunts. Wait for the audience to relate to a character and then suddenly kill him/her off. It's getting a bit too predictable. Hope they go back to some decent character development and plot structure.

The writer you mean, it is a criticism of him and the books.

I wouldn't class this a book spoiler as its looking back not forwards and its a simple yes/no.

Have they stuck to the book so far in terms of which and when characters die?

I wouldn't class this a book spoiler as its looking back not forwards and its a simple yes/no.

Have they stuck to the book so far in terms of which and when characters die?

I would be if somebody is still alive that should have died...

Some characters have been cut/altered to save money, their part in the story written into existing characters.

Spoiler if you haven't seen the last episode:
Looking at some chapters now, it seems the wildling attack actually happened before the red wedding. There seems to be quite a few inaccuracies regarding Jon Snow and the stuff at the wall.

Ive not read the book and have no inclination to do so but I would imagine that two potential reasons for not folowing the book is a) the book is a tad long winded perhaps and b) diverging from the book maintains the element of surprise for those that have read the books etc.

Ive not read the book and have no inclination to do so but I would imagine that two potential reasons for not folowing the book is a) the book is a tad long winded perhaps and b) diverging from the book maintains the element of surprise for those that have read the books etc.

The books have gotten extremely long winded.

For a tv show it's also important to keep all main characters involved, so timelines will be altered.

Where do the books start from? Aerys the mad king on the throne?

It starts from where the TV series started, and pretty much follows the same storyline (more or less). It'll be interesting to see where they will go from here though, as from book 5 on, the focus is completely different from what it is now.

Thanks for posting the link to the precursor stories! Very interesting.

And regarding The Mountain, according to the book;

He dies shortly after the battle from venom Oberyn Martell had poisoned his spears with.

Last edited:
Last one will kick ass. ;)

I just never got the whole wall thing - never enjoyed it. There was just so many things wrong (or I didnt understand) with the episode. Jut dont want to spoil it by asking the questions etc

I know a lot of you don't like the wall stuff but I thought it was great.

Hats off to Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers/The Descent) who directed this episode. Great shot when it panned around the whole fort as the battle raged. =D>

Think they might leave us hanging at the wall. Some nice twists in store there for next season.

I'm curious if they'll push the conclusion of current events in Kings Landing into next season as well. Some (more) WTF moments in store there as well.

Back