• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

Nigeyman

Chris Armstrong
Okay, okay so I know there is a tv thread but this show is so damn good that surely it deserves its own thread. I love Dexter & 24 but nothing beats thrones in my opinion.

I have watched all three seasons obviously and I have satrted reading the books but I am trying to stay behind the tv show...I certainly dont want to spoil the show for anyone by giving away spoilers...So season 4 starts Monday night...

so what do people think will happen in season 4??? will it be better than 3? who's are peoples favourite characters and least favourite?

My Favourite character is Tyrion Lannister...probably for his wit and bravery and being the only Lannister with any decency in them...I really dislike Joffrey for obvious reasons followed closely by Stannis.

Im curious to see whether little Arya Stark becomes a cool little assasin and Bran is intriging too with those strange powers he has. Daenerys seems to get stronger and stronger and surely its only a matter of time before her story mingles with the others.

perhaps if enough people like thrones we can chat about the episodes when they air and go from there.

Good thread, should add a rule that the newest episodes can be talked about as soon as they are aired in the US, and no spoilers from the books please

My hope for this season is more Margaery :)

yeah love it, no idea which way things will go or who the hero of the piece will turn out to be, it's unpredictability it's one of its strengths IMO,

feel really sorry for the actor who plays Joffrey, he must get people attacking him in the streets

2 episodes to go on Breaking Bad, then I'm starting on this. Will steer clear of here I think.

I thoroughly support this thread.
I've read the books so know what's coming, there will be no spoilers from me.

yeah love it, no idea which way things will go or who the hero of the piece will turn out to be, it's unpredictability it's one of its strengths IMO,

feel really sorry for the actor who plays Joffrey, he must get people attacking him in the streets

He's actually quitting acting after GoT because he thinks he'll be typecast as a baddie for the rest of his career. The actor Jack Gleeson did a talk at the Oxford Union, its on Youtube, quite interesting to hear where he's coming from.

Last edited:
I've read the books and all I can say is that it gets ****. Really, really, ****.

Anyone interesting takes a back seat or dies and gets replaced with some entirely uninteresting one-dimensional characters with no back story whatsoever.

Towards the end of the 3rd book the author seems to have written himself into a corner and is either filling or making it up as he goes along. Either way, it's ****.

I've read the books and all I can say is that it gets ****. Really, really, ****.

Anyone interesting takes a back seat or dies and gets replaced with some entirely uninteresting one-dimensional characters with no back story whatsoever.

Towards the end of the 3rd book the author seems to have written himself into a corner and is either filling or making it up as he goes along. Either way, it's ****.

No spoilers please.

Don't worry, you won't get any from me other than to tell you that every new character to be introduced will be entirely void of back story and character.

My mate has read all the books and he continuously bigs it up. I'm hesitant to ask you any more so will leave it there;)

I haven't read the books so I don't know how far into the story the tv show actually is.. but wasn't there a fear that the tv show would catch up quite soon and have no more book to follow?

If the characters are that one dimensional then it might have been a good thing if the writers of the tv show could take it in any direction they wanted..?

I have the books saved on my kindle after various amazon sales.. definitely worth a read then?

The last book was garbage. At least 90% filler, barely anything actually happened.

gave up halfway through the first series - how does that rate compared to the rest of the show?

can we have season 1 spoilers, everyone seen that?

are the books worth reading, if I start I'll finish so will the later books cheapen the early ones?

bit gutted some who have read the books thinks it gets mush! I am reading the books up to the events of the tv show...so when I get to the red wedding ill stop reading.

interestingly the first season was massively faithful to the first book....but since then the tv show has done alot different to the books imo.

anyone out there who likes a bit of cersie???

bit gutted some who have read the books thinks it gets mush! I am reading the books up to the events of the tv show...so when I get to the red wedding ill stop reading.

interestingly the first season was massively faithful to the first book....but since then the tv show has done alot different to the books imo.

anyone out there who likes a bit of cersie???

The books are getting more and more bloated, but it's just pointless dialogue that I have to skim through before something happens at the end of each chapter.

I'm excited but still ****ed off at Jordinho for revealing a huge spoiler a few months back:(

that was about everyone's favourite king wasnt it...

yeah a bit disapointing but not suprising. Looks like my fave character Tyrion is in for some rough times soon going by the trailers for season 4...what I will say is that the show has deviated from the books...season 2 and 3.

will look at this thread monday night now I guess as our us friends will see it 24 hrs before us...so can chat about the episode then:)

Back