• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

He couldn't score goals in a team that won the league so I don't think he will get that many more at Arsenal, remains to be seen of course. I'm far more jealous of them signing Sanchez.

Let me say I hope upon hope you're right and I'm wrong mate…absolutely…

Not that a photo definitively proves a point, but tell me how this ends up off his shin? Look, I understand that you don't rate the guy, but you have to find better examples than the man moving correctly and scoring a goal. Let alone two.

View attachment 2121

EDIT: an apology of sorts, and with stipulations :lol:…it does NOT get side-footed in, but it's more off his calf/bit of shin than some lucky bounce off the front of his shin. Whenever someone says it came off his shin, the suggestion is he made lucky contact. In this case, even you would have to agree he absolutely intended contact 100%, and given his technique, managed to make the right contact to keep it low and steer the ball in.

I was getting a little confused, I'd seen it three or four times and it was definitely shinned, it's nowhere near his foot. He definitely intended contact with the ball (he's a striker with a chance at goal, attempting contact is a given..), and it ended up in the back of the net, but I think there was a decent amount of luck involved.

[video]http://gfycat.com/NervousHideousFrenchbulldog[/video]

Indeed, and i'm guessing you posted that clip before my amendment.

I absolutely stand by the fact that it comes off his mid-calf/side shin as opposed to some lucky leg-fling where there ball torpedoes off the front of his shin and flies into the net. He knew what he was doing, he made the contact necessary to score and his technique allowed any contact to be decisive. As I said, partial apology only ;) because the insinuation I got from what you said is that he got lucky and I heartily disagree. The boy knows his stuff.

I was getting a little confused, I'd seen it three or four times and it was definitely shinned, it's nowhere near his foot. He definitely intended contact with the ball (he's a striker with a chance at goal, attempting contact is a given..), and it ended up in the back of the net, but I think there was a decent amount of luck involved.

Indeed, we could discuss the semantics forever I suppose, but for me, his technique shows he's absolutely intending to make contact, and the fact he's gone to side-foot it in at speed means that any contact will direct rather than torpedo it. I suppose it's all as we see it. Let's agree that if does this for the filth, we will both call it outrageous luck from a carthorse LOL! :lol:

Welbeck, as Hansen would say "I like him"

really wanted us to sign him, he's shown tonight his quality, last minute and he's still making the right runs and staying composed enough to lift it over the keeper into the corner

he'll be a massive asset for them sadly

Welbeck, as Hansen would say "I like him"

really wanted us to sign him, he's shown tonight his quality, last minute and he's still making the right runs and staying composed enough to lift it over the keeper into the corner

he'll be a massive asset for them sadly

he's everything theyve needed since henry left.. and everything they hoped sanogo would be.

let's not forget that Fergie had him "buddied up" with van Nistelrooy as well, reminded me of him a bit tonight actually, good mentor to have

He couldn't score goals in a team that won the league so I don't think he will get that many more at Arsenal, remains to be seen of course. I'm far more jealous of them signing Sanchez.

Agreed. 2 goals tonight after not scoring for a year and struggling to score in a title winning team doesnt change much.

Crouch and Defoe scored 40 odd goals for England between them. Didnt make any Gooners want to sign them.

Agreed. 2 goals tonight after not scoring for a year and struggling to score in a title winning team doesnt change much.

Crouch and Defoe scored 40 odd goals for England between them. Didnt make any Gooners want to sign them.

because neither could get in their team at the time. plus both are spurs.

He might not be ****, but I'm delighted we didn't sign him. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the meltdowns on ArseMania as frustration begins to take its toll.

+1

I'm starting to sound like his PR guy but I fail to see all of these big mistakes he's made so far;

Won the group at Euro 2012 despite having a better side in our group and eventually lost to a superior Italy side.

Went out at the World Cup finishing 4th in the group with two better teams than us, so he slightly underachieved there but really don't know why people would have expected us to qualify from that group.

That was a really good performance tonight, but it's not like we see that all the time, the two Townsend games at wembley that got us to the World Cup were good, but other than that I'm genuinely struggling to find good performances.

If it carries on like tonight then great, everyone will be happy, but it hasn't been anything like that so far under hodgson (bar the two games I mentioned, even then I'm wondering whether I'm looking at it with rose tinted glasses because Townsend was magnificent in both games?).

I thought the two games at Wembley were quite poor team performances. Anyways on a seperate note, I thought we looked good and the midfield looked fairly solid, even if Wheelchair played poorly. I felt that Delph improved with the game, although he wasn't brilliant and Henderson combined very well with Sterling, Rooney and Welbeck.

Welbeck will probably do well if played centrally, just like Sturridge himself has shown at Liverpool.......lots of potential there.

He was younger, less experienced, fringe player to Van p / rooney et al, played out wide and in midfield most of the times

all of the above = not his fault

Actually if you would like i have access to some premier league stats , opta most of all, there is a mini piece on well beck which actually shows that when played up front the kid was actually VERY effective ..statistically speaking of course. Let me know if you would like the figs

I think wellbeck will be a HUGE success and scum mainly because he is the main front man in a team that creates chances for fun...and he operates through the entire back line and is pretty athletic AND skilled

for 16 million i think arsenal have found their striker for this half end of the season

Back