• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

It will be interesting to see if this formation change is permanent or just a stop gap whilst Sturidge is out

He might not be ****, but I'm delighted we didn't sign him. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the meltdowns on ArseMania as frustration begins to take its toll.

Starting with a thumping against City on Saturday hopefully.

I dont rate him, never have, and think he will be exposed as the pressure of being the main. Glad we didnt get him. Of course, only time will tell.

Last edited:
A lot of you are dismissing Welbeck far too readily.

He will score a decent amount for Arsenal imo (i can certainly see him being the difference between us in the NLD on the 27th, sadly); in fact I think them signing him wil likely keep them just ahead of Manure in the top 4. If they hadn't signed him I think it would likely have been a Falcao-powered Manure that would have usurped them in the top 4.

manure will regret selling him to a direct rival imo.

Not specifically but I don't see how moving to a slightly better team is going to dramatically improve his goal ratio.

Eh?

How about:

- playing week in week out in a system that creates a lot of chances
- playing in the position that perhaps he prefers
- playing for somebody not called David Moyes
- he is 23 and not exactly at the peak a striker usually gets to

Eh?

How about:

- playing week in week out in a system that creates a lot of chances
- playing in the position that perhaps he prefers
- playing for somebody not called David Moyes
- he is 23 and not exactly at the peak a striker usually gets to

1) Who says he's going to play week in week out? They just spent a lot of money on Sanchez who can also play up front if needed.

2) Who says he's going to be playing up front even when he is picked?

3) He played for Alex Ferguson before and still couldn't hit a barn door.

4) That's all he has in his favour.

1) Who says he's going to play week in week out? They just spent a lot of money on Sanchez who can also play up front if needed.

2) Who says he's going to be playing up front even when he is picked?

3) He played for Alex Ferguson before and still couldn't hit a barn door.

4) That's all he has in his favour.

I think the bolded bit is wrong; but that is based on my hunch, especially after his season loan at Sunderland. My hazy impression is that he was very good in the 2011/12 season, scored some good goals.

Do you have the stats to back up your point on number 3? Happy to be proved wrong on this..

2012-13 - 27 league apps - 1 league goal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Welbeck

Lol; that is hilarious!

Ok, i've seen his stats for 2011/12 and 2013/14: 12 goals in 39 games and 10 in 36 respectively.

Not that bad considering that it's appearances; With Rooney or Van Persie likely to have been first choice most of those times, that is not a bad ratio at all. Not great, but not as bad as people are making out.

A better indicator would be the goals per minutes played.

I would have preferred him come to us than the scum (i will likely feel this evn more when he scores against us on the 27th...)

Last edited:
Andorra take 1-0 lead against Wales. Ildefons Lima scores from the penalty spot on 5 mins.

Good goal for the Czechs against Holland. Shame you have to put up with Clarke on the commentary.

Back