• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Ireland's tie kicks off tomorrow, against Bosnia. We narrowly missed out on direct qualification to Poland, and tbh I wasn't that disappointed.

In Euro 2012 Ireland didn't score a single point in their group, conceding 9 goals and scoring only 1 across the 3 games. Facing the play offs against Bosnia means 2 more games of excitement to me. I don't want to be melodramatic but it will feel like a 'cup final' and I'm going to enjoy it.

Should we get past Bosnia (and it's going to be an uphill task as we've got so many players out) then I just hope we can cause an upset somewhere or get a result or two to be proud of (maybe even qualify from the group)

So in a nutshell; I'm excited for tomorrow/monday.

I actually find myself genuinely hoping for Norway to win and qualify for the first time in at least a decade. At least we're looking like a half decent footballing team that wouldn't look completely out of place at a tournament I think.

I agree. Bar strikers that actually score goals, we seem to have a decent team for the first time in ages. It was easy to be cynical towards the Riise, carew, Gamst Pedersen lot, not so much now. Hard working young team. It'll be a good test now, to see if these guys handle the pressure of being expected to go through.

I agree. Bar strikers that actually score goals, we seem to have a decent team for the first time in ages. It was easy to be cynical towards the Riise, carew, Gamst Pedersen lot, not so much now. Hard working young team. It'll be a good test now, to see if these guys handle the pressure of being expected to go through.

I don't see that at all. A bunch of midgets in midfield, but without the skill level you'd expect from that kind of player. As soon as we come up against an actually decent side we get shown up, ie. Croatia away.

Fortunately it's looking good for Hungary, so I won't have to suffer every tv channel and newspaper covering the Norwegian players' every move in the summer or coming up with theoretical scenarios for how we can go through, not to mention being bored to death with the actual football.

I don't see that at all. A bunch of midgets in midfield, but without the skill level you'd expect from that kind of player. As soon as we come up against an actually decent side we get shown up, ie. Croatia away.

Fortunately it's looking good for Hungary, so I won't have to suffer every tv channel and newspaper covering the Norwegian players' every move in the summer or coming up with theoretical scenarios for how we can go through, not to mention being bored to death with the actual football.

I think our midfield is pretty good, compared to what it was. It's our strikers that are failing us. Søderlund is possibly the worst striker I've ever seen play football.

Otherwise I agree. It would be somewhat of a relief to not have to endure the mandatory media hysteria. Still hope we'll win it on Sunday. Not exactly impressed by Hungary, so should be possible.

Denmark have the same problem as Norway. Useless striker. Lord Bendtner as usual not making a very good impression of a football player.

Well at least Eriksen gets a nice long summer holiday next year.

He had a stinker tonight btw.

Congratulations to Sweden. Dont think they are good team but they have one world-class player, who can make a difference.

delighted for the European Championships, they deserve to have Zlatan there, it's been a decent tournament for a while and offering a stage for Ibra justifies the competition

delighted for the European Championships, they deserve to have Zlatan there, it's been a decent tournament for a while and offering a stage for Ibra justifies the competition

oh yeh, need another stupid ego there, ibra of the " I'm not going to watch the tournament if I'm not playing in it"

Back