• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Only good thing Hodgson has done is insisted all the pregnant fish sing the national anthem.

Delph, Wheelchair and Henderson? We really are mid table also rans these days hey. Rubbish, rubbish team.

Scotland managed a decent attempt against Germany yesterday with far less talented players on the pitch.

I don't think Hodgson is the right man for the England job. At the world cup, and on this showing, we're managing to get less than the sum of their parts out of the players.

Throw in Stones, Welbeck and Phil Jones too.

If I didn't have a bet riding on this I wouldn't bother watching.

Yeah I'm not sure why I bother watching it either. I lived in Vienna for a while and the missus is Austrian (plus I work for an Austrian club) so I'm actually enjoying watching the emergence of a good young Austria side than I am watching these over paid English cloggers embarrassing the nation. Honestly, since when have these players been international quality? Estonia maybe, any western European nation? Don't think so.

Scotland managed a decent attempt against Germany yesterday with far less talented players on the pitch.

I don't think Hodgson is the right man for the England job. At the world cup, and on this showing, we're managing to get less than the sum of their parts out of the players.

They often do play well against the top sides, but they have lost to some proper pony teams also.

I don't like to sound like a Roy Hodgson apologist, but I really don't know much further he could have taken this England side although I accept the football has been dire, but that's always the case with England and always will be until we teach kids to not lump it forward as quickly as possible. We should just employ loads of Spanish, German, Italian and Dutch coaches rather than English ones.

I agree. It is a poor team playing to even less than the sum of its parts.

And Wellbeck shows why he actually would've been really useful here…England playing pretty well IMO…

And Wellbeck shows why he actually would've been really useful here…England playing pretty well IMO…

Shins it into the net?

The goal wasn't made by Welbeck, he just happened to be on the end of the cross. We need the guy delivering the cross far more.

Delph, Wheelchair and Henderson? We really are mid table also rans these days hey. Rubbish, rubbish team.

I rather like Delph 8-[ Whether he ought to be starting midfielder for the national team is debatable, though it's quite refreshing to see someone like him being given an opportunity in a meaningful game.

I was just thinking that more players from the lesser teams should get picked. They're used to 'defend first, play hoofball later' tactics and working their asses off. It's what international football has become, scrappy and boring unless there's a massive gulf between the two sides. Nor are they playing alongside some exceptionally talented foreigners that makes them look better than they are in their club side. Leave the showboating for the likes of Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Italy and France.

Shins it into the net?

The goal wasn't made by Welbeck, he just happened to be on the end of the cross. We need the guy delivering the cross far more.

Just happened to be on the end of the cross? No. Timed his run, made the right run, put it away. Not with the shin either. Watch it again mate. How many times have we done that in the last few years?

Just happened to be on the end of the cross? No. Timed his run, made the right run, put it away. Not with the shin either. Watch it again mate. How many times have we done that in the last few years?

Was definitely shinned. Sterling makes that goal.

Welbeck has had opportunities far easier than that to set up fellow England players, and he's ****ed it up on two or three occasions tonight. It's also a pretty standard run for a striker to make, you wouldn't expect the striker to be anywhere else, it's hardly clever movement.

Back