• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

I can tell you now that Mason knew he was playing days before a game before he was a first teamer. With Swindon also he knew. Poch seemingly tells the players thus giving them time to prepare.

Another flaw in Hodgasaurus.

I don't think that always works at international level. In fact i'm sure there are times it isn't done at domestic level.
I think Hodgson is limited, but how early he tells his players whether they are playing or not isn't something to use to label him "Hodgasaurus".

In fact, with all the meh attitude there is to international football anyway, i'd say it's actually right that Hodgson doesn't tell players in advance that their playing....it wont make any difference to those who'd feign injury to get out of playing and concentrate on their club football.

Our players are not great, granted, but Hodgasaurus is an outdated manager and I'll be pleased when he steps down.

Not sure why Masons dad flew out there if he knew Ryan wasn't gonna be playing? Surely he would've been told?

I don't think that he has done any better or worse than his immediate predecessors. I don't see an outstanding candidate to replace him either.

Maybe so but James Milner? Just...James..Milner?

Like I said, he's a conservative manager but whoever was the manager, we are unlikely to see wholesale changes in the squad because the options are so limited.

James Milner should absolutely be starting for England, head and shoulders above all other English midfielders

yeah, in the grand scheme of things he's crap, but, you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear

he'd walk into the spurs side as well

James Milner should absolutely be starting for England, head and shoulders above all other English midfielders

yeah, in the grand scheme of things he's crap, but, you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear

he'd walk into the spurs side as well

Rubbish. He's crap is all I can agree with there sorry buddy.

He's not crap though, is he. He is an upper average player. OK at everything, does not excel at anything but you can see why managers' like him.

Yes he is crap to me. To me crap in the dictionary is defined as 'Milner'.

He hardly scores, can't put in a tackle and his passing is sideways/backwards of square.

Didn't realise that qualifying ends on October 13th, 5 weeks until we know who's qualified for the euros. Play-offs for third placed teams will be in November.

Intrigued by the situation in Group D. Ireland are sitting 1 point ahead of Scotland in 4th, both teams have to face Poland and Germany but Ireland have to play Georgia on Monday, needing a win as you would assume Scotland to take 3 points in their final game against Gibraltar.

So as an Ireland fan I'm really looking forward to Monday's night game against Georgia, feels a bit like a cup final as I wouldn't expect Ireland to get better results against Germany and Poland than Scotland will.

Yes he is crap to me. To me crap in the dictionary is defined as 'Milner'.

He hardly scores, can't put in a tackle and his passing is sideways/backwards of square.

whereas the likes of shelvey, Mason and Delph are far superior...

England don't have any good players, the one of above average we have is Rooney and he seems to be a lightning rod for far too much stick

England have a similar issue to Spurs, way too many fans with unachievable expectations

In the last 15 years we have had 5 different managers ( some of them have won a few things as well) but we have been crap when it comes to the major finals, the truth is that our players are overhyped and they bottle it when the big games come around.

Maybe so but James Milner? Just...James..Milner?
They all love Milner because he's so dull! You give an England manager a straight choice between Milner and Gascoigne they would have picked Milner. Cant remember the last time I enjoyed watching England.

Don't expect it to stay like this but Turkey already ahead against the Dutch. Both not performed well this group but the Dutch have been abysmal.

2-0 Turkey. Arda Turan outmuscling Daley Blind and scoring. Not a good attempt from the keeper either.

Norway currently 2-0 up against Croatia, with 20 mins remaining. Leading the group (!) as it stands, with Italy and Croatia on 2nd and 3rd.

Aaaand Norway actually winning, and are now guaranteed at least a play off spot. Remaining fixtures probably means Italy and Croatia will be first and second in the group, but a good feat from us nonetheless.

The Dutch also three goals down in Turkey.

Come on Iceland, get that win. :)

Hang on. Iceland are already qualified since turkey beat Holland, right? Nice! Gonna be some party in Reykjavik tonight. :)

Last edited:
Back