• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Italy with another huge chance, great job from Norway's goalkeeper. 30 minutes left, still 0-1. Italy the better team, but they're pretty poor by their standards.

Big defensive mistake from Norway. 1-1. And game over for us, realistically. We'll need much luck to score a second - maybe more likely to hope for a Malta equaliser.

Italy scores again, but ref blew for offside. Didn't look like it. We've had plenty luck tonight, can't blame that.

Oops, 2-1 Italy. Nice Pelle finish. All over.

Italy are pretty brick, they'll do nothing. I'm a bit annoyed I allowed you Norsemen to talk me into watching them again.

So turkey through as best third? Oh, well. Not sure which team Norway have the best chance against. Possibly Denmark or Sweden. Would be two intense matches.

Yesterday you did not know who made the decision. Today you know what motivated them.

Do you mind me asking whether you have spent much time in Europe? You seem very set in your views on it but it is not a Europe I recognise in the slightest.

Regardless of which Europe you belief in, rewarding the team who flied the drone with a provocative flag is criminal ! Maybe this will be the trend in Europe from now on. Maybe football matches in Europe will be decided by the number of drones a team flies in future ! Maybe, all the teams, especially Albania, should be required to fly the drones in Euro2016.

I don't see what else the court could have done. Some Albanians did fly a drone and stadium security was unable to deal with it. There was no need for the Serbian players and coaches to get involved. If they had ignored the drone and let stadium security deal with it, the game would have been stopped briefly, and they would have gone on to win. Instead they started a riot.

The drone was flied by the brother of the Albanian PM from the VIP box. It was a well-planned move to provoke the Serbian crowd. The Serbian player did the right thing by pulling down the drone and the flag which caused the match stopped. The trouble only started when the Albanian players tried to grab the flag from the Serbian player. The logical thing would have been a rematch in a neutral ground with an empty stadium. Or the match should have been just cancelled. Giving the win to Albania is just unacceptable. Just imagine if Spurs or Arsenal fans fly drones in each others' stadium with provocative messages. Don't think the players and the crowd will keep quiet. Albania simply don't deserve to be in Euro2016 over Denmark !

Regardless of which Europe you belief in, rewarding the team who flied the drone with a provocative flag is criminal ! Maybe this will be the trend in Europe from now on. Maybe football matches in Europe will be decided by the number of drones a team flies in future ! Maybe, all the teams, especially Albania, should be required to fly the drones in Euro2016.

I don't know any more about this incident than the brief bits I have read online but I am suspicious of anyone who sees things as black and white or reduces complex regional disputes to good guys and bad guys. I suspect that you have not read much more about this than I have (and certainly considered less evidence than the Court of Arbitration in Sport) but have leaped to a conclusion because it reinforces your prejudices.

Lots of people in the Serbian crowd behaving like idiots, of course, but I don't understand why the Albanian players go mental in the first place.

So turkey through as best third? Oh, well. Not sure which team Norway have the best chance against. Possibly Denmark or Sweden. Would be two intense matches.

Against all odds Turkey did qualify as best third (and the country really needs something positive at the moment). Ukraine were aiming for best third but lost to Spain at home. So it was left to Turkey and Hungary. The Dutch needed a win to move into third and they needed Turkey to lose (I think), Turkey needed Kazahkistan to win away to Latvia (to lift them above them and make them relevant in the best third place equation) the Kazahks don't tend to win so a big if... So the Dutch went down 3-0 at home and the Kazakhs 1-0 on 65 mins. The Turks just now needed to score. The Czechs got a player sent off and the Dutch scored 2. Gokhan Tore came on and got sent off leaving Turkey with 10 men. If anyone remembers Euro 2008 - The Turks like to make things dramatic and leave it until the last minute. And typically they didn't stop doing that here. A last minute free-kick from Selcuk Inan (very reminiscent of Beckham against Greece) perfectly taken and placed into the top corner. They then had to wait for the 5 minutes injury time to be played out in Latvia.

I watched the Arda Turan interview after the game and he mentioned that the lack of match practice (he cannot play for Barca until January) really does have an impact. He said you can train forever but match practice is the huge difference. He said he couldn't breath in the last 10 minutes before he went off.

The conclusion is the Hungarians won't have to climb over the barbed wire fences they've built to go to France... (ooh a lil dig there, so naughty...) :oops:

thank GHod, this ridiculous drawn out qualifying is almost over aside from the playoffs, its just money in UEFA;'s coffers at the end of the day, can't wait to see Albania play next year

Not sure why I bother, but I'm watching the draw for the euro playoffs now - and same as with the CL and EL draw, it's always this silly build-up and talk between various UEFA-bigwigs who now one knows anyway. Draw the fudging teams, for fudges sake!

We got Hungary, could actually be that Norway have a fair chance of going to Euro 2016!

Without a doubt the best draw we could get. It seems like most people think it'll be somewhat of a walkover though, which isn't a good mentality to be surrounded by going into the matches.

Not sure why I bother, but I'm watching the draw for the euro playoffs now - and same as with the CL and EL draw, it's always this silly build-up and talk between various UEFA-bigwigs who now one knows anyway. Draw the fudgeing teams, for fudges sake!
It takes forever! I bet FIFA and UEFA could make a 14 year old boys sexual debut last for over an hour!

Big game tonight. The entire country expects Norway to walk right over Hungary, which is exactly why it'll probably end in a defeat. :p

Back