• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Sadly, in the case of the US, you are absolutely wrong. There has not been more immunity, there has not been more continuity for business and the government has been creeping into the diseased brains of millions of my tits to tell them that there is a "fix" in, that Covid is part of that "fix" and that if they all send the orange one enough money he will continue to fund a dictatorial attempt to take over anyway (natch stuff his personal coffers full of cash to help pay off the massive legal bills he will face post January 20th).

The truth is, no capitalist government is prepared to pay what it takes to keep people home/safe/socially distanced for the amount of time necessary to take charge. We will now live with this forever. It is going nowhere and vaccines will be our route back to normalcy.

I personally believe there will be more than one strain of covid19 in circulation right now, but that is ignorant speculation and nothing more (I am -as you know- not a scientist).
FWIW...

massively roostered it didn't we. Numbers spiralling in London and several home counties.

What we should have done, is adhered to strict measures in the run up to Christmas, so we can open up Christmas and allow get togethers. I understand people's need for some normality, some family time. It was achievable, but required hard decisions in run up to Christmas.

Instead, we promised a Christmas sesh, relaxed the rules, see ridiculous increases in numbers and now even though with the Govt backtracking on issues on an almost daily basis, there is zero chance they will amend the Christmas rules.

Problem is, you are then relaxing rules in 10 days time as COVID numbers massively increasing, means January and February will be absolute carnage.

massively roostered it didn't we. Numbers spiralling in London and several home counties.

What we should have done, is adhered to strict measures in the run up to Christmas, so we can open up Christmas and allow get togethers. I understand people's need for some normality, some family time. It was achievable, but required hard decisions in run up to Christmas.

Instead, we promised a Christmas sesh, relaxed the rules, see ridiculous increases in numbers and now even though with the Govt backtracking on issues on an almost daily basis, there is zero chance they will amend the Christmas rules.

Problem is, you are then relaxing rules in 10 days time as COVID numbers massively increasing, means January and February will be absolute carnage.
By strict measures d'you mean the lockdown we were in up to early December? ie continue it up to just before Xmas?

By strict measures d'you mean the lockdown we were in up to early December? ie continue it up to just before Xmas?

Yes that lockdown that wasn't really a lockdown because gyms were open, hairdressers were open, several shops were open (is Poundland really essential? really?)

Can't find the source (will keep looking) but on a podcast i listened to over weekend, a study of the Nov-Dec lockdown found that interactions did not reduce. This is evidenced with the fact numbers at least in some locations, such as Essex, London, Kent have risen post-Lockdown, not decreased substantially as expected.

The areas with the best COVID numbers are the ones such as Liverpool which introduced mass testing, a key driver in South Korea and Taiwan who have recorded some of the best numbers in the world on COVID and South Korea's economy actually on course to grow i believe.

extremely worrying following my previous post. So numbers out of control with a new more virulent strain and we're still ploughing ahead with Christmas plans?

Even Tory MP Ellwood said it needs to be revisited, but it won't be. The decision was made a month ago and the world has changed since. Idiot not to address it properly and simply bury our heads in the sand.

extremely worrying following my previous post. So numbers out of control with a new more virulent strain and we're still ploughing ahead with Christmas plans?

Even Tory MP Ellwood said it needs to be revisited, but it won't be. The decision was made a month ago and the world has changed since. Idiot not to address it properly and simply bury our heads in the sand.

We’re heading into a January and February in which universities - and probably even schools in a number of areas - will be closed.

The numbers are going to be that bad.

There's nothing to suggest the new strain they've detected is more virulent (yet).

Prof Alan McNally, an expert at the University of Birmingham, said UK testing labs had picked up on this new variant in the last few weeks.

He told the BBC: "Let's not be hysterical. It doesn't mean it's more transmissible or more infectious or dangerous.

"It is something to keep an eye on.

"Huge efforts are ongoing at characterising the variant and understanding its emergence. It is important to keep a calm and rational perspective on the strain as this is normal virus evolution and we expect new variants to come and go and emerge over time."

"Personal responsibility for people over Christmas..." Govt this week will spend time putting the onus on people getting COVID, by letting Tier 3 households (of which i am one) meet up with other members.

Why not just cancel the plans? As Ellwood said, it's changed now.

There’s already a number of strains circulating around the world. That little announcement was an attempt to dampen down the protests about London going into Tier 3.
Agreed , seemed like a little weird to announce that.I read there is about 30 variants already.

absolute brick show from Hanrooster.

So many questions on "why are we opening up for Christmas" and he's clearly out of his depth being pushed like that. For a govt so often doing U Turns why am i not surprised they are failing to u turn when they actually should?

They also made a rod for their own back by not caveating Xmas dependent on numbers, at no point did they say "this is our Christmas aim but work with us, if the numbers are here we can get together". Instead they made a promised, that promise looks like a terrible decision and now they are unlikely to backtrack on it.

Personal view is that Whitty should step down as CMO. there is absolutely no way he can in good faith stand behind the Xmas rules. If he does, he's not fit for purpose and a puppet, if he doesn't step down and embarrass the Govt or force them into a climbdown.

Oh fudging hell.

I non-figuratively just found out that shops don't close in Tier 3!?

So Lakeside, Bluewater, Westfield will continue to be open in the run up to Christmas!? Incredible.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Pretty much every shop has found an excuse to stay open up here. The only real difference is that the food places make you stand outside and eat, rather than being able to sit down inside. Which is pretty brick. Oh, and you can’t use the toilets anymore. Not great for me who needs a tinkle every half hour.

Back