• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Not every store has an online offering and many people don't have the internet or a computer to order with either and there's still lots of people who even if they did don't know how to use it.

I'll be buying everything online but that doesn't mean millions of others don't have valid reasons for not being able too.
Essential goods shops always stay open, so the non internet offering or people with no web access are happily catered for.

. We are talking about NON essential goods. That picture above of Regent/Oxford St. I'd hazard a guess that 95% of those shops have online stores and 95% of those shoppers have smartphones/broadband indoors etc. The rabid craving for 'non essential' retail therapy is on them.

Believe me if my mum can get stuff delivered to her house, its a low bar we're setting.

Essential goods shops always stay open, so the non internet offering or people with no web access are happily catered for.

. We are talking about NON essential goods. That picture above of Regent/Oxford St. I'd hazard a guess that 95% of those shops have online stores and 95% of those shoppers have smartphones/broadband indoors etc. The rabid craving for 'non essential' retail therapy is on them.

Believe me if my mum can get stuff delivered to her house, its a low bar we're setting.

Yep mainly aimed at the location. Oxford Street is hardly a haven for bespoke or high-end boutique retailers.

that's why the current rules are so frustrating, if you're in the worst possible Tier (3 at the moment) - how can you argue for non-essential stores to be open? What you're saying is, "things are really bad where you live, so you can't go pubs and restaurants but everything else is fine". People shouldn't need to go clothes shopping to New Look during Tier 3.

Mothercare and things, fine, keep those open, but absolutely needless to have people shopping for clothes or buying makeup in a shopping centre if you're in Tier 3.

that's why the current rules are so frustrating, if you're in the worst possible Tier (3 at the moment) - how can you argue for non-essential stores to be open? What you're saying is, "things are really bad where you live, so you can't go pubs and restaurants but everything else is fine". People shouldn't need to go clothes shopping to New Look during Tier 3.

Mothercare and things, fine, keep those open, but absolutely needless to have people shopping for clothes or buying makeup in a shopping centre if you're in Tier 3.
Last time I was in a clothing store (before lockdown) there were only about 6 people in there including the staff. We'd have struggled to spread a virus if we'd tried.

Last time I was in a clothing store (before lockdown) there were only about 6 people in there including the staff. We'd have struggled to spread a virus if we'd tried.

I agree, before Lockdown it wasn't as bad, but now in the run up to Christmas based on the optics we're seeing in places like Oxford Street etc? Absolute brick show. Had a friend in Bluewater other day said same thing, several shops not open but the place was packed.

We all know this is just a set-up for a Scara boast...so go on then, what super exclusive high end store was this and was the limited numbers because you were honoured with a private viewing?:D

I agree, before Lockdown it wasn't as bad, but now in the run up to Christmas based on the optics we're seeing in places like Oxford Street etc? Absolute brick show. Had a friend in Bluewater other day said same thing, several shops not open but the place was packed.
What's it like on Regent Street?

Maybe it's a type of shopper issue rather than shops in general.

Close loads of shops and bottle neck everyone into less shops though, seems sensible. Apparently you can not social distance safely having a bite to eat in a tier 3 area but potentially have a hairdresser who is exposed to hundreds of customers a week come in contact with you? Makes zero sense.

You can call as many people like selfish but people have been observing lockdowns, masks, tiers because they were told they were the answer but they have not worked. Not only have they not worked peoples living standards have deteriorated without the promised result, alot of "small price to pay" and a year on that price is still being paid.

In a country of 66 million people there is no sense in ruining the long term prospects of 99% of the population to save the lives of those with on average minus one year of life expectancy who may well have died this year of other causes which seem to have miraculously disappeared in the pandemic. People die that is life.

Ironically when the older nation voted Brexit there were those saying things like they wont live to see the damage caused, now we are saying lets save the lives of those with no real life expectancy left and ruin the prospects of kids, students and those starting out in life. Smart people...

And don't come at me about long Covid that affects about 2 people but is apparently a real risk

Last edited:
Close loads of shops and bottle neck everyone into less shops though, seems sensible. Apparently you can not social distance safely having a bite to eat in a tier 3 area but potentially have a hairdresser who is exposed to hundreds of customers a week come in contact with you? Makes zero sense.

You can call as many people like selfish but people have been observing lockdowns, masks, tiers because they were told they were the answer but they have not worked. Not only have they not worked peoples living standards have deteriorated without the promised result, alot of "small price to pay" and a year on that price is still being paid.

In a country of 66 million people there is no sense in ruining the long term prospects of 99% of the population to save the lives of those with on average minus one year of life expectancy who may well have died this year of other causes which seem to have miraculously disappeared in the pandemic. People die that is life.

Ironically when the older nation voted Brexit there were those saying things like they wont live to see the damage caused, now we are saying lets save the lives of those with no real life expectancy left and ruin the prospects of kids, students and those starting out in life. Smart people...

And don't come at me about long Covid that affects about 2 people but is apparently a real risk
@scaramanga liking his own post ;)

You see, I think you undo any potential discussion points with this sort of gubbins. Glad you don't get to judge whose life is worth what...

You see, I think you undo any potential discussion points with this sort of gubbins. Glad you don't get to judge whose life is worth what...

I do not have to choose, natural selection takes care of that, you cant stop death its a fact of life.

Back