• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The post Pandemic stats are hugely interesting, China stopped reporting deaths and the WHO, not that I truly trust them, say likely more a million in that time.

They are also saying that 5 countries stats make up nearly 90% of the world's deaths, basically saying that others are either no accurately reporting, can't accurately report or lying

Been reading loads on Sweden different dynamic to other countries as it should be, but they called their actions spot on TBH. Aided hugely by years of better investment in their health care system as it was and lower obesity rates. But they knew for them that there is a line where death lurks behind every door not just Covid and their line was in a different place to the rest of Europe.

Sweden also adds vitamin d to their milk and bread.

Total hindsight (we didn't know what was going to happen). We might have been better off sticking to plan a and flattening the curve. It mutated into delta just as we were openning up in winter. Far more contagious, less vit d from the sun, doors and windows closed cause it was cold outside. Hard times especially in january.

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad tidings but I got what I assume was this same thing in mid October and I’m still coughing now! Turned into a chest infection so got antibiotics which really helped but it’s still not quite gone. Whatever it is, it’s persistent and hard to shift.

mate this thing came back for a 2nd round, def a chest infection but probably viral as it’s all but gone by itself part from coughing up the odd greeny!
Reckon I had it since the Senegal game on 4th Dec, was still coughing my lungs up on Christmas Eve and on,y started to feel normal Boxing Day!

mate this thing came back for a 2nd round, def a chest infection but probably viral as it’s all but gone by itself part from coughing up the odd greeny!
Reckon I had it since the Senegal game on 4th Dec, was still coughing my lungs up on Christmas Eve and on,y started to feel normal Boxing Day!

My wife’s been ill with a terrible cough since 27th November (her birthday). Two lots of antibiotics and a dose of steroids later she’s just about beginning to feel okay again.

Whatever is going around is very persistent for sure.

In related news, lots of countries stepping up testing on incoming Chinese travellers. A matter of time until we get a new strain coming out of there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-must-take-covid-tests?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

My wife’s been ill with a terrible cough since 27th November (her birthday). Two lots of antibiotics and a dose of steroids later she’s just about beginning to feel okay again.

In related news, lots of countries stepping up testing on incoming Chinese travellers. A matter of time until we get a new strain coming out of there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-must-take-covid-tests?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It's been circling the world it hasn't disappeared, not sure why you think china opening up makes it that more likely a new strain will appear? If they stayed locked down it's inevitable a new strain would appear anyway.

It's been circling the world it hasn't disappeared, not sure why you think china opening up makes it that more likely a new strain will appear? If they stayed locked down it's inevitable a new strain would appear anyway.

China’s change in policy means that covid is now surging through 1.4 billion people without any level of natural immunity having been developed within them. China also has low rates of vaccination, especially amongst the elderly. Even for those who are vaccinated, the Chinese vaccines are significantly less effective than those in general use around the world.

China is a complete outlier at this stage of the pandemic, so there are a host of unknowns; hence a quickly increasing number of countries around the world imposing the testing restrictions.

China’s change in policy means that covid is now surging through 1.4 billion people without any level of natural immunity having been developed within them. China also has low rates of vaccination, especially amongst the elderly. Even for those who are vaccinated, the Chinese vaccines are significantly less effective than those in general use around the world.

China is a complete outlier at this stage of the pandemic, so there are a host of unknowns; hence a quickly increasing number of countries around the world imposing the testing restrictions.

What does immunity have to do with anything? It's going through our population now, 265,000 symptomatic cases the other day. Probably 10 times as many non symptomatic. Immunity just means you'll be less likely to die or have a serious infection.

This is endemic, it will be circling the world for as long as there are people to infect. We just have to accept that.

Edit - 265,000 new symptomatic cases in the uk a day. Over 3 million symptomatic cases. GHod knows how many unsymptomatic.

https://health-study.joinzoe.com/data

it’s very nasty! Hopefully she’s on the mend too.

The whole of latest series has been a good listen.
I've just got to the polar episode - War in the Arctic. I'm trying to not binge on them!! A fantastic episode that joins the climate concerns with the geopolitical ramifications of the melting ice and naval power.

Another good podcast I have been listening to is Thomas Zimmer's one on democracy. It looks at the waning of democracy in the states and really gets into the weeds of it. Scary stuff.

I've just got to the polar episode - War in the Arctic. I'm trying to not binge on them!! A fantastic episode that joins the climate concerns with the geopolitical ramifications of the melting ice and naval power.

Another good podcast I have been listening to is Thomas Zimmer's one on democracy. It looks at the waning of democracy in the states and really gets into the weeds of it. Scary stuff.

The Arctic episode was very eye opening. Think that’s the beauty of this podcast for me. Eye opening to what goes on in terms of global scale. Also how events that happened decades ago shape political agendas in todays world.

The episode on the states was pretty scary stuff.

Good to test the Chinese before entry, seems proactive and stops the macarons saying that there is a science behind 6 being able to be in the pub as long as they order a scotch egg

Reactions: DTA
Good to test the Chinese before entry, seems proactive and stops the macarons saying that there is a science behind 6 being able to be in the pub as long as they order a scotch egg

The scientists all think it's political and does nothing, I'm in favour of it personally because they don't share any information so we have no idea what's circulating there. Probably only delays the inevitable but better to buy time just in case.

Back