• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

and then into National Lockdown after the Xmas bubble, that's just obvious to me

Yeah afraid of that too.
As someone with obligations that mean I can't easily travel to see family during the 23rd - 27th window, that wouldn't be good.

I think there's a chance they will push Lockdown 3 back to Jan though.

The benefit of massive amounts of human death? Are you hearing yourself? What benefit have countries like Sweden and the USA's approach brought them?
More immunity, more continuity for business. Less government power creep, less teaching younger generations that screeching fearfulness trumps a stiff upper lip.

@nayenezgani i think you know by now that there’s zero chance of him admitting that he’s wrong. Just enjoy how he’s looking like a prize prat on this subject. Everyone can die because it’s not his family and most importantly his bank account is healthy. He’s rich you know. Very rich. Drives an Aston Martin.

It certainly indicates death is more likely than immunity - you can work that out without the other measure
How do you work that out?

Death rate is around 0.5% - immunity is 19 times more likely than death. Take the old and the obese out of those numbers and immunity is even more likely.

Last edited:
More immunity, more continuity for business. Less government power creep, less teaching younger generations that screeching fearfulness trumps a stiff upper lip.

Sadly, in the case of the US, you are absolutely wrong. There has not been more immunity, there has not been more continuity for business and the government has been creeping into the diseased brains of millions of macarons to tell them that there is a "fix" in, that Covid is part of that "fix" and that if they all send the orange one enough money he will continue to fund a dictatorial attempt to take over anyway (natch stuff his personal coffers full of cash to help pay off the massive legal bills he will face post January 20th).

The truth is, no capitalist government is prepared to pay what it takes to keep people home/safe/socially distanced for the amount of time necessary to take charge. We will now live with this forever. It is going nowhere and vaccines will be our route back to normalcy.

I personally believe there will be more than one strain of covid19 in circulation right now, but that is ignorant speculation and nothing more (I am -as you know- not a scientist).

Sadly, in the case of the US, you are absolutely wrong. There has not been more immunity, there has not been more continuity for business and the government has been creeping into the diseased brains of millions of my tits to tell them that there is a "fix" in, that Covid is part of that "fix" and that if they all send the orange one enough money he will continue to fund a dictatorial attempt to take over anyway (natch stuff his personal coffers full of cash to help pay off the massive legal bills he will face post January 20th).

The truth is, no capitalist government is prepared to pay what it takes to keep people home/safe/socially distanced for the amount of time necessary to take charge. We will now live with this forever. It is going nowhere and vaccines will be our route back to normalcy.

I personally believe there will be more than one strain of covid19 in circulation right now, but that is ignorant speculation and nothing more (I am -as you know- not a scientist).
The US is certainly a 'special' case.

Certainly in Europe though, there's a clear split between those who want to cower and wait until someone else makes it all better for them and those who can cope with adversity and are able to continue their lives.

Some people just get swept up in news reports and panic. Others are more capable of independent thought and rationalism.

Last edited:

Certainly in Europe though, there's a clear split between those who want to cower and wait until someone else makes it all better for them and those who can cope with adversity and are able to continue their lives.
And you could argue that's a problem for those who govern, trying to balance things to keep as many people as happy as possible. Of course that approach rarely works...a half fudge all round.

So the US version of Covid 19 is different to the European version?

Sadly, in the case of the US, you are absolutely wrong. There has not been more immunity, there has not been more continuity for business and the government has been creeping into the diseased brains of millions of my tits to tell them that there is a "fix" in, that Covid is part of that "fix" and that if they all send the orange one enough money he will continue to fund a dictatorial attempt to take over anyway (natch stuff his personal coffers full of cash to help pay off the massive legal bills he will face post January 20th).

Scott Morrison says hi.

So the US version of Covid 19 is different to the European version?
The US reaction is.

Religion and all the nonsense that comes with it means you can't compare their politics to other "developed" countries. Almost their entire country votes against their own economic interests to further or halt the progression of right wing Christianity.

That clam is as bad as Johnson. He did fudge all to fight Covid and applied a ton of political pressure on the states to open up too early. All credit goes to the state premiers and not to that clown.

I agree, I just couldn’t be arsed listing all the Premiers. Truth is Daniel Andrews is the one who probably came through all this with the best reputation for following the science.

The US reaction is.

Religion and all the nonsense that comes with it means you can't compare their politics to other "developed" countries. Almost their entire country votes against their own economic interests to further or halt the progression of right wing Christianity.

Errrr...there is a "bit" more to it than that old chum. Really. There is. In fact, if you want to tag a movement as having had it's paws in American politics more than any other for the last two decades, try racism and economic fascism.

Errrr...there is a "bit" more to it than that old chum. Really. There is. In fact, if you want to tag a movement as having had it's paws in American politics more than any other for the last two decades, try racism and economic fascism.
Even so, very few Americans I meet ever have much interest in the economy as a whole when it comes to voting. The social side of things get far more play there than here.

Can't remember what the exact proportion was but a really scary majority said they'd never vote for an atheist as president in a poll.

Back