• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

exactly, it's a cultural shift that's occured. Like i said, i've seen plenty of people not wearing them now (and i dont believe those all to be 'health exempt') so will be a large proportion that do not post vaccine. But doesn't bother me wearing one, if it means i get 1% less colds/flu or share that around whilst sat watching netflix on the train, it's no biggie.

of course others feel like being asked to wear a mask for 20mins in sainsburys is akin to being asked to walk barefoot through the sahara desert.
Isn't it historically more common in SE Asia areas from a pollution angle?

Also would you be continuing with mask wearing, let's say in 5 years time when things have really settled down, to avoid flu and colds as well.?

Last edited:
Isn't it more common in SE Asia areas from a pollution angle?

Also would you be continuing with mask wearing, let's say in 5 years time when things have really settled down, to avoid flu and colds as well.?

that's kinda my point. None of us have lived through a pandemic before, and in the last two decades there's been 3 potential outbreaks of a pandemic leading to Covid-19, a full scale global pandemic. I think a cultural shift will occur, and in 5 years time, mask wearing which is commonplace in Asia will also be commonplace in Europe. Not to the extent as it is today sure, but our children will grow up in a world where people wearing masks out and about is the norm as opposed to how we grew up.

that's kinda my point. None of us have lived through a pandemic before, and in the last two decades there's been 3 potential outbreaks of a pandemic leading to Covid-19, a full scale global pandemic. I think a cultural shift will occur, and in 5 years time, mask wearing which is commonplace in Asia will also be commonplace in Europe. Not to the extent as it is today sure, but our children will grow up in a world where people wearing masks out and about is the norm as opposed to how we grew up.

For sure. It’s here to stay.

I don’t distrust science at all (I have no issue with taking a vaccine) but the science on masks since day 1 has been indifferent to the point Sage/CDC/Who didn’t back them fully.

This is from the who in March:

No. WHO does not recommend that asymptomatic individuals (i.e., who do not have respiratory symptoms) in the community should wear medical masks, as currently there is no evidence that routine use of medical masks by healthy individuals prevents 2019-nCoV transmission. Masks are recommended to be used by symptomatic persons in the community. Misuse and overuse of medical masks may cause serious issues of shortage of stocks and lack of mask availability for those who actually need to wear them.

In health care facilities where health care workers are directly taking care of suspect or confirmed 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease patients, masks are an important part of containing 2019-nCoV spread between people, along with other PPE and hand hygiene. For more information on medical mask use, click here.

Then look at what people are using as masks - scarfs/single use masks used numerous times/old bits of cloth etc etc which are not which if unclean can cause different bacterial issues

Your reasoning for not using a mask is a WHO Q&A bullet point from March. Not to mention the fact it says not to use masks for PPE supply reasons. Apart from the fact March might as well be another lifetime ago for the amount of scientific water that's gone under the bridge since then, do you honestly believe an asymptomatic person doesn't need to wear a mask?

I don't see masses of people wearing masks when it's over, I can't see myself wearing them anyway. I wear glasses a lot which means I can barely see as they get steamed up all the time and I find them uncomfortable and it scares my daughter.

Those old enough to have seen our Double Winners would’ve lived through at least 2 pandemics, albeit not quite so deadly as this has turned out...

Nothing surprises me, as we have a group of incompetents in charge.

The argument advanced is that that people will do what they want anyway, and the Christmas rules are an attempt at holding on to some sort of control.

To which the answer is, your public messaging has obviously been brick then; and you should still be showing some leadership by telling people what is actually safe - and by making clear exactly what the effect is going to be on the NHS come mid-January and February.
Can but dream of ever hearing something so coherent from Boris.

“Lockdowns suck. You understand why it’s necessary, but it still takes an extended toll on people,” said Chase Madsen, a 26-year-old creative producer in Auckland, who attended a large family wedding last weekend after the virus was practically eliminated once again. “Still, I think you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone in New Zealand who thinks the lockdowns haven’t been worth it, unless they’re quite fringe politically or naive.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/countries-without-coronavirus-no-covid

Wonder what is causing such a surge in Kent, Essex and East London?

worth bearing in mind Essex has for some time had a massive proportion of cases, and certainly over the last month a higher number than say Manchester in Tier 3. So it's no surprise the cases are simply expanding to a greater number.

What is strange is the Govt chose to keep Essex in Tier 2, now i get some areas of Essex are low but the major populous areas (Basildon, Romford) have been high, so surely should be Tier 3 category when Manchester (and now Saudi Sportswashing Machine) with a lower number of cases than major areas of Essex in Tier 2.

Political choices perhaps given the majority of Essex governed under Tory MPs?

worth bearing in mind Essex has for some time had a massive proportion of cases, and certainly over the last month a higher number than say Manchester in Tier 3. So it's no surprise the cases are simply expanding to a greater number.

What is strange is the Govt chose to keep Essex in Tier 2, now i get some areas of Essex are low but the major populous areas (Basildon, Romford) have been high, so surely should be Tier 3 category when Manchester (and now Saudi Sportswashing Machine) with a lower number of cases than major areas of Essex in Tier 2.

Political choices perhaps given the majority of Essex governed under Tory MPs?

Slight point of order - Romford is London Borough of Havering rather than Essex (but with the highest rate of infection in London, will probably be a factor in London as a whole moving into Tier 3 anyway).
I think at the time of coming out of lockdown, whilst cases were high in some areas of Essex, they were actually falling. That - along with political influence I am sure (e.g. our MP is Boris's PPS) - was probably just enough to keep it in Tier 2.
Basildon is 3rd highest in the country at the moment, with cases in Brentwood and Epping rising rapidly again. I can't see how Essex won't go into Tier 3. The best is that they will differentiate between areas but I can't see that happening. Its' going to muck up my Christmas lunch plans anyway :(

Back