• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Williamson threatening to take legal action against schools closing this week. WTF why play politics? In the Last week before Christmas very little learning is done, weigh that up against the potential spread of the virus especially in secondary schools and the potential to give 14 clear days before the Christmas mix it up. Seemed like a good decision by the schools. Especially given Williamson's government have just moved us into tier 3.

We’ve had a power cut here since around 8.30 this evening.
I don’t know how widespread it is but I feel for any hospitality businesses who, as of this afternoon, knew they only had two evenings of trading left, and then the electricity goes out and they lose their penultimate night of business. They must feel the odds are stacked against them.

Williamson threatening to take legal action against schools closing this week. WTF why play politics? In the Last week before Christmas very little learning is done, weigh that up against the potential spread of the virus especially in secondary schools and the potential to give 14 clear days before the Christmas mix it up. Seemed like a good decision by the schools. Especially given Williamson's government have just moved us into tier 3.

Given that schools are mostly half empty anyway (as pupils and staff isolate, and parents vote with their feet by keeping their children at home) it’s another piece of useless Daily Mail appeasement from Fireplace Salesman of the Year 2007.

Given that schools are mostly half empty anyway (as pupils and staff isolate, and parents vote with their feet by keeping their children at home) it’s another piece of useless Daily Mail appeasement from Fireplace Salesman of the Year 2007.
Can’t comment on your area but I live opposite two schools and there as busy as normal

We’ve had a power cut here since around 8.30 this evening.
I don’t know how widespread it is but I feel for any hospitality businesses who, as of this afternoon, knew they only had two evenings of trading left, and then the electricity goes out and they lose their penultimate night of business. They must feel the odds are stacked against them.

Ouch, hope it's back soon, I think pretty local, I'm about 5 miles away and we've not had any issues.

I think it's more they can't afford for the shops to close - many retailers make 50/60% of their revenue over the festive period.

Ultimatley it's all a political choice of what balance between health and economy they want to protect.

Rampant in the South now. I'm the only one not isolating in my house now. All the kids and key worker Mrs were in bubbles. We won't be seeing family for Xmas now. Not worth it.

Can’t comment on your area but I live opposite two schools and there as busy as normal

I work in a school in the South West, where numbers have been consistently low. Term has been anything but normal. We had some pupils on their fourth period of isolation last week - so they’ve missed almost eight weeks of teaching time this term (and they are due to take A Levels next summer).

Because of this we’ve been teaching in a blended way since the second week of September - some pupils in classes, some at home. It cuts learning time in lessons significantly.

Just because it looks normal outside schools doesn’t mean it’s normal inside.

I work in a school in the South West, where numbers have been consistently low. Term has been anything but normal. We had some pupils on their fourth period of isolation last week - so they’ve missed almost eight weeks of teaching time this term (and they are due to take A Levels next summer).

Because of this we’ve been teaching in a blended way since the second week of September - some pupils in classes, some at home. It cuts learning time in lessons significantly.

Just because it looks normal outside schools doesn’t mean it’s normal inside.
Your at a secondary
My two are primary
1 case across two schools in the last 8 weeks

If only there was something like 'online shopping':rolleyes:

Not every store has an online offering and many people don't have the internet or a computer to order with either and there's still lots of people who even if they did don't know how to use it.

I'll be buying everything online but that doesn't mean millions of others don't have valid reasons for not being able too.

Back