• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

There's always been a group of senior players that are a link between the more junior squad members and the manager... and since we have no manager, nor DoF, directly to Levy.

Obviously Lloris Kane then Dier and Hojbjerg at least.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-stellini-sacking-Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Reported as Hugo Lloris, Harry Kane, Eric Dier and Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

I think the player committee deserve their own thread.

They remind me of the Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue and Lennon group that ran the dressing room in Pochettino first days who ended up being bombed out.

Why isn't Son part of it?

Last edited:
I think the player committee deserve their own thread.

They reminds me of Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue and Lennon group that ran the dressing room in Pochettino first days who ended up being bombed out.

Why isn't Son part of it?

Son & Davies would be obvious additions, Son may not be his personality to complain, took Conte leaving for him to comment on how the system was hurting his game.

I imagine it's mountains out of molehills, senior players who speak on behalf of the squad to higher ups when required are probably common across all clubs - but it's been reported on here so now it has to be a problem

Said it earlier, Simon Jordan has commented in the past it's a normal thing with owners.

Probably not great ours includes two out of four players that shouldn't be here next season

I imagine it's mountains out of molehills, senior players who speak on behalf of the squad to higher ups when required are probably common across all clubs - but it's been reported on now so obviously it has to be a problem...

Southgate publicly appointed his equivalent for the 2018 WC - it was Kane, Henderson, Dier and Young. Chrissy Hughton was seen as pioneering the model a long long time ago.

This Players Committee just sounds like “leadership group” got a rebrand and nothing more.

Leadership with None of the players being either leaders or performing on the pitch.

Like I said bin the lot from top to bottom, yet another rebuild season.

I imagine it's mountains out of molehills, senior players who speak on behalf of the squad to higher ups when required are probably common across all clubs - but it's been reported on now so obviously it has to be a problem...

Senior members are representative of the older players in the squad and the way things have always been done.
Same as any workplace.
That is the problem.
It was the same as with the Kaboul Adebayor group.
A player committee should be representative all the players in the squad and the issues different parts of the squad have.
Should at least have an older player, a young player breaking through, a player who is mainly a substitute, one from one of the main foreign language cliches in the squad.

I don't think any of Kane, Dier, Hojbjerg and Lloris can speak for the likes of Romero, Porro, Sanchez or Richarlison.

Leadership with None of the players being either leaders or performing on the pitch.

Like I said bin the lot from top to bottom, yet another rebuild season.

Regardless of his poor form, Hugo is captain of Spurs and of his country.
Harry Kane has absolutely performed this season and is also captain of his country.
Hjobjerg is definitely a leader, though obviously divides opinion amongst fans.
Eric Dier is someone that I think should be leaving for the good of the club and himself.

But for all we know the rest of the squad are very happy with these players speaking on their behalf.

Harry Kane has absolutely performed this season and is also captain of his country.
Eric Dier is someone that I think should be leaving for the good of the club and himself.

But for all we know the rest of the squad are very happy with these players speaking on their behalf.

Not exactly the most inspiring bunch hence the absence of leadership on the pitch.
Lloris - looks permanently bewildered these days
Kane - a legend to us and a great player but not a great leader imo
Dier/Peh - zero credibility as they’re not good enough.

Son & Davies would be obvious additions, Son may not be his personality to complain, took Conte leaving for him to comment on how the system was hurting his game.
It already looks like an old boys club without adding another 2. I would say Skipp has more leadership qualities than any of them.

If these players told Levy they want Poch, I would have thought Levy would do it. So does this mean these players don't want him back?

If these players told Levy they want Poch, I would have thought Levy would do it. So does this mean these players don't want him back?

Given there’s a more than decent chance of 2 or 3 leaving in the next year or two, it would be absolutely disastrous for Levy to take any specific advice on who should be the next manager (beyond style, personality etc)

Not exactly the most inspiring bunch hence the absence of leadership on the pitch.
Lloris - looks permanently bewildered these days
Kane - a legend to us and a great player but not a great leader imo
Dier/Peh - zero credibility as they’re not good enough.

*in your opinion

Back