• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

If these players told Levy they want Poch, I would have thought Levy would do it. So does this mean these players don't want him back?

That was my first thought.
Which brings all it's own issues,
Why we asking two players who clearly need replacing, and you pick any two from three to suit your agenda, a player that will probably not be here in 18 months, and most importantly imv players that have just been called out by the ex manager, a previous manager when he left and have underperformed all season.
If we knew conte was gone/going why do we appear to be stumbling around like this is all a surprise.
If as is being claimed a manager is lined up why not at least say that, no need for specifics, just a statement along the lines of "steps have been taken to get the club off to the best possible start for next season".
This all smacks of wait and see, dithering and a complete lack of foresight.

Disasterous appointment by Levy. For me , ranks as one of his biggest mistakes. Conte lite who has been in the dressing room all season was never going to work in a million years . To go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away in a must win game and introduce a new system with four at the back with two full backs who can't defend was probably the height of tactical ineptitude.

Disasterous appointment by Levy. For me , ranks as one of his biggest mistakes. Conte lite who has been in the dressing room all season was never going to work in a million years . To go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine away in a must win game and introduce a new system with four at the back with two full backs who can't defend was probably the height of tactical ineptitude.

But word is it was Paratici who recommended Stellini taking over until the end of the season? If true, then Levy was doing what everyone seemingly wants him to do, and taking the advice of his DoF (soon to be gone DoF, but DoF at the time all the same) rather than making football decisions himself.

No
He is a part time coach in Holland.
I also said he could be wrong
I’m not claiming to be ITK here
It was a random comment from him almost as if we all knew
Sounds a bit eye tea kay to me. It's always the ones you least expect.

Never heard of Slot but his name is a headline writers dream.

Biggest mistakes? It's just a 10 game stint to see out a season that is heading towards 5th-8th no matter who is in charge. And whether we qualify for Europe or not has plusses and minuses on both outcomes.
Although 4 at the back look doomed because of the lack of a genuine RB and LB, he may of been pushed that way because his 3CH, Sanchez, had been mentally destroyed the week before?.
You might as well start on Mason as he's been in the dressing room all season as well.

Stop catastrophising every element, there are big decisions to come, nothing on the field for the rest of the season is going to count for much, basically because we already have (thankfully) more than 40pts.

Issue with Poch seems to be at board room level.

Hiring him would make him more or less unsackable, he'd have the backing of the fan base and I imagine be able to negotiate significant power within the club as a condition of his return. The board seem like they would much rather have someone readily disposable. Surprised Southgate's name hasn't be mentioned.

Sounds a bit eye tea kay to me. It's always the ones you least expect.

Never heard of Slot but his name is a headline writers dream.
He is a really progressive coach
Winning the league in Holland with much less money and resources than Ajax and PSV
He would also have won the league against Ten Hag before Covid kicked in
But…. It could all be gonad*s

Back