• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

I remember Poch saying that the players shouldn't have contact with Levy in such way, that there should be a chain of command.

I can recall Simon Jordan saying as an owner you would have a group of players (senior) you could reach out to, to have a direct conversation, nothing unusual.

I suspect we have however made a little bit of a deal with the devil with getting Kane, Son & Lloris to commit for so long.

I can recall Simon Jordan saying as an owner you would have a group of players (senior) you could reach out to, to have a direct conversation, nothing unusual.

I suspect we have however made a little bit of a deal with the devil with getting Kane, Son & Lloris to commit for so long.

Dier would have been there asking Daniel if he's got his new contract paperwork printed off yet.

I think all 3 are quite positive, thoughtful individuals. Two of the top international captains in the world. It's hardly Ronaldo and Greenwood turning up in your office.

LOL. What a shambles.

So we started the season with a relatively reknowned DOF, a world class manager, his assistant and a highly rated physical coach.

Now two of them have been sacked, another banned from world football and the last guy is dead.

I know it was only four games, but that's a whopping 25% win ratio for Stellini too - our worst ever. Worse than Santini's 27% and Ramos' 28%.

Mason is top of the list, BTW, with 66%, a number that will surely plummet in the coming month.

Last edited:
Not sure about this "Player Committee" thing. That's a potentially very worrying development in my opinion. A group of players have the ear of the chairman. How does any manager not feel undermined by that?

I couldn't see Fergie, Clough or any of those boys tolerating a player committee. I know the game has changed but I'd be amazed if Pep or Klopp would tolerate it either.

I remember this committee being mentioned before but can’t recall the context or when it was. But I think it was supposed to be a group of senior players the manager could consult (so maybe Jose if not Poch?) rather than a line of communication with Levy. But in the absence of any other intermediary I guess Levy went directly to them?

LOL. What a shambles.

So we started the season with a relative reknowned DOF, a world class manager, his assistant and a highly rated physical coach.

Now two of them have been sacked, another banned from world football and the last guy is dead.

I know it was only four games, but that's a whopping 25% win ratio for Stellini too - our worst ever. Worse than Santini's 27% and Ramos' 28%.

Mason is top of thw list, BTW, with 66%, a number that will surely plummet in the coming month.

I don’t want to be disrespectful but the bolded bit made me laugh. Sounds like a plot straight out of Father Ted.

So we started the season with a relative reknowned DOF, a world class manager, his assistant and a highly rated physical coach.

Again, no disrespect to Gian Piero’s memory, but quite possibly the funniest post in the history of this forum. Bravo.

Did you want him to do nothing?
Its not that Stallini got a foot in the ass, but we sacked our manager and hire his number 2 then we sack him and hire his number 2… so now we have out number 3.. and I have a feeling the only reason for us not getting a new manager now is just about saving some bucks… and its gonna cost us more. Thats why I say this is a clown Club. 9 out of 10 here knew Stallini would fail

Its not that Stallini got a foot in the ass, but we sacked our manager and hire his number 2 then we sack him and hire his number 2… so now we have out number 3.. and I have a feeling the only reason for us not getting a new manager now is just about saving some bucks… and its gonna cost us more. Thats why I say this is a clown Club. 9 out of 10 here knew Stallini would fail
It’s 100% about the manager we want not being able to join until the summer

It will cost us more in the long run if we hire now for the sake of it and then have to get rid of them half way through next season. It's more important that we get the appointment right.

Too simple for most.

We didn't fudging hire Stellini or Mason in the traditional sense, we gave a person already working in the team a hold on role.

Most likely (none of us fudging know brick) the logic was hold out for ten games and get the guy we wanted over summer.
It was do what you can for 10 games
Then leave with your head up

Hiring Stellini was daft I agree.

However Mason isn't Stellini's number 2 in the same was that Stellini was Conte's number 2.

I think its pretty clear that Conte/Stellini are a pair, whereas Mason is a club guy moved under Stellini for support/experience

Back