• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

Issue with Poch seems to be at board room level.

Hiring him would make him more or less unsackable, he'd have the backing of the fan base and I imagine be able to negotiate significant power within the club as a condition of his return. The board seem like they would much rather have someone readily disposable. Surprised Southgate's name hasn't be mentioned.
Possibly
Could be we have looked at the challenges and short comings at PSG too
We are not the same club he transformed before
We also may have eyes on and an agreement on another coach
I’m being really optimistic now and I think k that’s it’s possible that we may have had the next guy lined up for some time… before sacking conte
As we knew he was going
But I could be massively wrong too

He is a really progressive coach
Winning the league in Holland with much less money and resources than Ajax and PSV
He would also have won the league against Ten Hag before Covid kicked in
But…. It could all be gonad*s
I'm fully on board with Slot now. I'm easily swayed.

He is a really progressive coach
Winning the league in Holland with much less money and resources than Ajax and PSV
He would also have won the league against Ten Hag before Covid kicked in
But…. It could all be gonad*s

Only guessing but I’d say Slot has been lined up as an option if (when?) Nagelsmann declines.

Only guessing but I’d say Slot has been lined up as an option if (when?) Nagelsmann declines.

That's my guess too given that we apparently wanted Nagelman before. Levy has history of wanting a manager and then getting them at a later date (ie Mourinho). Everyone likes a chase, whether its women or football managers!

Biggest mistakes? It's just a 10 game stint to see out a season that is heading towards 5th-8th no matter who is in charge. And whether we qualify for Europe or not has plusses and minuses on both outcomes.
Although 4 at the back look doomed because of the lack of a genuine RB and LB, he may of been pushed that way because his 3CH, Sanchez, had been mentally destroyed the week before?.
You might as well start on Mason as he's been in the dressing room all season as well.

Stop catastrophising every element, there are big decisions to come, nothing on the field for the rest of the season is going to count for much, basically because we already have (thankfully) more than 40pts.

Don't you overdramatise my comment. At the time of Conte's departure we were lying fourth with a decent chance of top four. Giving the reigns to Stellini was akin to giving up our last ( admittedly outside ) chance of top four. Who knows whether a new manager bounce may have got us over the line ( uncle Roy hasn't done too bad at Palace). Hence ONE of Levy's biggest mistakes for me. He just sealed our fate this season.

Don't you overdramatise my comment. At the time of Conte's departure we were lying fourth with a decent chance of top four. Giving the reigns to Stellini was akin to giving up our last ( admittedly outside ) chance of top four. Who knows whether a new manager bounce may have got us over the line ( uncle Roy hasn't done too bad at Palace). Hence ONE of Levy's biggest mistakes for me. He just sealed our fate this season.
Under Conte we were looking at a finish of 4th to 6th. We're now looking at a finish of 7th to 8th. I can't help but wonder whether Levy was playing the same markets selling Spurs points just as I was?

Yes, but i'm intrigued as to how that is applicable to the current Spurs. Like how more than, say, the guy at Eintract or the guy who won the title at Lille etc

How applicable to Spurs is taking a brick team and making them one of the best in the league? Of course, i understand you after something more detailed but with limited knowledge myself i would day that he showed himself to have done an incredible job at Hoff and then once given the chance to step up at Leipzig he didn't really miss a beat in doing so and then once again when given the opportunity to step up, this time to an elite club, with Bayern he once again showed that he could do the job - i think that's a very impressive run of jobs with a range of club size and stature to highlight some adaptability to go along with the ability.

Actually, why does Levy love Nagalsmann? What is it about his profile/body of work that makes him more attractive than others?
Flexible
Young
Dynamic
Big ego
Good football
Big ego
Available
Big ego
His team scores goals
Big ego

levy loves manager who believes he is the best there is

Flexible
Young
Dynamic
Big ego
Good football
Big ego
Available
Big ego
His team scores goals
Big ego

levy loves manager who believes he is the best there is

Is that code for bs-er? Also, then why hire Nuno? And is that why Stellini was kept after Conte, i.e. did Stellini give it the big 'i am'?

Is that code for bs-er? Also, then why hire Nuno? And is that why Stellini was kept after Conte, i.e. did Stellini give it the big 'i am'?
Nuno was hired by Paratici
No it’s not code at all
Julian thinks he is the gonad*s
He believes it and acts that’s way too

stellini was just convenient

Nuno was hired by Paratici
No it’s not code at all
Julian thinks he is the gonad*s
He believes it and acts that’s way too

stellini was just convenient

Ok. Are you saying Levy wants people like that more than other football chairmen?
Harry Redknapp thinks a lot of himself too doesn't he...

Ok. Are you saying Levy wants people like that more than other football chairmen?
Harry Redknapp thinks a lot of himself too doesn't he...
I think levy lives people who are nothing like him
Loud and proud with an earned arrogance
That’s just my opinion of course
But he dumped Poch for Jose because it was Jose….

How applicable to Spurs is taking a brick team and making them one of the best in the league? Of course, i understand you after something more detailed but with limited knowledge myself i would day that he showed himself to have done an incredible job at Hoff and then once given the chance to step up at Leipzig he didn't really miss a beat in doing so and then once again when given the opportunity to step up, this time to an elite club, with Bayern he once again showed that he could do the job - i think that's a very impressive run of jobs with a range of club size and stature to highlight some adaptability to go along with the ability.

Fair points

Back