• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would do well for us. If he wants to be a success in the modern game he will have to appreciate that most clubs will expect him to press. If he doesn't want to do that he's better off trying to play for someone old school like Pulis.

But you can tell how frustrated he is when his team plays too deep and doesn't give him the support. He will thrive in a team that plays a high line and would probably help unlock a few doors.

However I'm not too sure AVB wants someone to be getting involved in play too much as a striker. He wants someone stretching the opposition defenders and keeping them on their toes with runs in behind. So I doubt we will go for him.

I think he would do well for us. If he wants to be a success in the modern game he will have to appreciate that most clubs will expect him to press. If he doesn't want to do that he's better off trying to play for someone old school like Pulis.

But you can tell how frustrated he is when his team plays too deep and doesn't give him the support. He will thrive in a team that plays a high line and would probably help unlock a few doors.

However I'm not too sure AVB wants someone to be getting involved in play too much as a striker. He wants someone stretching the opposition defenders and keeping them on their toes with runs in behind. So I doubt we will go for him.

That doesn't sound like a description of Soldado to me. Sounds more like a Benteke.

Makes the signing of Soldado even more puzzling.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/264495.html

Arsenal and Tottenham to battle for Berbatov

Dimitar Berbatov looks set to be the subject of a transfer tussle in January as Arsenal and Tottenham are believed to be lining up the Fulham striker, according to reports.

The Bulgarian is almost certain to leave Craven Cottage, with his agent saying his client wants to depart during the January transfer window, and new Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen insisting he will not block a potential move.

Meulensteen said: "I will never stand in the way of people's ambitions. He is an immense player that I think any manager would want in his team - especially me. He is an immense player, that's for sure. Any manager in the world would like to have him in their team.

The Metro reports that Tottenham are keen on re-signing the player who they sold to Manchester United for around £31 million in September 2008. They say a fee of £3m could seal the deal for them.

But Spurs could face a battle from their bitter North London rivals Arsenal, as the Daily Mail says that manager Arsene Wenger is eyeing the 32-year-old to bolster his striking options at the club.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/264495.html#qfuTkocsWElWaeKs.99

That is exactly the type of short term signing that we were supposed to be getting away from with AVB and the new regime isn't that correct?

That is exactly the type of short term signing that we were supposed to be getting away from with AVB and the new regime isn't that correct?

I think AVB should and could well be getting a little Harry Redknappish with regards to experienced players . Pirlo has been mentioned and now so too is Berbatov. I think with the squad we now have, an experienced player being the next signing makes sense.

I think AVB should and could well be getting a little Harry Redknappish with regards to experienced players . Pirlo has been mentioned and now so too is Berbatov. I think with the squad we now have, an experienced player being the next signing makes sense.

Ah you see Pirlo is a different kettle of fish. He is still a world class player whilst Berbatov is clearly not as good as he was when he was at Spurs or even United. Plus Italians age like vampires anyway, a 34 year old Italian footballer is like a 28 year old for any other nationality.

I realised I've just contradicted myself, and you know what? I don't care :lol:

Ah you see Pirlo is a different kettle of fish. He is still a world class player whilst Berbatov is clearly not as good as he was when he was at Spurs or even United. Plus Italians age like vampires anyway, a 34 year old Italian footballer is like a 28 year old for any other nationality.

I realised I've just contradicted myself, and you know what? I don't care :lol:

Lol I do like the idea of Pirlo but I can't see it happening .

Berbatov on the other hand is possible and I don't want him joining Wenger's Goons in their pursuit of the title as that would seriously give me the hump .

Its worth £3m to not see him in an Arsenal shirt, agree with Arnie, dont want to see him strengthen their challenge

Its worth £3m to not see him in an Arsenal shirt, agree with Arnie, dont want to see him strengthen their challenge

The question is would he strengthen them? I admit it would be horrible to see him help them win the title. Even if he played little part in it, to see him get a premier league winners medal with them doesn't bare thinking about.

The question is would he strengthen them? I admit it would be horrible to see him help them win the title. Even if he played little part in it, to see him get a premier league winners medal with them doesn't bare thinking about.

I think it would depend on which Berbatov turned up, if its the one that played v Villa yesterday then I think he would. That pass he made in the first half, superb

I would love Berba back at the lane.....one of the classiest players in a Spurs shirt and you just know he would get goals. Against Villa yesterday I thought he was excellent.

He still has that class and links up play well. This is no Saha we are talking about this is someone who is still better than any of our strikers even at the age he is at.

I love how everyone just glosses over the games when literally can't be ****ed and the fact that he's not the player he was 3 years ago :lol:

I love how everyone just glosses over the games when literally can't be ****ed and the fact that he's not the player he was 3 years ago :lol:

Still quality.

He is clearly a player who requires motivating. Right now, he's playing for a move. But also you can see when he gets frustrated playing with a team who just aren't up with his cleverness. Put him with Eriksen, Dembele, Paulinho, Soldado he will thrive. Maybe not so much Townsend and Walker ;)

Frustrating, yes, but there are very few strikers who are cheap, experienced, proven. He knows WHL, he knows what he would be moving back to.

Resigning old players is something we rarely do well. Keane miss, Defoe hit, Kaboul hit, Chimbonda miss. But the closest two to Berbatov are Sheringham and Klinsmann and in both cases whilst they were past their prime they still did a job for us.

Absolute no brainer if he fancies the move.

If his agent and Levy can sort something out, including a "sorry for the way I left" statement, then come back Berba!

His attitude might stink but Berbatov still managed to score 15 goals in 33 Premier League games for lowly Fulham last season. If AVB can get him to work as hard for the team as he did against Villa then surely got to be worth a punt in January, as Dimi is still technically one of the best players in the league and could do the link-up role up front until Eriksen / Lamela have fully adjusted to life in England.

[video=youtube;JyQxAqYDGL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8[/video]
[video=youtube;IhD7Yfa6oMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhD7Yfa6oMY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back