• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This sounds familiar

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov hopes to leave the club in January, according to his agent Emil Dantchev.

The 32-year-old has scored just twice in 12 appearances for the Cottagers this season, a barren run that contributed to the struggles that cost Martin Jol his job.

Rene Meulensteen has taken over the managerial reins at Craven Cottage but he will have been rocked by the news that Berbatov, whose contract expires in the summer, is looking for a way out.

"I don't usually speculate as nobody knows what will happen in January but what I can tell you is he (Berbatov) is not happy at Fulham," said Dantchev.

"He would like, if possible, to find another option."

Turkish club Trabzonsport have been linked with Berbatov, but Dantchev suggested that his client would prefer to remain in the Premier League.

"I cannot comment (on whether there has been any approach) but the priority is to find a solution to stay in England," he said.

Fulham refused to comment on the situation.

------------------------------------------

What a **** this guy is. To come out with **** like that (again) at all unprofessional enough, let alone during the season and even worse on the day of his new manager's first game.

Sorry for inadvertently starting yet another "should we re-sign Berbatov" thread ;)

:ross::ross::ross:

Berba knows he's in the twilight of his career and has got the medals he wanted. Would do a job for us still and would link up beautifully with our current crop of midfielders. He was a real handfull all game for our defence.

Berba and Rene don't like each other

The rumours doing the rounds in the West End of London down by The Thames, is that, Berbatov wants out of Fulham. It's all on account that when both he and his new head coach Rene Meulensteen were at Manchester United, that on more than one occasion there were angry words exchanged between the pair .
Apparently, Berbatov took exception on being called and labelled a lazy ****er by, Meulensteen and largely blamed him for being repeatedly dropped from Fergie's team selections. Berbatov believes if it hadn't been for Meulensteen, he would've played some part in 2011 Champions League Final.

Berbatov definitely wants out and he is looking to find another club in January.

The question for us is, should we make a bid for him at say a couple of million pounds? His contract runs out at the end of the season and Meulensteen has a player in his squad that he doesn't really believe in and perhaps will want to get one in that he does.

Berbatov's suitability to how we play our games .

Alot has been said that Berba does not defend from the front , that he is a lazy player and is not up for the hard graft . I agree , there are times he is one lazy mutha ****er, and in the twilight of his career, I think it's safe to say that his game yardage will fall even further. However , I can't help but think that his skills ( his saying is , "keep calm and give me the ball") is suited to our patient passing style and that against those park the bus type teams he would be just what we need.

I look at our play in the last third and I see that we have players not looking to play the imaginative deft touch through ball or that one two, it's all so safe and lacking in confidence . Berbatov is a confident player and I can only see the confidence of the players like Lamela, Holtby, Soldado, Eriksen and others, all benefiting from seeing him help in unlocking the stubborn defenses of our opponents.

I'll end by saying , that I hated his betrayal as much as any of my fellow Spurs. In fact, watching him on Sky Sports TV that evening, walking around the offices of Old Trafford alongside Fergie and co, was for me, nearly up there with that other, 'the professional game can **** itself moment' when Judas went to the scum.

Should we forgive him and sign him ? I think we should seriously consider Berbatov, I really do. He played for Spurs under Jol and then, Ramos and how Redknapp would've loved him in his Spurs teams instead of going on to play for Ferguson. But I can't help but think that it would be with AVB and his patient passing Spurs side that Berbatov's style of play would be most suited too.

A season and a half back with Tottenham at this stage of his career, I'm sure would be of mutual benefit to both player and our club. I say get him in if we can .

If he is called a lazy ****er by Meulensteen, I suspect he'd be called a lazy ****er by AVB.

Berba knows he's in the twilight of his career and has got the medals he wanted. Would do a job for us still and would link up beautifully with our current crop of midfielders. He was a real handfull all game for our defence.

Would have taken him back two years ago, when for whatever reason he chose to go to Fulham (Jol?)

Now, no thanks, the touch is still there, but he wants to play every game, yet won't have the stamina/legs for it.

If we had Berbatov last night I think we would have coasted to victory. His finishing wasn't great last night but overall his hold-up play and vision was superb. He can play the lone forwad or as a pair with Soldado which I think would transform us.

Arnie's post sums up my thoughts pretty much. I think he's a prick but I could live with it if it gets us back to playing with a bit of style and scoring more freely. Short term deal.

A **** of the absolute highest order. Almost worse than ****bell in my book (not that I expect much support in that view!).

Now merged with all the other threads about bringing Berbatov back. There's been a few.

I hope Levy dosen't miss out again on getting him back. We know what he's about, wont track back etc but for the entrance fee alone and entertainment bring the guy back. Gave us some truly magic moments in his time.

I hope and think that there are better options out there. I loved Berba and I still enjoy watching him play, but his lackluster approach doesn't fit with what AVB is trying to build and he's lost a bit of the edge that made him outstanding a couple of years back.

Not being funny, but has he ever, I mean like even once stated a desire to come back? I really get a sense that Bale would come back one day, but this love in with Berbatov is completely one sided. Added to the fact that he's not the same player he was a couple of years ago. People still bang on about him like he would still score 20 goals if we signed him. You have to really look at yourself if you cannot succeed playing up front for Man United, Fergie never trusted him in the big games, latter stages of the CL for example.

There will be people pining for him to come back when he's 37 if he's still playing.

Last edited:
Didn't he still get a golden boot and a few medals at UTD? Hardly a lack of success. I think we all noticed that he couldn't impose himself against the big boys and that was where he was found out. Does anyone remember the game at the lane vs Bolton in his last season? I think we were ahead but were then reduced to 10 men. Berba had to play up front by himself and he was immense. He tore about up there all alone, pressuring defenders and holding up the ball where he could. I think we won 4-1 in the end.

Didn't he still get a golden boot and a few medals at UTD? Hardly a lack of success. I think we all noticed that he couldn't impose himself against the big boys and that was where he was found out. Does anyone remember the game at the lane vs Bolton in his last season? I think we were ahead but were then reduced to 10 men. Berba had to play up front by himself and he was immense. He tore about up there all alone, pressuring defenders and holding up the ball where he could. I think we won 4-1 in the end.

2008–09 43 14
2009–10 43 12
2010–11 42 21
2011–12 21 9

Those are his combined league and cup totals. One season over 20 goals so hardly a success.

no please, at best he's a stop gap.

i'd rather we take the hit now and invest some game time in eriksen, holtby, lamela and siggurdson in that position and be decisive who we should keep and who should move on.

That game was magical, Keane was sent off for a hand ball (very harsh, imo) and Berbs just ran rings around Bolton for 60 minutes. One of the best individual performances I have ever seen from a Spurs player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back