• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they even have a song for him there 4 years later?

Could have been a legend - chose the fame

One of my biggest heartbreaks in nearly 20 years of suppoting seeing him leave. One of a kind talent

Do they even have a song for him there 4 years later?

Could have been a legend - chose the fame

One of my biggest heartbreaks in nearly 20 years of suppoting seeing him leave. One of a kind talent

I thought you would be the first to reply:D i know we are all spurs fans so it is not a fiar question of whether we would have stayed or not.

But if i was playing for aston villa and man u came in for me and i thought i could go there win things but not play or feel apart of it or i could stay and play games and be loved by the fans i would choose to stay. Thats just me though.

I didnt read anything there that he misses us, but only a fool will say he made the right choice to move.

Ok, he has medals, and honours....but would they have achieved all those things without him? I think so, personally. He handled his dream move poorly, and in my opinion, what goes around comes around.

Rather cynically, it makes me think that SAF just stockpiled him, to keep him out of the hands of his rivals.

One's things for sure though, the second he walked out on us, in the way he did, the door slammed shut forever for me. No return. He got what he wanted, and Im glad it blew up in his face.

I'll reserve judgment till summer, mate

I feel we've been clearing the decks since June, hopefully for some major signings.

Don't think he misses us, but I miss him.

I would gladly get rid of Ade in a heartbeat for Berbatov.

I'll reserve judgment till summer, mate

I feel we've been clearing the decks since June, hopefully for some major signings.

Not done a very good job, we still have krancjar, dos santos, jennas and bentley and piennar, corluka and bassong are only gone on loans, i hope we can get rid of all them in the summer.

Don't think he misses us, the trophies, money and increased prestige in Bulgaria and worldwide will make sure of that. Shame he left though, he'll only ever go down as a little note in Man utd's history, the man that was top scorer in the league 2010/11 yet dropped for the CL final. Could have been a whl legend.

Rather cynically, it makes me think that SAF just stockpiled him, to keep him out of the hands of his rivals.

Honestly I think it was more spontaneous than cynical. SAF has a very chequered transfer history IMO.

He always reminds me of a woman in a shoe shop. Doesnt need any shoes, but wanders in and sees some shinny ones "I must have them" and there you are ?ú200 down.

A week later when you ask "Why arent you wearing your new shoes" you will hear "They dont fit" or "they dont go with anything I have"

Seems to me to be very similar to a great number of SAF buys. Poborsky anyone?!

Could be right. A bit of a flavour of the month thing.

I remember Man U fans were disgusted by his lack of effort for the first year, and I think thats why he was eventually dropped for good. I honestly believe he went there thinking he was top dog, like he was at Spurs, but found out nobody was in awe of him.

Anyway, it couldnt have turned out better as far as Im concerned.

Don't think he misses us, the trophies, money and increased prestige in Bulgaria and worldwide will make sure of that. Shame he left though, he'll only ever go down as a little note in Man utd's history, the man that was top scorer in the league 2010/11 yet dropped for the CL final. Could have been a whl legend.

not a legend but definitely the best striker weve had since Klinsmann. sadly that says a lot about our transfer policy

I think Ferguson bought Berbatov because he felt he would be a 'missing piece', someone who was able to hold up the ball like no-one else in the team. And you look at their strikers now and all 5 are vastly different, Ferguson wants that variety in his squad. Berbatov held up the ball exactly how he was meant to but it soon became obvious that he wasn't always the best fit for a fast, hardworking side. And that, unlike at Spurs, where he was untouchable (and probably still would be), he came a very distant second to Rooney and was often dropped for the differing talents of Owen and Hernandez too.

Man utd. Ranieri then managed to save Man utd's bacon by going to pay 15 million for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back