• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently going to the goons. that will be a tough one to take

I'd be surprised and it would be the same mistake that SAF made, the Scum need an out and out finisher

Berbatov is not your last (furthest forward) striker, he's the one right behind, worked well with Keane forward, would work with Soldado forward.

Come on we got Vlad all we need is this guy then we are doing our bit for the Daily Mail's "Flood The Nation With Bulgarians and Romanians" campaign!

apparently going to the goons. that will be a tough one to take

Would make me utterly sad to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

I thought there was essentially no chance we would go for him with AVB in charge, now there's perhaps a small chance. I would be happy with Defoe out, Berbatov in at this point anyway.

Am I in a minority thinking that Berbatov would make it more likely that Arsenal win the league?

For that alone it would be a move that would be bad for us, then there's the thought of the artist that is Berbatov showing his skills in an Arsenal shirt.

Would much rather see him move abroad, or to us.

I'd be surprised and it would be the same mistake that SAF made, the Scum need an out and out finisher

Berbatov is not your last (furthest forward) striker, he's the one right behind, worked well with Keane forward, would work with Soldado forward.

wouldnt be the worst mistake SAF made as they won the league with him

arsenal need a competent striker.......one that can keep their momentum going...that would mean assists and goals, i think berbatov can give them this. and he would fit in seamlessly with their system...has hold up play and can be a last line player if he wants to...especially now that there are creative technical people all around him

but i think ideally what wenger needs is someone that can break away and get goals ...someone that can stretch opposition

benzema is the one i think he will go for

Would make me utterly sad to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

I thought there was essentially no chance we would go for him with AVB in charge, now there's perhaps a small chance. I would be happy with Defoe out, Berbatov in at this point anyway.

if that happens i think we should bench solly and go for an ade berba thing

but i dont like berba, would rather he just goes abroad

Am I in a minority thinking that Berbatov would make it more likely that Arsenal win the league?

For that alone it would be a move that would be bad for us, then there's the thought of the artist that is Berbatov showing his skills in an Arsenal shirt.

Would much rather see him move abroad, or to us.

snap

arsenal need a competent striker.......one that can keep their momentum going...that would mean assists and goals, i think berbatov can give them this. and he would fit in seamlessly with their system...has hold up play and can be a last line player if he wants to...especially now that there are creative technical people all around him

but i think ideally what wenger needs is someone that can break away and get goals ...someone that can stretch opposition

The Benzema thing would only happen if RM had another super star striker in the bag. Suarez? Aguero? I've seen both linked recently though I assume it is just bolloxology.

if that happens i think we should bench solly and go for an ade berba thing

but i dont like berba, would rather he just goes abroad

I think Berba is capable of playing as a lone striker. As is Ade.

Soldado alongside Berbatov would be golden I think. Ade alongside Soldado is good as we've seen. Ade and Berbatov could work too.

Right now we have two strikers that haven't shown themselves capable of playing as lone strikers in Soldado and Defoe. Meaning that our only functional options are Ade up front on his own (meaning we have to drop Soldado), or Ade alongside Soldado or Defoe. Meaning that we're effectively down to being dependent on Ade staying fit and in form to have a strike partnership we trust. This is comparable to us being entirely dependent on Dembele being fit for our central midfield to work last season.

Berbatov would increase the number of options to us exponentially (or close enough). He knows the league. He knows the club. No settling in period. There is of course still the issue of if he would accept being a squad player, if he would be ready to work for the team, but if he's fairly motivated and Sherwood can see him working in his system I would be delighted to see Berba back.

Think we disagree slightly

- to me, Berbatov/Keane worked with Keane slightly ahead of Berbatov, yet both were bought from us and not quite a "success" (you could argue Berbs) being played in the exact opposite, Berbs higher up in Utd, Keane more supporting in Pool. SAF bought Berbs imo because he saw the lack of creativity in his side (Utd had already started being more of a work horse side), but Utd have usually been more successful with poachers.
- The Scum have plenty of creativity, decent pace, I think they are one of the sides that could do with a pure finisher that consistently scores.

Berbatov is still a good player and will be a decent bench option for a top side.

I don't care about whether or not he's a 24 carrot whatever. We need an Ade option and we ain't got one.

Berba always struggled to score goals vs the top teams didn't he? Ade on the other hand has no trouble

Berba always struggled to score goals vs the top teams didn't he? Ade on the other hand has no trouble

Agree but he runs smaller teams ragged; and seeing that we are out of the top 4 because of the loss to the Spammers and the draw with West Brom, that alone would be a great reason to sign him.

In his two seasons with us Berbatov scored 3 goals against Chelsea, 2 goals against ARSEnal and 1 against ManU... For Fulham last season he got 2 goals plus an assist at the Emirates and he scored the winning goal at White Hart Lane...

Agree but he runs smaller teams ragged; and seeing that we are out of the top 4 because of the loss to the Spammers and the draw with West Brom, that alone would be a great reason to sign him.

He scored 3 goals against WBA last season, which is more than our entire team managed, as Fulham won both those league games... He also scored the winner against Wet Spam this season, again more than our entire team could muster...

At £2m I just dont see why we arent in for him. If we are selling Defoe we would actually make a profit and arguably would be an upgrade
And as mentioned previously, worth paying the money to stop Arsnal gaining a decent signing in their pursuit of the title. In fact I am amazed Chelsea havent shown their interest for the same reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back