• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berbs could play and excel in any system, he's one of (if not the) smartest footballer in the PL, i'd have him back in a heartbeat myself.

Not one where he has to run around pressing the opposition when we dont have the ball.

He's inconsistent as fudge as well, even at his peak. Some days he didnt turn up and the whole team collapsed.

And of course his dad's a convicted rapist.

I think that AVB looks for the following in a striker: mindset, attitude, work ethic, willingness to run the line/work the defence, athleticism, flexibility. None of these are amongst Berbatov's strengths.

Whilst I agree to an extent I don't think AVB would not play Berbatov because he doesn't run around Carlos Tevez style. Doesn't have willingness to run the line/work the defence?! I can't agree with that at all, he did that plenty most obvious example being Bolton at home when we had a man sent off and he played up front on his own. Unless AVBs system is to not play football, he would fit in up front seamlessly....

Whilst I agree to an extent I don't think AVB would not play Berbatov because he doesn't run around Carlos Tevez style. Doesn't have willingness to run the line/work the defence?! I can't agree with that at all, he did that plenty most obvious example being Bolton at home when we had a man sent off and he played up front on his own. Unless AVBs system is to not play football, he would fit in up front seamlessly....

It looks like me that we are signing players to fit a system, Berbatov would not fit that system. You'll find no argument from me on Berbatov's talent but we are not going to change our style of play to accommodate him and I do not believe that he is capable or interested in changing his game to fit the system.

It looks like me that we are signing players to fit a system, Berbatov would not fit that system. You'll find no argument from me on Berbatov's talent but we are not going to change our style of play to accommodate him and I do not believe that he is capable or interested in changing his game to fit the system.

Berbatov wasn't as lethargic as some made out at all. Basically under AVBs amazing system he might have to do a little more running, Im sure hes capable of such. There was no problem with his attitude, he just used to get a little frustrated at times with the players around him which was understandable, there is a much better standard here now. I completely understand your point, but there is just no way I envisage Berbatov not working in how we are going to play next season...

Berbatov wasn't as lethargic as some made out at all. Basically under AVBs amazing system he might have to do a little more running, Im sure hes capable of such. There was no problem with his attitude, he just used to get a little frustrated at times with the players around him which was understandable, there is a much better standard here now. I completely understand your point, but there is just no way I envisage Berbatov not working in how we are going to play next season...

I see no reason to think that AVB could succeed where Ferguson failed and gave up trying

Let's enjoy the memories of what he was able to bring us. There were some wonderful moments, truly well encapsulated by Enter the Pitbull's beautiful compilation. We enjoyed his finest days. But it's over and best left to burnish in the memory bank.

I admit to enjoying the fine moments he gave Fulham fans, but they were hardly frequent enough to give them a stress-free season. I bet he's got a year left in England and he'll be gone after that. We're missing nothing.

Let's enjoy the memories of what he was able to bring us. There were some wonderful moments, truly well encapsulated by Enter the Pitbull's beautiful compilation. We enjoyed his finest days. But it's over and best left to burnish in the memory bank.

I admit to enjoying the fine moments he gave Fulham fans, but they were hardly frequent enough to give them a stress-free season. I bet he's got a year left in England and he'll be gone after that. We're missing nothing.

That compilation is dead to me. Berbatov can sit on a hot coal in hell until it snows before we take him back.

Eh. Frankly don't care about him anymore. Don't dislike him, but don't like him either. I am completely gray in regards to him, which is unusual considering I'm usually quite opinionated about most players.

If he comes here to warm our bench for a year or two.....again, eh. Decent signing, nothing more.

Would I react differently had he not forced through the move to United like he did? I don't really know myself.

article-0-1B333C9B000005DC-159_634x917.jpg

This sounds familiar

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov hopes to leave the club in January, according to his agent Emil Dantchev.

The 32-year-old has scored just twice in 12 appearances for the Cottagers this season, a barren run that contributed to the struggles that cost Martin Jol his job.

Rene Meulensteen has taken over the managerial reins at Craven Cottage but he will have been rocked by the news that Berbatov, whose contract expires in the summer, is looking for a way out.

"I don't usually speculate as nobody knows what will happen in January but what I can tell you is he (Berbatov) is not happy at Fulham," said Dantchev.

"He would like, if possible, to find another option."

Turkish club Trabzonsport have been linked with Berbatov, but Dantchev suggested that his client would prefer to remain in the Premier League.

"I cannot comment (on whether there has been any approach) but the priority is to find a solution to stay in England," he said.

Fulham refused to comment on the situation.

------------------------------------------

What a **** this guy is. To come out with **** like that (again) at all unprofessional enough, let alone during the season and even worse on the day of his new manager's first game.

Sorry for inadvertently starting yet another "should we re-sign Berbatov" thread ;)

Re: This sounds familiar

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov hopes to leave the club in January, according to his agent Emil Dantchev.

The 32-year-old has scored just twice in 12 appearances for the Cottagers this season, a barren run that contributed to the struggles that cost Martin Jol his job.

Rene Meulensteen has taken over the managerial reins at Craven Cottage but he will have been rocked by the news that Berbatov, whose contract expires in the summer, is looking for a way out.

"I don't usually speculate as nobody knows what will happen in January but what I can tell you is he (Berbatov) is not happy at Fulham," said Dantchev.

"He would like, if possible, to find another option."

Turkish club Trabzonsport have been linked with Berbatov, but Dantchev suggested that his client would prefer to remain in the Premier League.

"I cannot comment (on whether there has been any approach) but the priority is to find a solution to stay in England," he said.

Fulham refused to comment on the situation.

------------------------------------------

What a **** this guy is. To come out with **** like that (again) at all unprofessional enough, let alone during the season and even worse on the day of his new manager's first game.

Sorry for inadvertently starting yet another "should we re-sign Berbatov" thread ;)

Agreed 100%.
A disgrace...

Re: This sounds familiar

Certainly don't want him back! Even though a younger player LIKE him would be great IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back