• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly the type of short term signing that we were supposed to be getting away from with AVB and the new regime isn't that correct?

Equate this transfer to the Gudjohnson one under Redknapp, which i think everyone agreed was a good deal - both at the time and looking back.

Similarly signing Naybet during Arnesens time doesn't detract from the overall transfer strategy being very much with one eye on the future.

Equate this transfer to the Gudjohnson one under Redknapp, which i think everyone agreed was a good deal - both at the time and looking back.

Similarly signing Naybet during Arnesens time doesn't detract from the overall transfer strategy being very much with one eye on the future.

Agreed. I don't think anyone had issues with some signings like that. Unfortunately after a very good couple of early windows under Redknapp I think the pendulum swung too far and we didn't sign enough of the younger players with potential to develop into top players whereas we earlier had perhaps signed too few established players.

There should be a balance of sorts, depending on where the team is at the moment of course. Right now a PL proven player with experience wouldn't be the worst idea ever.

VG point. Fergie had that bloke with the dreadlocks.

Problem is our manager likes to lay down the law. Don't think that is always the correct strategy with talented players and especially talented players who are capable of turning games or scoring goals.

cant help imagining how we might be with berba just off solly.....

dreaming it could be wonderful......

darn transfer window and dreams.......like a fit ex gf I had forgotten berba......now its like seeing them out and being reminded why you got all giddy for them in the first place................bugger you all I WAS OVER BERBA!!!!!!!!!! if he moves to the other lot I can continue to hate him.....aaaaaaaarrrrrgh!

I see the point you are trying to make but, IMO, the fact that Gudjonson was a consumate professional makes it a totally inappropriate comparison.

cant help imagining how we might be with berba just off solly.....

dreaming it could be wonderful......

darn transfer window and dreams.......like a fit ex gf I had forgotten berba......now its like seeing them out and being reminded why you got all giddy for them in the first place................bugger you all I WAS OVER BERBA!!!!!!!!!! if he moves to the other lot I can continue to hate him.....aaaaaaaarrrrrgh!

id want my Tottenham manager to dare to try this....

No way would AVB go for a sulky c**t like Berbatov. He doesn't like lax attitudes. He wanted out, he can rot at Fulham.

forget about his history with us for a moment and imagine what would AVB do if one of our players pulled a stunt like this:

2275882.jpg

Berbatov was always a 3 games good, 5 games bad performer. Some lovely touches along the way, but I'd rather have someone consistently doing the business.

Also, he & his agent cost us points that kept us away from CL.

We have enough unsettled (or yet to settle in) players without any malign influences.

Problem is our manager likes to lay down the law. Don't think that is always the correct strategy with talented players and especially talented players who are capable of turning games or scoring goals.

Does he?

Berbatov was always a 3 games good, 5 games bad performer. Some lovely touches along the way, but I'd rather have someone consistently doing the business.

Also, he & his agent cost us points that kept us away from CL.

We have enough unsettled (or yet to settle in) players without any malign influences.

Who on earth are you thinking of,its certainly not Berbatov?

I thought I would never say this BUT I feel we need to bring this fella back ASAP. He would be a team focal point and *may* inspire others around him. The legion of new signings may respond to his presence on the pitch.

He won't cost a lot either.

No brainer for me now.

Now were a 422 team again, Berbatov would suit us even more.
Adebayor can't play all the time, we need someone who can link play as well

Was textbook Timmeh at the club when Berba was shining for us? I wonder if he still pines for him the way some of us do.

Bring back VdV while we're at it.

Getting+the+band+back+together.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back