• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

Probably one of those signings that we had to move on as he was available. He seems adept at finishing. Fast. And able to carry the ball well. So you can see why we moved for him now. If a loan to buy, then we won't have used up all the cash presumably.

Last edited:
I was moaning about the lack of strategy on another thread but was told all was in hand and that we are mid way through a project….amazing that we nearly let him join Everton if he was part of the long term strategy!

What if the strategy is now to manage the transition from Conte to Poch over the coming 5 months? So loaning a player to cover for Moura is much more strategic than blowing precious funds on Conte formation players like Zaniolo and Porro.

What if the strategy is now to manage the transition from Conte to Poch over the coming 5 months? So loaning a player to cover for Moura is much more strategic than blowing precious funds on Conte formation players like Zaniolo and Porro.
I was told it was a strategy for Conte. 3 days ago. That’s some flip.

Anyway - additional note. He didn’t make the World Cup squad whereas Bergwijn did.

Heard on some podcast that he was really good last season under Emery. Change of manager has seen him in a different role, less productive. Linked to bigger clubs than Everton before this rather disappointing season.

If the club has correctly identified that he suits our system he could be rather useful. But I don't know enough about him to have an informed opinion.

I thought we needed some quality at the back! yes we allways need players for cover for injuries etc but another forward..well OK then but what about our ongoing brain farts....you cant win games by leaking goals in the defence!
A loan move, how does that stop us getting a defender? You can't win games if you don't score!

Heard on some podcast that he was really good last season under Emery. Change of manager has seen him in a different role, less productive. Linked to bigger clubs than Everton before this rather disappointing season.

If the club has correctly identified that he suits our system he could be rather useful. But I don't know enough about him to have an informed opinion.
Agree with all of this

What if it isn't? You really need to see someone about your obsession with Poch, it's not healthy.

A loan move, how does that stop us getting a defender? You can't win games if you don't score!

Impossible to know, but a cheaper loan attacking option could be because we're prioritising money in other areas.

Seems to be quite a lot of negativity around this (potential) signing. After the "Juve rejects" and "why would we be interested in Amrabat" reactions perhaps a bit more faith in Paratici and Conte is warranted?

What if the strategy is now to manage the transition from Conte to Poch over the coming 5 months?

That's so far fetched its beyond ridiculous

The idea that we're going to sign players that the next manager wants, with a plan to sack the current one in 5 months is laughable

I think this signing is somewhat opportunistic but that we needed another attacker, he fits the bill in terms of type, played in PL before, good stats for the last couple years, loan-to-buy so risk is low, and he's probably going to be happy being our 5th choice attacker

The idea that we're going to sign players that the next manager wants, with a plan to sack the current one in 5 months is laughable

I think this signing is somewhat opportunistic but that we needed another attacker, he fits the bill in terms of type, played in PL before, good stats for the last couple years, loan-to-buy so risk is low, and he's probably going to be happy being our 5th choice attacker

Being our 5th choice seems a lot better than being first choice for Everton.

Impossible to know, but a cheaper loan attacking option could be because we're prioritising money in other areas.

Seems to be quite a lot of negativity around this (potential) signing. After the "Juve rejects" and "why would we be interested in Amrabat" reactions perhaps a bit more faith in Paratici and Conte is warranted?
Some like to moan no matter what is done...

Scored six goals in the Champions League

We're not necessarily sacking him. But his employment with the club ends in June. So like with Moura (who leaves on the same day), we've got to make plans for beyond that

No-risk, cheapo bargain bin loan to replace Lucas.

Utterly unenthused by it, but equally, hard to get too upset about it. It's a nothing signing with some potential upside and no downside unless he's some dressing room disaster.

Feel sorry for Everton though - never nice to get gazumped like that, and Willian still stings on our end.

Back