• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

He started our midseason friendlies in the false 9 role. Hasn't let him go on loan this season or last. So suggests he might think he's ready to be 8th choice attacker. Or 6th choice cm. Not like we'll ever use him.

I cant see White playing anywhere other than midfield, he's not quick or very good defensively. I've seen him play a lot and in my opinion he's a less aggressive version of Winks.

I cant see White playing anywhere other than midfield, he's not quick or very good defensively. I've seen him play a lot and in my opinion he's a less aggressive version of Winks.

8th choice. It's not like he is going to make or break the season. Maybe 9th if we shove peresic or sess up.

The way we've been playing, he suits us better than Son. We don't play into space, we play to feet, at players being marked and facing the wrong way. That doesn't suit Son at all, and is why he's struggling now. Danjuma is able to turn and carry the ball.
Why we have stopped playing into space, like we did in the latter part of last season, I have no idea.

Perisic. He takes up all the space Son used to have on the left.

(Not saying it is a problem just it doesn't suit Son's game to have him behind/beside/in front of him).

Perisic. He takes up all the space Son used to have on the left.

(Not saying it is a problem just it doesn't suit Son's game to have him behind/beside/in front of him).
It's no different when Sessegnon is playing there, and the WB pushed up high last year too, so I think you're wrong.

whoscored has him listed as a cf though videos show him hugging the touchline more - could be either son or kane's replacement?

upload_2023-1-25_0-31-6.png

Enjoying the way Son is playing then?

not sure if anyone except messi can do well in son's role with the way we play this season: no quick breaks, wings to cross.

upload_2023-1-25_8-21-26.png

upload_2023-1-25_8-29-1.png

stats look underwhelming imo..doesn't assist, defend or get invovled in build up play much ... but certainly young and full of potential... i think his strength, speed and dribbling will appease the fans somewhat.

agree this looks like an opportunistic loan for cover not quality. can't be sure if we gazumped Everton as much as the new manager not wanting Danjuma as much as Lampard too. no risk as its loan-to-buy except that we have other more urgent areas in defence.

i guess the big question is - CLUB OR CONTE BUY?

Some like to moan no matter what is done...

Probably Levy's fault. Just like the Juve rejects up until they turned out brilliant.
Can’t agree with people saying this isn’t a needed signing. Of course the defence needs strengthening, but our attack does too. We have Kane and Kulu who creates things. Beyond that? We have to play Son who provides next to nothing now. This guy has pace and can beat a defender from a standing position. You need these types of players for at least 80 per cent of our games where teams just sit deep. This guy occupies defenders and is just as important as the defender(s) we require as all too often we look ridiculously pedestrian and predictable….

Definitely agree.

We had three players Conte trusted for two attacking positions. Son, Kane, Richarlison.

Discounting Lucas, because what is going on with Lucas, we had 5 attacking players for 3 attacking roles. Son, Richarlison, Kane, Kulusevski and Gil.

One injury to Kane, Son or Richarlison and we had no real option for two attacking roles other than young Gil (who seems to be preferred on the right).

One injury to any of Kane, Son, Richarlison or Kulusevski and our attacking bench was... Gil? 3-5-2 that Conte obviously doesn't seem to want? Perisic and trust Sessegnon at LWB?

I don't think this was near the top of our priorities, but an attacker like Danjuma (or Trossard) seems rather obviously like a useful addition to the squad.

Cheap too, allowing us to focus our money elsewhere. Decent potential, if he can play for us like he did last season in La Liga he'd be really useful. Decent experience. Good profile.

What's not to like?

Just to add one more thing to my long winded post.

The pre World Cup fixture congestion almost did us in. We were struggling continuously for various reasons, but part of that was definitely fixture congestion and a lack of trusted/good options.

I think me may just want to try to progress both in the FA Cup and Champions League. Fixture congestion will again be coming our way even if we don't, but particularly if we do.

Heading into that with one more attacking option. Good or bad thing? Having two players for each position in the squad with fixtures coming quickly. Good or bad thing?

It's a genuine question.

If Danjuma ends up being our only signing this January I would understand those questions being asked at least.

Less so at this point. Given our business in transfer windows over the last couple of years. And the credible rumours on other players. And how Paratici has operated so far with us.

Has anyone ever watched the raft of videos of N'dembele or any other of our failures? I'm sure they could make a 2 minute video of me playing like Maldini.

Last edited:
Back