• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

Utterly unenthused by it, but equally, hard to get too upset about it

Good way of looking at it.

If this time next week, he's the only signing then Levy will be slated by people given our desperate need for more depth

If there's 1-2 proper signings, then this is a decent deal (though on its on this deal doesnt make a transfer window)

Finally blue and yellow comes in! The ITK who said that many moons ago knew.

Danjuma will reject blue (Everton) to move to us from Villarreal (yellow).

It was so so clear to them. How did we miss it?

Can’t agree with people saying this isn’t a needed signing. Of course the defence needs strengthening, but our attack does too. We have Kane and Kulu who creates things. Beyond that? We have to play Son who provides next to nothing now. This guy has pace and can beat a defender from a standing position. You need these types of players for at least 80 per cent of our games where teams just sit deep. This guy occupies defenders and is just as important as the defender(s) we require as all too often we look ridiculously pedestrian and predictable….

I was told it was a strategy for Conte. 3 days ago. That’s some flip.

Anyway - additional note. He didn’t make the World Cup squad whereas Bergwijn did.
Maddison didnt play a minute of the world cup, but sterling played almost every game...
De Gea didn't get picked for Spain, but Robert Sanchez did.

Never heard of him (doesn’t mean much!), but that YouTube clip looks good and against some decent opponents as well. Definite Kulu vibes.

We've only really got 4 players for the front 3 positions, Moura is crocked and Gil isn't really trusted. That leaves Kane, Kulu, Son and Richy. We need cover badly especially with Sons form.

Yeah but we need cover on the right more than the left- we have Richarlson, an expensive signing to cover Son & Kane and if either of the other two are fit he sits on the bench - whereas we have no quality to cover the right. Fair enough if we bring in Zaniolo as well but i don't see this signing covering any immediate issues

Yeah but we need cover on the right more than the left- we have Richarlson, an expensive signing to cover Son & Kane and if either of the other two are fit he sits on the bench - whereas we have no quality to cover the right. Fair enough if we bring in Zaniolo as well but i don't see this signing covering any immediate issues
We're obviously still after Zaniolo, getting Danjuma doesn't impact that. Son is an immediate issue, he needs replacing. If he is taken out and gets his form back then great, but if he doesn't at least we have what looks like a decent replacement or backup for Richy.

I see. So i assume you feel Danjuma will fit in better in a Conte set-up?
The way we've been playing, he suits us better than Son. We don't play into space, we play to feet, at players being marked and facing the wrong way. That doesn't suit Son at all, and is why he's struggling now. Danjuma is able to turn and carry the ball.
Why we have stopped playing into space, like we did in the latter part of last season, I have no idea.

We're obviously still after Zaniolo, getting Danjuma doesn't impact that. Son is an immediate issue, he needs replacing. If he is taken out and gets his form back then great, but if he doesn't at least we have what looks like a decent replacement or backup for Richy.

Dunno. Conte said the other week that gil, skipp and sarr impressed him and he won't let them leave in jan. So attack should be fully covered.

Skipp and Sarr don't cover the attacking 3 positions. Gil has barely got any game time so he mustn't be that impressed if he's not playing him in front of Son.

Kane, son, gil, richarlison, danjuma and kulusevski cover 3 attacking positions. White and sarr can both play attacking mid.

As @Bedfordspurs says, we don't play with attacking mids and when has White played to suggest that Conte sees him as ready?

He started our midseason friendlies in the false 9 role. Hasn't let him go on loan this season or last. So suggests he might think he's ready to be 8th choice attacker. Or 6th choice cm. Not like we'll ever use him.

Back