• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alexandre Pato - cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Pato - the Duck - no chance.

The compilation didn't show him tracking back once !

Plus he is Brazilian, therefore not a Poch favourite.

I honestly do not understand why some think Pato at 10m is more of a gamble than Berahino at 25m or Son for 20m. Or Austin for that matter given his injury problems.
The transfer market is all a big gamble anyway.

I honestly do not understand why some think Pato at 10m is more of a gamble than Berahino at 25m or Son for 20m. Or Austin for that matter given his injury problems.

You think it'll be £10m?

I think he'll be a gamble as he's moved how many times so far in his career? Big earner, didnt settle in Europe last time,.....

I also dont think he's a position we need. We need a goalscorer/poacher CF, not a creative type

That's a good point. For me he is more at risk because he had the world at his feet and then lost his way. The others, whilst not quite reaching those highs, haven't suffered a great decline. Admittedly Pato's form has suffered from injuries etc... but coming from a South american league is very different than from coming from a european league imho. Also, I would imagine that his wages would be a lot higher than the other two and so harder to move on if it didn't work out.

I don't think he "didn't settle", more like had a couple of really good promising seasons, following 2 that were not as good mainly because of injuries, went back to his homeland (for a pretty hefty sum btw, it's not like Milan were willing to let him go for free) and now he's scoring again. Unlike some of the players we're linked with, he's already had very decent seasons at a top club. Sometimes players dip in form and then gain it back, I just don't think we can completely write Pato's career off at 25.
IMO somebody will gamble on him and I think we could do a lot worse.

And if things doesn't work out- I'm sure one of the big Brazillian clubs will take him off our hands again as he's a very highly regarded there ,and rightly so.

I don't think he "didn't settle", more like had a couple of really good promising seasons, following 2 that were not as good mainly because of injuries, went back to his homeland (for a pretty hefty sum btw, it's not like Milan were willing to let him go for free) and now he's scoring again. Unlike some of the players we're linked with, he's already had very decent seasons at a top club. Sometimes players dip in form and then gain it back, I just don't think we can completely write Pato's career off at 25.
IMO somebody will gamble on him and I think we could do a lot worse.

And if things doesn't work out- I'm sure one of the big Brazillian clubs will take him off our hands again as he's a very highly regarded there ,and rightly so.
Good re sell value back home if he wanted that

South Americans all hate the Argentineans, but Argentineans are too arrogant to think anyone worthy of being rivals to them
That's true if they're playing each other, but you can't generalize. Tevez was adored at Corinthians. If the player is good enough, nationality doesn't matter.

You think it'll be £10m?

I think he'll be a gamble as he's moved how many times so far in his career? Big earner, didnt settle in Europe last time,.....

I also dont think he's a position we need. We need a goalscorer/poacher CF, not a creative type
Completely disagree with your last sentence. We lack creativity badly. We bought a poacher in Soldado, and look where it got us. I agree with Pato being a gamble though.

You think it'll be £10m?

He's played for 4 clubs (including 1 on loan) in 9 years.

He also spent 5 years at Milan - that's hardly not settling

He scored 51 in 117 in Serie A - so hardly not a goalscorer either

He's played for 4 clubs (including 1 on loan) in 9 years.

He also spent 5 years at Milan - that's hardly not settling

He scored 51 in 117 in Serie A - so hardly not a goalscorer either
I'd love to see the a player like Pato at the club and strike up a relationship with the fans like van der vaart. It would do us all good.

I'd love to see the a player like Pato at the club and strike up a relationship with the fans like van der vaart. It would do us all good.

I don't think he has the type of reputation/appeal that VdV had - Just another hotly tipped Brazilian who faded away before he got going.

Pato: "The manager will come here I will talk to him. I have to sit and I have to study. I want to stay but it’s not up to me."

Very strange statement indeed. If this is true then I would stay far away from this deal. It's a deal that sounds very unrealistic, risky and almost stupid. But boy would it be fun to have a player like Pato at Spurs. I'm not hoping for anything more than a bit of fun this season. I'd be extremely surprised if this happens.

Completely disagree with your last sentence. We lack creativity badly. We bought a poacher in Soldado, and look where it got us. I agree with Pato being a gamble though.

I agree we are short on creativity, but I'm not so sure your point about Soldado really offers an answer to the other poster's contention we still need a goalscorer/poacher. You could equally argue that, if we'd had someone to put away Soldado's chances, we'd have had quite a few more points on the board.

For me, what we lack is initiative generally. We aren't active enough in the box, full stop. Look at that incident yesterday, when Howard palmed Bentaleb's shot into a perfect area for a tap in for anyone following up, and there wasn't a white shirt within ten yards of the ball. That's so typical of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back