• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alexandre Pato - cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries. Lots, and lots, and lots of injuries. The idea that was floating around Milanlabs was that he had an awkward body build that made him more prone to muscular injuries, and that this, coupled with his massive growth spurt over the last few years, meant he was always at risk of breaking down.

Sad, really. But he's only 23, and if Van Persie can come back from an injury nightmare to establish himself as the PL's best striker, then Pato can do the same too. Lad deserves a second European chance, and I hope he'll get it someday.

Shame but I think we will see less big talents move here over the next few years. Brazilian league is getting stronger and richer.

Milan say he will eventually return to them.

They pushed him too hard.. his body growth wasn't com-pato-ble with the training and the intensity of the games. Hence, injuries. Over and over. Maybe it is something he will grow out of.

Several journalists have talked about Milanello (the training complex) being a curse for him, every time he was there something would go wrong.

Shame but I think we will see less big talents move here over the next few years. Brazilian league is getting stronger and richer.

It is, however is it getting richer faster?

After all there are two new massive bumper tv deals going through in the next two years..

Do you know enough about it? (A question, not a quip.. i couldn't work out how else to word it)

I don't know a huge amount about it but I don't think its necessarily all about the maximum Brazilian clubs can afford.

At present a lot of players will be in the £10 - £30K a week category with perhaps a smattering on much higher but as they get richer they will be able to bring that average up much higher to the £30 - 60K a week category and pay the top players over £100K per week.

Obviously some players here may earn 200K a week but they are pretty rare and I think the difference between say £150k and £200K a week to a lot of players isn't really that big.

Plus there is the home factor, the players would like to stay in their homeland where they feel comfortable know the lingo and as more people stay the league will get much better in terms of player quality. Afterall they aren't short of good players out there.

Secondly as companies etc all get richer they will start to get huge individual sponsorship deals, even now its not uncommon for the teams sponsors to pay a massive salary (£100K a week plus) directly to a player as having someone high profile in such a football mad country boosts their profile.

Thirdly tv deals are getting bigger there however teams negotiate their own deals so only some have massive ones. It's rumoured that Corinthians have the biggest one at £50m a year and I imagine the Copa Libertadores will start to get bigger tv deals as well.

Fourthly shirt sponsorship deals will also get bigger, again Corinthians have the largest at around £15m a year.

Finally the top rate of tax there is 27.5% so when you look at the net position they are probably taking home more than those in Europe.

Re: We made a bid for Alexander Pato....

I'm not so sure about him. He has some quality, but seems to be permanently injured.

I wonder what the bid was? He is very streaky probably happier with Lamela

Awful injury problems. I doubt he'll ever play in Europe again.

I wonder what the bid was? He is very streaky probably happier with Lamela

I always thought Pato was a striker?

Anyway I had a listen on the Talksport player and Vickery said that Corinthians came out saying that our bid did not even allow them to recoup what they paid AC Milan which according to wikipedia was 15m Euros or £12.18m. Funny thing is, he only signed for them in January.

On 3 January 2013, Pato signed for Corinthians for a fee of €15 million (£12.18m) in a four-year deal.

So whatever we bid wasn't much, if true it sounds like a deadline day bargain attempt by Levy and with AVB's love for Brazilian football would also suggest a desire to a get a long term target. Who knows.

Last edited:

I always thought Pato was a striker?

Anyway I had a listen on the Talksport player and Vickery said that Corinthians came out saying that our bid did not even allow them to recoup what they paid AC Milan which according to wikipedia was 15m Euros or £12.18m. Funny thing is, he only signed for them in January.

So whatever we bid wasn't much, if true it sounds like a deadline day bargain attempt by Levy and with AVB's love for Brazilian football would also suggest a desire to a get a long term target. Who knows.

Shame injuries have derailed him he really seemed destined for greatness. Was a good shout by Baldini or Levy to try and get him on the cheap calculated risk maybe we will revisit in Jnuary if he can find some form

Pato at one point looked insanely promising ... too bad re the injuries

He would have to be on the cheap due to risk

Looks like his stock is rising again, Vickery also said that Pato has been called up to the brazil squad again due to recent form.

I remember thinking he would go on to be a top top player, same with Queresma, Drenthe, Bojan, Saviola, all of them underachieved.

Sounds like a who's who in a old champ manager game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back