• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

I've got a ticket for the Milan game but is there any point in going? The cup loss switched me right off Spurs, with today's loss being all too predictable. I just wonder if, with this ownership, we will always be in a state of permanent transition in the first team, always behind the curve, always with weaknesses in key positions, keeping players far too long etc. As for Conte, has his bubble burst? Losing twice in a season to Arsenal is woeful...

Yep we are at home which is where better than average sides like us perform better.

I think we will win the two home games coming up but fear for soton away after.

Just saw the goal. Forster…dear me. Say what you like about Lloris but he’s very good at pushing those ones wide. Really poor goalkeeping.

And if you wanted that to fall to anyone, it was Traore. And the clam smashes it in. Won’t score again until next season.

fudge off football.
It was close to him so it was difficult to push it away , he should have caught it!
Either way , poor goalkeeping.

I struggled to get to sleep last night because I was still churning over this latest result having not yet come to terms with Wednesday's defeat...

I got at up at 3am for my normal quick toilet visit (I'm old sadly) and then couldn't get back to sleep as I couldn't get Spurs out of my mind so writing this I am tired and still angry...

I obviously hope we win against Milan and go through but there is a side of me that says if we don't win that I don't care if we lose every other game this season.. I am sick of us just doing enough and I think we now need radical change for things to improve...

If we lost every league game until May it would lead to a big summer clearout of the players we know are not good enough... I think most of us would also say Harry could go with our blessing as he deserves better...

I know a lot of people won't agree with my views but I first went to Spurs with my old man in 1967 aged just 7 and I've been obsessed with us ever since.... This current situation is really hurting me...

Yesterday, I also managed to break the world record for the use of the 'C' word in a single minute.... Our result was confirmed and then Woolwich scored...

Rant over, COYS.

Been a real bad week hasn’t it!?

actually thought we looked alright in the first half yesterday, played with good urgency from the off for a change. Didn’t create too much over the game but more than Wolves did. Disappointing we lost control of the game a bit during the 2nd half and we did nothing to change that until way too late (subs, formation), taking off Kulu was a strange one for me, I’d have definitely had Son off as first sub, Perisic soon afterwards.

We simply arent scoring enough goals at the moment. If Kane doesn't score we are basically fudged. Son, Richarliason, Peresic and Kulu are all so dreadfully off form. For all to be ineffective at the same time you surely have to blame the coaches.

I've got a ticket for the Milan game but is there any point in going? The cup loss switched me right off Spurs, with today's loss being all too predictable. I just wonder if, with this ownership, we will always be in a state of permanent transition in the first team, always behind the curve, always with weaknesses in key positions, keeping players far too long etc. As for Conte, has his bubble burst? Losing twice in a season to Arsenal is woeful...

I would say there are a lot of Spurs fans beginning to think the same way. Tickets for home fans seem to be a lot easier to get now for the latter home games. We have a bagged some for next week and Bournemouth in April, but I dont particularly worry now if we cant get a ticket at present due to the brand of football Mr Conte is currently serving up

They better show up on Wednesday! I'm spending more than £1000 to come see that game. I want a bloody good performance and a win. Or at least one of the two!

Credit to you for that outlay. I hope for your sake you, and we all, see something to vindicate the money spent

It was close to him so it was difficult to push it away , he should have caught it!
Either way , poor goalkeeping.

Just watched it again, you’re right he probably should have caught it but still think pushing it wide was an option if he wasn’t confident doing that. Putting it back in the danger area is the last thing you do.

He did the same on the Jiminez effort and did the same last week on the offside chance from Sterling I think. It’s goalkeeping 101.

Been a real bad week hasn’t it!?

actually thought we looked alright in the first half yesterday, played with good urgency from the off for a change. Didn’t create too much over the game but more than Wolves did. Disappointing we lost control of the game a bit during the 2nd half and we did nothing to change that until way too late (subs, formation), taking off Kulu was a strange one for me, I’d have definitely had Son off as first sub, Perisic soon afterwards.

One of worst periods of four days for a while.

Monday morning - on the back of Chelsea. confidence was growing, 4th place still in 2 cups.

Thursday morning - depression over the cup defeat, but still 4th and still in the CL

Saturday 5pm - grab the beers, not only have we lost to a Wolves side that has only scored 9 goals at home, bloody Arsenal somehow manage to scrape a win from nowhere. Yes still 4th, but 3 teams have games in hand to take that spot.

Failure to get through on Wednesday night will complete the misery

Just saw the goal. Forster…dear me. Say what you like about Lloris but he’s very good at pushing those ones wide. Really poor goalkeeping.

And if you wanted that to fall to anyone, it was Traore. And the clam smashes it in. Won’t score again until next season.

fudge off football.

Totally this

I'd like us to get rid of Conte and get someone that will play better football and give younger players a chance (at least pick the team on merit). Our current rebuild will take a few more windows, but I'm happy to do it under Levy. Not so sure about our current manager.

Spot on. And right now he is sat at home just waiting to return

Man
That’s. A lot of money
Can I buy you a beer and Andy anyone you’re with ???
Seriously I’d love to hug another GG fan

Totally agree. I have a lot of admiration who spends that much money to watch their team, and in fairness, not just our own fans. Certainly dwarfs our outlay for a game espeically now we don't do the stopovers at the Premier Inn

Spot on. And right now he is sat at home just waiting to return

FqaA8zRXwAAQpbs

One of worst periods of four days for a while.

Monday morning - on the back of Chelsea. confidence was growing, 4th place still in 2 cups.

Thursday morning - depression over the cup defeat, but still 4th and still in the CL

Saturday 5pm - grab the beers, not only have we lost to a Wolves side that has only scored 9 goals at home, bloody Arsenal somehow manage to scrape a win from nowhere. Yes still 4th, but 3 teams have games in hand to take that spot.

Failure to get through on Wednesday night will complete the misery
After the game I was on the verge of saying fudge it to renewing my ST next season and I thought I'd wait, let the dust settle etc
Have woken up feeling exactly the same this morning

I struggled to get to sleep last night because I was still churning over this latest result having not yet come to terms with Wednesday's defeat...

I got at up at 3am for my normal quick toilet visit (I'm old sadly) and then couldn't get back to sleep as I couldn't get Spurs out of my mind so writing this I am tired and still angry...

I obviously hope we win against Milan and go through but there is a side of me that says if we don't win that I don't care if we lose every other game this season.. I am sick of us just doing enough and I think we now need radical change for things to improve...

If we lost every league game until May it would lead to a big summer clearout of the players we know are not good enough... I think most of us would also say Harry could go with our blessing as he deserves better...

I know a lot of people won't agree with my views but I first went to Spurs with my old man in 1967 aged just 7 and I've been obsessed with us ever since.... This current situation is really hurting me...

Yesterday, I also managed to break the world record for the use of the 'C' word in a single minute.... Our result was confirmed and then Woolwich scored...

Rant over, COYS.

I'm practically the same age as yourself, as you may have read in another post about possibly never seeing spurs lift a trophy again, know all about the mid-night trips and get what you mean about the restless nights (my personal worst night that I remember was after blowing the 3-0 lead in the Cup v City)

But to return to yesterday, seeing Arsenal score just after Wolves it was like conceding 2 goals at the same time

Back