• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

When you are found out tactically it means teams with similar resources to you generally beat you and you tend to win almost exclusively when playing teams who if all things (coaching, tactics, effort etc) are equal you expect to beat because you have better players...which is what we've seen save for the Emirates Marketing Project home game
No, if you've been found out tactically other teams counter you effectively so even teams with less resources will get results against you.

No, if you've been found out tactically other teams counter you effectively so even teams with less resources will get results against you.

Not necessarily. If they haven't the strikers to punish you, usually they don't.
We've seen several games where Kane's superior finishing has made the difference

We get outplayed and out-manoeuvred by virtually every team we play. The fact we win a decent amount isn't due to any tactical setups or nous. We just have better players than the majority of the PL, with specifically better forwards.

The system we play is predictable, the shapes we take are predictable. Our passing is predictable. Wolves tried to play the same system realised it wasn't working for them, so changed it up and took control of the match. It was rather alarming how we just refused to react.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We get outplayed and out-manoeuvred by virtually every team we play. The fact we win a decent amount isn't due to any tactical setups or nous. We just have better players than the majority of the PL, with specifically better forwards.

The system we play is predictable, the shapes we take are predictable. Our passing is predictable. Wolves tried to play the same system realised it wasn't working for them, so changed it up and took control of the match. It was rather alarming how we just refused to react.
Hmmm, so Wolves didn't set up from the start to counter us, it was only later in the game they made changes to counter. Doesn't sound like being found out or they would have set up from the start to counter us and we wouldn't have been the better team for an hour. The issue was failing to react to their changes and refusal to make subs.

Every team has a set way they play and every manager knows how other teams play, obviously they make tactical tweaks for particular games but it doesn't mean every team has been "found out". Emirates Marketing Project's passing is very predictable, doesn't make it easy to stop.

We have better players than the majority of the league? It's funny how things change depending on the argument (not saying you here), one thread we've great players when we want to slate the manager, we've crap players in the next thread...

Hmmm, so Wolves didn't set up from the start to counter us, it was only later in the game they made changes to counter. Doesn't sound like being found out or they would have set up from the start to counter us and we wouldn't have been the better team for an hour. The issue was failing to react to their changes and refusal to make subs.

Every team has a set way they play and every manager knows how other teams play, obviously they make tactical tweaks for particular games but it doesn't mean every team has been "found out". Emirates Marketing Project's passing is very predictable, doesn't make it easy to stop.

We have better players than the majority of the league? It's funny how things change depending on the argument (not saying you here), one thread we've great players when we want to slate the manager, we've crap players in the next thread...

Wolves set out to counter us initially by matching our system. That was a mistake on their part. In the 2nd half after their substitutions they followed the pattern most sides do when they play us. Fill the middle and our midfield will collapse it typically can not cope against a 3 man midfield especially one as comfortable on the ball as the Wolves trio.

We have some great attackers and some quite brick defenders. That's still better than the majority of the PL. Most teams lack finishers, we have one of the best in the game. Take Kane out of this side, play the same tactics and you'd see a lot more Sheffield United results.

Wolves set out to counter us initially by matching our system. That was a mistake on their part. In the 2nd half after their substitutions they followed the pattern most sides do when they play us. Fill the middle and our midfield will collapse it typically can not cope against a 3 man midfield especially one as comfortable on the ball as the Wolves trio.

We have some great attackers and some quite brick defenders. That's still better than the majority of the PL. Most teams lack finishers, we have one of the best in the game. Take Kane out of this side, play the same tactics and you'd see a lot more Sheffield United results.

Game transpired similar to Sheffield United for me, you don't attack with any real intent and you run the risk of losing to late blows, we have a habit of it, thats why I can't be having the priorities call because there are many games that follow the same pattern. Teams that grow in confidence because you are blunt all game, you always run the risk, bite us

There is always an element of hypocrisy on this board to suit agendas.

Stellini managing, Conte absent and we win = Stellini is great, get rid of Conte - players don't respond to him anymore

Stellini managing, Conte absent and we lose = Conte and his fudging tactics

o_O

There is always an element of hypocrisy on this board to suit agendas.

Stellini managing, Conte absent and we win = Stellini is great, get rid of Conte - players don't respond to him anymore

Stellini managing, Conte absent and we lose = Conte and his fudging tactics

o_O

It's easy to take every post seriously, i bet most aren't. I know mine aren't and if anyone wanted to list all my posts it would look like i was a very confused individual who contradicts himself a fair bit.
As great as forums are, and this is by far and away the best I've ever been on, they can lack nuance and subtlety. most of the time you are conversing with someone you don't know so it's difficult to have a context to their post, and more often than not its a multi person debate and not which makes it harder.

There are agendas out there, no doubt about it, but i think most of us are pretty consistent in our views even if its not always sensible views.

Back