• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

Following on to a possible Forest defeat and that really will be the icing on the cake. I don't think we get through on Wed, hope I am wrong.

I read that Conte will be back for the Milan game, but I dont think that will matter one jot. It's the style of football we are playing, I doubt whether he is in the dugout or in Italy will make a difference. I think Milan will have to play Millwall for us to progress.

I am going to play close attention to Forest today and see how they play. West Ham put four past them last week and they then suffered the same fate v Brighton yesterday. You would like to think we should be doing the same to Forest. Having not watched the highlights I just dont know whether Forest were total pants or WHU actually put in their 'Cup final' display against somebody else instead of us

Watching the Arsenal game, Mikel Arteta made 2 substitutions, both of whom played a part in 2 goals that win them the match. He also made 3 changes to the starting line up, has lost Jesus and Partey at different points of the season, play without a recognised striker and are still top with a great chance of winning the league. I might hate that lot but they have done well this season. Still want City to win it though.

Edit: I will say they have been lucky too. But only in the sense that all of their rivals have been inconsistent. When we had our moment in 16/17 we had to contend with a Chelsea in top form with no European football.

I didn’t fancy Chelsea for the top 4 from day 1. Never thought they’d be this bad but still.

Expected Liverpool to be challenging Emirates Marketing Project. You’re absolutely right about things not falling in our favour in 16/17. We got 86 points and had a +65 goal difference. That wins you the league more often than not, we finished 7 points behind Chelsea!

I read that Conte will be back for the Milan game, but I dont think that will matter one jot. It's the style of football we are playing, I doubt whether he is in the dugout or in Italy will make a difference. I think Milan will have to play Millwall for us to progress.

I am going to play close attention to Forest today and see how they play. West Ham put four past them last week and they then suffered the same fate v Brighton yesterday. You would like to think we should be doing the same to Forest. Having not watched the highlights I just dont know whether Forest were total pants or WHU actually put in their 'Cup final' display against somebody else instead of us

Does it even matter if we win on Wednesday? We’re not going to win this competition. The height of this club’s ambition is to qualify for the CL which keeps the revenues sky high. Winning trophies doesn’t appear to be on our agenda. Feels like Arsenal in the last 10 years under Wenger. Kept them in the CL which satisfied the club hierarchy. It’s only when he stopped finishing 4th that they politely pushed him out.

Does it even matter if we win on Wednesday? We’re not going to win this competition. The height of this club’s ambition is to qualify for the CL which keeps the revenues sky high. Winning trophies doesn’t appear to be on our agenda. Feels like Arsenal in the last 10 years under Wenger. Kept them in the CL which satisfied the club hierarchy. It’s only when he stopped finishing 4th that they politely pushed him out.
Think it's really important that we win just to change the mood. Lose and the team confidence will be even lower making top 4 even harder to get.

Totally get where you’re coming from. I go out of habit now tbh. It’s sad because there was a real sense of optimism for the first home game against Soton, just finished 4th, got our transfer business done early, finally the prospect of Saturday 3pm kick offs. That’s all gone now unless by some miracle we win the champions league but let’s be honest, zero chance of that happening.

I keep my ST in the slim hope I will one day be in the stadium whether that’s WHL, Wembley or a foreign stadium and I witness us win a trophy. Haven’t enjoyed the experience of going since the 2018/19 season. My wife bless her even humours me and goes with me when my best mate can’t go to the games. I’ll probably renew for next season but only for the above reason and the prospect of the odd away game and/or European trip. I find the result is often irrelevant when I go to away games, I just like seeing new grounds I haven’t been to before. Doesn’t help that the football is painful to watch.

I can relate to this. Just once I would like to see us lift the League or CL

In over 50 years of following Warrington RL and Tottenham I have never seen my team crowned Champions (or European Champions).

The closest I got with Warrington was 93/94 when we finished level with WIgan and Bradford but ended up 3rd on pts difference and 2013 Grand Final blowing a 16-2 lead just before HT.
With Tottenham, due to annual pessimism, I can honestly I have only once thought we might actually win the League.

Apr 16,2016 Walking back to the car after winning 4-0 at Stoke. I know we were still 5pts behind, but I really felt that was our time.

The CL FInal 2019 I thought our name was on it, finally, purely based on the circumstances of how we had reached the final after seemingly being out of competition on 3 occasions in previous rounds.

What makes it all worse, we have Liverpool supporting St Helens RL fans and Manchester United supporting Wigan RL fans all around us who at times brag about how boring it is winning trophy after trophy. My GHod, I would just take one...just one, pretty please

De Zerbi needs more time to prove himself imho. Plus Brighton are not going to let him go.

He's managing a team that has a settled way of playing built up over several seasons - he may well be a great manager but it's far too soon to talking about him as a candidate off the back of Brighton form. Let's see how they progress once the team becomes his

Course it matters. Win and we’re into the last 8 of the biggest competition in club football. What’s the point if we can’t get excited about that.

We got to a champions League final with a team in worse form than this current one. Massively unlikely ofcourse though.

Yes we are going to win it. I have believed since day 1 of this season that we will and no one will stop me believing until we either get knocked out or actually do win it.

Last edited:
I think our win and performance at home against Emirates Marketing Project shows what we are capable of. We threw away the chance in the FA Cup so I can only assume that we are going all out for the CL.

At home we are capable of doing something but away our weak mentality and squad deficiencies (especially at centre half where our lack of investment in that position in recent years has been absolutely outrageous) gets exposed.

I think our win and performance at home against Emirates Marketing Project shows what we are capable of. We threw away the chance in the FA Cup so I can only assume that we are going all out for the CL.

The draw would have to be kinder than kind TBH, away leg to one of the teams left and we would be brown bread

Back