• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

I think our boys played really well. We're unlucky to lose this one, in my opinion. Lots of good attacks and interplay between our forwards. We lack a little bit of defensive oomph at times, and they capitalize from it. Unlucky. Several of those attacks we strung together today were scintillating - perfect examples of why I watch football in the first place - so I've got no complaints. We gave it our all. Unlucky, that's all. Well done, boys, you played an excellent game, in my opinion.
I agree. If we were winning our other games, people would have said today was unlucky. Because we're stop-start, they're calling this performance a shambles. The fact of the matter, however, was that Wolves created fudge all and we had some decent chances, which the xG (0.44 - 1.34) and the general picture of the game bears out.

And Forster needs to start pushing the ball to the sides. All his saves put the ball right back into play down the middle or our area.

Yet @scaramanga @djp82 Traore was the difference maker. Closest we had was Poro. Almost scored twice. No doubt Poro is less of an enigma than Traore and more stable/consistent, but he doesn’t have the pace to get around and behind a fullback either.

A little unfortunate today. Kane, Son, Poro all could have scored with greater precision.

We are missing Conte. They had a proper manager gee them up at half time and rebalance their side, we came up without any fresh ideas and faded.

I can only remember two players making their keeper having to make a save, and its none of the players you mention.

I agree. If we were winning our other games, people would have said today was unlucky. Because we're stop-start, they're calling this performance a shambles. The fact of the matter, however, was that Wolves created fudge all and we had some decent chances, which the xG (0.44 - 1.34) and the general picture of the game bears out.

And Forster needs to start pushing the ball to the sides. All his saves put the ball right back into play down the middle or our area.
Shhhh.

Stop letting all those pesky facts get in the way of emotion.

I can only remember two players making their keeper having to make a save, and its none of the players you mention.

Lenglet and Perisic? The above mentioned players came closest and should have scored with more composure. Don’t expect Lenglet to score. Perisic hasn’t scored since singing?

Lenglet and Perisic? The above mentioned players came closest and should have scored with more composure. Don’t expect Lenglet to score. Perisic hasn’t scored since singing?
Kulu and perisic, both hit the target. Hitting the target is much more likely to lead to a goal than "going close"
Coulda, shoulda gets you nothing.

Kulu and perisic, both hit the target. Hitting the target is much more likely to lead to a goal than "going close"
Coulda, shoulda gets you nothing.

Son, Kane, Poro actually looked like scoring. All hitting the bar or just over. All close to scoring. Perisic hasn’t scored once for us!

Shhhh.

Stop letting all those pesky facts get in the way of emotion.

Says the guy who said we should send our youth team to Leicester where we already had the points in the bag.
Was that post emotional or was it a fact?

Can't wait to see the standard sidestep or silence.

he needs to start catching the damn thing

Son, Kane, Poro actually looked like scoring. All hitting the bar or just over. All close to scoring. Perisic hasn’t scored once for us!

They may have looked looked like scoring but they never got a shot on target, only two players did, you failed to mention them.
Don’t really see how you can dispute that.

He has been crap but funnily as a WB and a crap one this season he has 4 most assists than Cristiano Traore

Didn’t see it unfortunately but not surprised in the least. Wolves are a good side and I always felt a draw would be a decent result. Sadly, we couldn’t even get that much.

There will be a lot of these types of results between now and the end of the season for the clubs chasing top 4. tinkled me off listening to dopes in the week trying to bank us wins in our next 5-6 games.

Have a horrible feeling the Dippers are gonna do something tomorrow.

He has been crap but funnily as a WB and a crap one this season he has 4 most assists than Cristiano Traore
Yeah because he is good at set pieces, nothing to do with him playing as wing back. Perisic has one assist in the league from open play in the Premier League and that was away to Palace where he stood up a lovely ball for Kane to head in. Like you say, he has been crap overall….

Yeah because he is good at set pieces, nothing to do with him playing as wing back. Perisic has one assist in the league from open play in the Premier League and that was away to Palace where he stood up a lovely ball for Kane to head in. Like you say, he has been crap overall….
Of course, it was more to allude to the fact that Traore is not the match winner he is painted, despite him scoring against Spurs....he is welcome

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Perisic clearly has quality. If he stays he might settle and score more next season. Idk how many games Tarore has played. Obviously he’s fuking shi1 half the time, but as a wild card, if deployed cleverly he can change games. A
maverick.

Didn’t see it unfortunately but not surprised in the least. Wolves are a good side and I always felt a draw would be a decent result. Sadly, we couldn’t even get that much.

There will be a lot of these types of results between now and the end of the season for the clubs chasing top 4. tinkled me off listening to dopes in the week trying to bank us wins in our next 5-6 games.

Have a horrible feeling the Dippers are gonna do something tomorrow.
Yup, like a couple of weeks ago a poster on here listing what a nice set of fixtures we have coming up where we should be banking on plenty of points - no team outside the top 3 are consistent and not just us but every team competing for top 4 will be slipping up against apparent ‘easy’ fixtures. Have always thought Liverpool are the team to look out for not Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They have the players to go on a run, and their injury problems will be improving and they have games in hand to make the ground up….

Perisic clearly has quality. If he stays he might settle and score more next season. Idk how many games Tarore has played. Obviously he’s fuking shi1 half the time, but as a wild card, if deployed cleverly he can change games. A
maverick.
He had the most dibbles, I think even successfully than Messi one season, that's a ridiculous stat when you consider he hasn't ever had a stand out season of note, that's him summed up for me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Says the guy who said we should send our youth team to Leicester where we already had the points in the bag.
Was that post emotional or was it a fact?

Can't wait to see the standard sidestep or silence.
They didn't do what I said. That's why they failed.

ohhhh. Well naughty me!!!
Well as long as you realise that and repented that's ok :).
But seriously, I think we were unlucky to lose today, we had several good chances, dominated for decent spells and on other day we win that.
My most oft repeated post of late has been "its not the defeat that hurts but the manner of the defeat'.
I can't honestly say that today, i didn't see a lack of effort or us not turning up.
We coughed up another soft goal from the edge of our box, that's annoying because it has been happening a lot of late. Its doubly annoying because that felt like their game plan, how many pot shots did they have from outside the box?

it was "we go again" in the thread title, no team has ever said that and not lost the next game

Spurs official used it, Marky's entirely valid ironic use of it made no difference other than to highlight the mess we are.

Pretty sure Liverpool who'd have said something similar after their 3-0 loss against Barca, probably the "never give up" t-shirts but obviously I'm just being chippy by pointing out the facts :cool:

Back