• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

After the game I was on the verge of saying fudge it to renewing my ST next season and I thought I'd wait, let the dust settle etc
Have woken up feeling exactly the same this morning

I can understand how you feel. And I bet you are not alone. When's the deadline? Maybe we hear some news over the coming days/weeks that will help change your mind

After the game I was on the verge of saying fudge it to renewing my ST next season and I thought I'd wait, let the dust settle etc
Have woken up feeling exactly the same this morning
Mine sit with my nephew and his mate as I've lost the modern football love rather than Spurs love, also hate being surrounded by pillocks for 90 mins screaming bile at the players (as much as I moan I'm 100% behind them at games, it's what games are for me)

Odd awayday for me only th3ee days

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Been such a brick year with home games for me

Constant train issues, strikes mean a real effort to get to the games and also means I have to drive and can’t have a beer

and the social side of the football day with great friends is what keeps me going really so if that drops off too I have no real interest in going

FqaA8zRXwAAQpbs

Its like an itch waiting to be scratched so we may as well bring him back and get it over with otherwise his shadow will hang over us for a long time.
I’d prefer something new. Gallardo or De Zerbi in!

Its like an itch waiting to be scratched so we may as well bring him back and get it over with otherwise his shadow will hang over us for a long time.
I'm really liking what De Zerbi is doing at Brighton too currently
He has something about him, best get him in quick before Chelsea do

De Zerbi needs more time to prove himself imho. Plus Brighton are not going to let him go.

If we dont go for Pochettino, my 2nd choice, as posted previously, would be Thomas Frank in the Summer, as there is no way Brentford would consider letting him go mid-season.
Unfortunately I think the pay-offs would be too excessive

Watching the Arsenal game, Mikel Arteta made 2 substitutions, both of whom played a part in 2 goals that win them the match. He also made 3 changes to the starting line up, has lost Jesus and Partey at different points of the season, play without a recognised striker and are still top with a great chance of winning the league. I might hate that lot but they have done well this season. Still want City to win it though.

Edit: I will say they have been lucky too. But only in the sense that all of their rivals have been inconsistent. When we had our moment in 16/17 we had to contend with a Chelsea in top form with no European football.

Watching the Arsenal game, Mikel Arteta made 2 substitutions, both of whom played a part in 2 goals that win them the match. He also made 3 changes to the starting line up, has lost Jesus and Partey at different points of the season, play without a recognised striker and are still top with a great chance of winning the league. I might hate that lot but they have done well this season. Still want City to win it though.

Edit: I will say they have been lucky too. But only in the sense that all of their rivals have been inconsistent. When we had our moment in 16/17 we had to contend with a Chelsea in top form with no European football.
They are a better Leicester in terms of decisions, better teams being brick, hardly any injuries

De Zerbi needs more time to prove himself imho. Plus Brighton are not going to let him go.

We’ve gone down the “proven manager” route. I would be happy to get a hungry up-and-coming manager.
Edit: Though I accept De Zerbi may just be flavour of the month. He’s an interesting one to follow.

Last edited:
If we dont go for Pochettino, my 2nd choice, as posted previously, would be Thomas Frank in the Summer, as there is no way Brentford would consider letting him go mid-season.
Unfortunately I think the pay-offs would be too excessive
Frank would be my choice too, I don't want another big name that is inflexible and plays horrible football. I want to be able to at least enjoy watching Spurs.

Brighton has such a good structure, its hard to tell where the real talent sits. It admittedly did work for us in 2014 though, when Southampton were kind if the brighton of then

I would say there are a lot of Spurs fans beginning to think the same way. Tickets for home fans seem to be a lot easier to get now for the latter home games. We have a bagged some for next week and Bournemouth in April, but I dont particularly worry now if we cant get a ticket at present due to the brand of football Mr Conte is currently serving up
I was going to do another 1 or 2 this season, but have decided Sheff U will be my last until we get a passing manager in (hopefully 11 games at most now to endure/avoid)

Brighton has such a good structure, its hard to tell where the real talent sits. It admittedly did work for us in 2014 though, when Southampton were kind if the brighton of then
Agreed and it worked with Arsenal and Arteta. But given Potter is so far failing spectacularly it will make Levy more cautious about appointing someone from Brighton.

One of worst periods of four days for a while.

Monday morning - on the back of Chelsea. confidence was growing, 4th place still in 2 cups.

Thursday morning - depression over the cup defeat, but still 4th and still in the CL

Saturday 5pm - grab the beers, not only have we lost to a Wolves side that has only scored 9 goals at home, bloody Arsenal somehow manage to scrape a win from nowhere. Yes still 4th, but 3 teams have games in hand to take that spot.

Failure to get through on Wednesday night will complete the misery
Following on to a possible Forest defeat and that really will be the icing on the cake. I don't think we get through on Wed, hope I am wrong.

Frank would be my choice too, I don't want another big name that is inflexible and plays horrible football. I want to be able to at least enjoy watching Spurs.

This bit is the key for me.

In this world of financially-doped clubs I am accepting we wont win anything in the near future. A bit like the Jol-era, I never really thought we would win anything, but we loved going to games, because, in the main, we were entertained. A trophy would just have been icing on the cake.

I am, in a way, happy that this result happened as payback for the club's attitude to the FA cup game. I think im done with being bothered with Spurs in the main after Wednesday. Totally unacceptable in my eyes.
The thing is, there have been many unacceptable games over many years....its like we are stuck in some stupid dumb loop of dunceness

Been such a brick year with home games for me

Constant train issues, strikes mean a real effort to get to the games and also means I have to drive and can’t have a beer

and the social side of the football day with great friends is what keeps me going really so if that drops off too I have no real interest in going

Totally get where you’re coming from. I go out of habit now tbh. It’s sad because there was a real sense of optimism for the first home game against Soton, just finished 4th, got our transfer business done early, finally the prospect of Saturday 3pm kick offs. That’s all gone now unless by some miracle we win the champions league but let’s be honest, zero chance of that happening.

I keep my ST in the slim hope I will one day be in the stadium whether that’s WHL, Wembley or a foreign stadium and I witness us win a trophy. Haven’t enjoyed the experience of going since the 2018/19 season. My wife bless her even humours me and goes with me when my best mate can’t go to the games. I’ll probably renew for next season but only for the above reason and the prospect of the odd away game and/or European trip. I find the result is often irrelevant when I go to away games, I just like seeing new grounds I haven’t been to before. Doesn’t help that the football is painful to watch.

Back