• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Although in reality it may look pie in the sky, but you don't get anywhere not aiming high. IMO.

All it takes is a phonecall. No one need know anything except Levy.

I would though go after Ancelotti if I'm honest instead of the four above.

So would I but we missed that boat. He's taken the ?ú?ú?ú on offer at PSG and is hardly likely to move to us after such a short period there

Think AVB is a good shout. WOuld like us to get someone in who has some experience but also has time on their side to build something

We should at least talk to Guardiola, wouldn't cost us much.

Guardiola isn't like all other managers. How many managers in the world would walk away from the Barca job while being loved and successful there?

Maybe we could convince him that we're trying to build something with a lasting legacy, something where we actually do things right and he could be given a chance to form the club from top to bottom the way he wanted to. Instead of taking over one of the lottery winning "projects".

Not saying it's at all likely that he would accept, but it's not impossible.

Harry Redknapp said:
If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, its not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left

It's nothing to do with security, its about players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract, and knowing that, it doesn't work basically, you know, 'he might not be here next season'

Harry Redknapp said:
Absolute nonsense. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. They don't care whether I'm the manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that. That's football.

Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow ÔÇô the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'.

Just heard the interview now. Definitely thinks of number one but don't we all?

One other thing. He loves the sound of his own voice lol which other EPL manager would do this 4/5 minute interview???

To be frank, as a massive Redknapp fan I was utterly aghast at that interview because in effect he was publicly putting Levy on the spot. Surely you just cannot do that to your Chairman?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the question has to be asked, how is Levy going to take it? Unless he's prepared to rise above it I will not be surprised if it's here we go again, Redknapp sacked and same old Tottenham right back to square one.

What's this!!!? Has the penny finally dropped for you?

Harry Redknapp has armed himself with Wayne Rooney's agent as he enters a crucial period in his negotiations over his Tottenham future.

Spurs are refusing to rush discussions with their manager, who is entering the final year of his deal at White Hart Lane, but will meet with Paul Stretford this week.

Stretford, who is renowned as a hard negotiator, was a major influence in Rooney's battle with United in 2010 when the striker handed in a transfer request.

The relationship between Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy is said to have been soured by the links to the England vacancy towards the end of last season and TottenhamÔÇÖs subsequent slump that saw them lose out to rivals Arsenal in the fight for a Champions League place.

And with Redknapp now 65 years old, some of those on the Tottenham board believe it is worthwhile looking beyond the end of next season.

Redknapp returned from holiday in Dubai seeking assurances the Spurs board will back him in the transfer market this summer after he was linked with the Liverpool job, a position which was subsequently filled by Brendan Rodgers.

He has also been linked with a lucrative move to the Middle East with a consortium believed to be putting together a financial package to try and tempt him to a job in Qatar.

The Spurs boss was sounded out by a club in the Middle East last year, and it is believed they have come back in for him as they feel they may now be able to lure him away from Spurs.

Redknapp's future is also linked closely to that of star players Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, both of whom will be discussed at meetings this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2154755/Harry-Redknapp-recruits-Wayne-Rooneys-agent-Paul-Stretford.html

Lol. Linked closely? Modric wasn't signed by Harry and Bale couldn't get a game for ages!!they don't give a fudge saggy chops.

There won't be any at or near our level (which, Harry, is not mid-table)

Lol. Exactly. Why would he be crying like a bitch who's been fudged off if he thought he could do better? Qatar?? Hahahahahaha!!

Linked to the Liverpool job? Hahahahahaha

So this agent **** reckons he's gonna play hard ball with levy? Hhahahahahahaah

The guys comes back to work after burying his mum, I'm thinking he ain't gonna be in the most charitable of moods personally.

Just heard the interview now. Definitely thinks of number one but don't we all?

One other thing. He loves the sound of his own voice lol which other EPL manager would do this 4/5 minute interview???

I'd love to see someone nut the taco. His face annoys me immensely. Maybe a public gallows?

i think Redknapp has got a point to be honest, most successful manager since Bill Nic, got us CL QF, 4,5,4 league finishes in a very competitive premiership without a massive nett spend... the guy wants to stay - what is he doing wrong. Levy needs to stop playing silly buggers are either give him a contract he deserves or let him go - you cant have everything your own way. Harry is a victim of his own success and to come extent the creator of his downfall (by 1 point and/or a Bayern Munich win).

Who wouldn't say something like that if their job was on the line. I would, though it is funny to see contradictory quotes side by side like that.

He needs to shut hi fudgeung mouth or once. Levy will not be bullied!!

Stfu and maybe we might allow you to stay at our mighty club for a couple of more years.

Also this gonad*s about players wanting stability?? Lol!!!! The average premier league manager lasts around 18 months!!! Players don't care about managers as they know they come and go all the time..AVB signed a long fudging contract!!! Fat lt of good that did him!!

i think Redknapp has got a point to be honest, most successful manager since Bill Nic, got us CL QF, 4,5,4 league finishes in a very competitive premiership without a massive nett spend... the guy wants to stay - what is he doing wrong. Levy needs to stop playing silly buggers are either give him a contract he deserves or let him go - you cant have everything your own way. Harry is a victim of his own success and to come extent the creator of his downfall (by 1 point and/or a Bayern Munich win).

One reason out of around 3.8 million reasons is that he was going to walk away from the club mid season to join another team which would have left us in the brick. Harry is NOT a victim of his own success LOL.

He needs to shut hi fudgeung mouth or once. Levy will not be bullied!!

Stfu and maybe we might allow you to stay at our mighty club for a couple of more years.

Also this gonad*s about players wanting stability?? Lol!!!! The average premier league manager lasts around 18 months!!! Players don't care about managers as they know they come and go all the time..AVB signed a long fudging contract!!! Fat lt of good that did him!!

It's simple really, Saggy wants a long contract so that he has a good payoff if we decide to fudge him off. He's not liking it one bit that were running down his contract.

Harry Redknapp only need point out the results of his last three seasons:

09/10: 4th
10/11: 5th
11/12: 4th

If Levy seriously thinks he can find a manager who can do better than that, under the financial straightjacket which Levy himself imposes, then good luck to him. All that, mind, while playing attacking football which - correct me if I'm wrong - is "the Spurs way".

Or maybe, "the Spurs way" is actually something else: maybe it's getting ideas above your station; thinking you're better than what you are; not knowing a good thing when you see it, and hell-bent on destroying it. tinkling around in mid-table, bemoaning brick decisions and players being sold.

Maybe that's the true "Spurs way" ?

Harry Redknapp only need point out the results of his last three seasons:

09/10: 4th
10/11: 5th
11/12: 4th

If Levy seriously thinks he can find a manager who can do better than that, under the financial straightjacket which Levy himself imposes, then good luck to him. All that, mind, while playing attacking football which - correct me if I'm wrong - is "the Spurs way".

Or maybe, "the Spurs way" is actually something else: maybe it's getting ideas above your station; thinking you're better than what you are; not knowing a good thing when you see it, and hell-bent on destroying it. tinkling around in mid-table, bemoaning brick decisions and players being sold.

Maybe that's the true "Spurs way" ?

100% SPOT ON. Nailed it better than i ever could...

Back