• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Irrelevant of ability this self centred slime ball of a man has to go, in my opinion he has undermined Levy and my team, I was all for him even with all his faults until the England job become available, he thought the position was a done deal and it showed, thank you for the good job you have done for us Harry but you are an Horrible little man, you would be better off in the house of commons.

How can you ignore what one of men who represents our club says?

Or what he thinks about our future? Tottenham would still be here after he s gone

Or is it because it becomes convinient that way since it suits the argument?

You might have me confused for someone else. I'm no staunch Redknapp defender, I actually argued that he should perhaps be sacked last summer because of the trial, England job situation and to strengthen our ability to think long term. I have sometimes defended him against what I have thought were unfair accusations or evaluations of his performance. I haven't voted in the "should he sign a contract" thread because I can't make my mind up. I don't think there's much chance of Levy shipping Harry out this summer and I understand at least some of the reasons why I don't think he won't, essentially what chancer put words to above.

I ignore what he says because some of it annoys me and other parts just tinkles me off and although it's not good for the club I don't think it's particularly bad for the club either. I also don't particularly trust him or think that what he says is always all that thought out, he seems to just say whatever he feels like at the moment. Fair enough in my book, but not something I have the need to read.

It's easy to want Redknapp sacked because it's sexy and exciting and means lots of players in and out. All that drama is great fun.

But you know, Ardiles, Hoddle, Graham, Gross, Francis, Santini, Ramos...great ideas and fun plans don't always work out.

If Levy were a contrarian investor, he'd back Redknapp now with a 3 year deal and bumper funds. In the process he'd, by definition, guarantee Spurs avoid another Ramos, he'd show the players and fans where they stand, and the club would still have a pretty good chance of cracking Top 3 given the past few years performance.

That's the ballsy move now, despite also being the likely percentage play.

Percentage play?!? it would be the high risk move! Put a volatile gobby person on a long-term deal?!?!? It would be utterly stupid

Comparing it with contrarian investor strategies is meaningless - is Harry was a company, his shares would be trading high at the moment anyway

Levy has to consider who a potential replacement would be before rushing in and sacking him. I think he's very much a man that considers all options before making decisions.

He will know his top 3 already. Harry's replacement was probably the single thing he thought most about between Feb and May

This is the thing, grass always seems greener. Redknapp guarantees we will be challenging top 4 each season, some seem to take this for granted. My first choice replacement would be AVB but even then I wouldn't be overly confident of success. For all we know he (or any other manager) could cause a decline in performance the way he did for Chelsea....

There are far less egos of the Terry, Drogba, Lampard types with us, so it should be a slightly easier task. Any management change can always lead to a slump when you're trying to change the system, unlike mid season changes where you usually bring in a motivator type, but if we are sure we have the right man he should be given at least 2 seasons to show it, as long as there are positive signs (not the Liverpool kind, winning the league at the first attempt and all that).

I really wish football would fudge off for a bit longer... just when i'd started to get LAST season's ending out of my system... unfortunately, it's all gonna come crashing back into focus in about 72 hours time...

I really wish football would fudge off for a bit longer... just when i'd started to get LAST season's ending out of my system... unfortunately, it's all gonna come crashing back into focus in about 72 hours time...

At least Redknapp has turned down the punditry offer.

There are far less egos of the Terry, Drogba, Lampard types with us, so it should be a slightly easier task. Any management change can always lead to a slump when you're trying to change the system, unlike mid season changes where you usually bring in a motivator type, but if we are sure we have the right man he should be given at least 2 seasons to show it, as long as there are positive signs (not the Liverpool kind, winning the league at the first attempt and all that).

I also think AVB and DL would get on well. Both are 'thinkers' - Levy very shrewd and ruthless; AVB is a technical and precise manager

I also think AVB and DL would get on well. Both are 'thinkers' - Levy very shrewd and ruthless; AVB is a technical and precise manager

i need to see more of what AVB can do without a Falcao + Hulk attack before i would consider him a Spurs candidate

I would personally like to see some form of DoF. Someone to run a scouting network, loan deals, academy and various things. I know Sherwood is supposed to be some kind of technical director now.

Isnt AVB Roma bound btw?

Levy needs to strike soon if he s to let Arry go. Imagine if Chelsea come in for him and pay us compensation - oh, the irony

Levy must have his list of replacements already prepared. Really cant belive that AVB wouldnt be on it

Levy must have his list of replacements already prepared. Really cant belive that AVB wouldnt be on it

I thought last summer that AVB needed more experience before leaving Porto, I still think that he needs more experience before I would like to see him manage us. He show promise but he made some very basic mistakes at Chelsea; both in terms of tactics and man management.

I thought last summer that AVB needed more experience before leaving Porto, I still think that he needs more experience before I would like to see him manage us. He show promise but he made some very basic mistakes at Chelsea; both in terms of tactics and man management.

apart from that he did fine didnt he

He s already won more trophies than Redknapp most likely would in his entire career.

People also need to be realistic - much like with players - we cannot pull from the very top so im afraid Mourinho and Guardiola are out

Back