• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Harry Redknapp only need point out the results of his last three seasons:

09/10: 4th
10/11: 5th
11/12: 4th

If Levy seriously thinks he can find a manager who can do better than that, under the financial straightjacket which Levy himself imposes, then good luck to him. All that, mind, while playing attacking football which - correct me if I'm wrong - is "the Spurs way".

Or maybe, "the Spurs way" is actually something else: maybe it's getting ideas above your station; thinking you're better than what you are; not knowing a good thing when you see it, and hell-bent on destroying it. tinkling around in mid-table, bemoaning brick decisions and players being sold.

Maybe that's the true "Spurs way" ?

That's the funny thing. Quite a few reasons listed to dislike about Redknapp yet his league finishings with the resources at his disposal have been impressive.

If Levy seriously thinks he can find a manager who can do better than that, under the financial straightjacket which Levy himself imposes, then good luck to him. All that, mind, while playing attacking football which - correct me if I'm wrong - is "the Spurs way".

Or maybe, "the Spurs way" is actually something else: maybe it's getting ideas above your station; thinking you're better than what you are; not knowing a good thing when you see it, and hell-bent on destroying it. tinkling around in mid-table, bemoaning brick decisions and players being sold.

This keeps getting repeated, but is a slight misrepresentation in my opinion. You want to talk about what he has to work with talk about the squad he has available.

We're at a point in time where two of our earlier long term investments - Modric and Bale are paying off big time while other players we signed when you for the future like Lennon, Hudd, BAE etc also are doing well. Harry has done some of the work resulting in our current squad and of course he deserves credit for what he has done well and blame for what has been less successful, but to rate him based only on our financial situation isn't a good evaluation at all.

You're wrong, the 'Spurs Way' is the pass and move. We invented that style of play.

You cant argue with 4th, 5th, 4th granted. I don't think anyone that wants Harry out wants him out due to his league positions, and if Levy wants him out it wont be for his league positions either.

This keeps getting repeated, but is a slight misrepresentation in my opinion. You want to talk about what he has to work with talk about the squad he has available.

We're at a point in time where two of our earlier long term investments - Modric and Bale are paying off big time while other players we signed when you for the future like Lennon, Hudd, BAE etc also are doing well. Harry has done some of the work resulting in our current squad and of course he deserves credit for what he has done well and blame for what has been less successful, but to rate him based only on our financial situation isn't a good evaluation at all.

But he cant offer the mega bucks wages that Arse, Chelea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project can offer.... simple as. And lets be honest, it isnt as though he has had a mountain of cash to spend, look over the past year or so, most of the signings have been free and/or big wages i agree but we needed a 'keeper, CB x 2, striker and he did a good job getting in what he did for not much. If anything, Levy is the one to blame for the lack of attackers, not paying for Cahill and the probable numerous others we have probably missed out on. IMHO Levy is equally as bad, and as great as Harry.

My bad, I'm just calling it the phrase used today but you are indeed correct.

Lol everyone seems to be in the spelling police lately so why not the correct phrase police?!?!

There's definitely some aggression/anger in that interview I saw tonight. His facial expressions tell a lot too.

But he cant offer the mega bucks wages that Arse, Chelea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project can offer.... simple as. And lets be honest, it isnt as though he has had a mountain of cash to spend, look over the past year or so, most of the signings have been free and/or big wages i agree but we needed a 'keeper, CB x 2, striker and he did a good job getting in what he did for not much. If anything, Levy is the one to blame for the lack of attackers, not paying for Cahill and the probable numerous others we have probably missed out on. IMHO Levy is equally as bad, and as great as Harry.

Simple as... No, it's not.

Of course he doesn't have the mega bucks of those other teams, I'm not stupid, I understand that.

My point is that he has resources available to him to work with, part of that is the squad... To attempt an overall look at things and say "this is what Harry has done with the club" and "he's done it with very limited funds" just isn't telling the entire story... Simple as...

Originally Posted by Harry Redknapp, 5th June

If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, its not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left

It's nothing to do with security, its about players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract, and knowing that, it doesn't work basically, you know, 'he might not be here next season'

Originally Posted by Harry Redknapp, 23rd March

Absolute nonsense. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. They don't care whether I'm the manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that. That's football.

Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow ÔÇô the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'.

Just goes to show what a two faced, self centered person Redknapp truly is.

If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, its not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left

It's nothing to do with security, its about players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract, and knowing that, it doesn't work basically, you know, 'he might not be here next season'

Absolute nonsense. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. They don't care whether I'm the manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that. That's football.

Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow – the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'.

Where are those quotes from? Laughable if true.

Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow – the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'.

Two saggy faces for the price of one! What a bargain.

You may want to contextualise the quotes to be honest. The March 23rd one he is defending his poor run and taking the heat of the players for under performing during the period of the England manager circus - i dont think it has any real value to be honest.

As for the 5th of june one - he is looking for a new contract - again, read between the lines chaps. Every quote has a motive....

You're wrong, the 'Spurs Way' is the pass and move. We invented that style of play.

You cant argue with 4th, 5th, 4th granted. I don't think anyone that wants Harry out wants him out due to his league positions, and if Levy wants him out it wont be for his league positions either.

Oh right, so even though Harry Redknapp is an incredibly successful manager, it's more important that a bunch of jumped-up fudging idiots hound him out of the job, purely because they have some deepseated, irrational hatred of him?

Well those idiots need to get a fudging life for themselves. Y'know what, all I care about, is results. I couldn't give a flying fudge what Harry Redknapp says in interviews - it means jack brick - all that matters, is that Spurs win as many football matches as possible.

No-one can argue with his results. It's because he delivers; delivers more so than any other brick manager who's managed this great club since, what, Bill Nicholson? And yet, some fudging toolbags what rid of him? It's hilarious.

You get yourselves all worked up in a strop about Harry being interested in the England job. Yeah, so what about it? He's 65 for fudge sake, he wanted to manage his country - do I blame him? Nope, not really. All this gonad*s about him 'hitching his skirt for the FA' - grow the fudge up, for goodness sake.

Seriously, some of you lot think we're on the levels of Man Utd :ross: We're not. We're not immune from our manager and/or players wanting to - in their eyes - go up another level, or onto a bigger challenge. I ain't got a single problem with that, because it's reality and I'd rather deal with that, than live in some weird form of delusion.

Redknapp has secured 4th, twice in three seasons. Last season, we only missed out on 3rd by a point. One single point. He plays attractive football and we win plaudits for it. And yet some of you don't wanna give him any fudging credit for doing anything at the club; what planet do you muppets live on? :rolleyes:

All I ever read on here from certain posters is whinging, whinging, moaning and more fudging whinging. Spurs win, and you're all fudging quiet. Spurs lose, and out you fudging come again - just like little ****roaches. You've no idea how good you've got it.

Did Harry fudge up last season? Yeah, course he did. Did he put us in an incredibly strong position? Yeah, course he did. So, over the course of the season, did it level out? Yeah, course it did. The art of management, is to make sure you're still successful even after encountering all the fudge-ups along the way. We finished only a point off 3rd so, with the greatest of respect, Harry Redknapp doesn't need to sit and listen to any of you lot trying to lecture him about management.

You may want to contextualise the quotes to be honest. The March 23rd one he is defending his poor run and taking the heat of the players for under performing during the period of the England manager circus - i dont think it has any real value to be honest.

As for the 5th of june one - he is looking for a new contract - again, read between the lines chaps. Every quote has a motive....

Absolutely.

Motive of March quotes: to put the reason of the poor form to be down to the players and NOT the manager's unclear position.

Motive of June quotes: to then contradict what was previously said and say 'you will get a poor run of form from the players and it will be due to the manager's unclear position.'

A classic contradiction that is as clear as day

Oh right, so even though Harry Redknapp is an incredibly successful manager, it's more important that a bunch of jumped-up fudging idiots hound him out of the job, purely because they have some deepseated, irrational hatred of him?

Well those idiots need to get a fudging life for themselves. Y'know what, all I care about, is results. I couldn't give a flying fudge what Harry Redknapp says in interviews - it means jack brick - all that matters, is that Spurs win as many football matches as possible.

No-one can argue with his results. It's because he delivers; delivers more so than any other brick manager who's managed this great club since, what, Bill Nicholson? And yet, some fudging toolbags what rid of him? It's hilarious.

You get yourselves all worked up in a strop about Harry being interested in the England job. Yeah, so what about it? He's 65 for fudge sake, he wanted to manage his country - do I blame him? Nope, not really. All this gonad*s about him 'hitching his skirt for the FA' - grow the fudge up, for goodness sake.

Seriously, some of you lot think we're on the levels of Man Utd :ross: We're not. We're not immune from our manager and/or players wanting to - in their eyes - go up another level, or onto a bigger challenge. I ain't got a single problem with that, because it's reality and I'd rather deal with that, than live in some weird form of delusion.

Redknapp has secured 4th, twice in three seasons. Last season, we only missed out on 3rd by a point. One single point. He plays attractive football and we win plaudits for it. And yet some of you don't wanna give him any fudging credit for doing anything at the club; what planet do you muppets live on? :rolleyes:

All I ever read on here from certain posters is whinging, whinging, moaning and more fudging whinging. Spurs win, and you're all fudging quiet. Spurs lose, and out you fudging come again - just like little ****roaches. You've no idea how good you've got it.

Did Harry fudge up last season? Yeah, course he did. Did he put us in an incredibly strong position? Yeah, course he did. So, over the course of the season, did it level out? Yeah, course it did. The art of management, is to make sure you're still successful even after encountering all the fudge-ups along the way. We finished only a point off 3rd so, with the greatest of respect, Harry Redknapp doesn't need to sit and listen to any of you lot trying to lecture him about management.

i've been down this avenue before mate, it's easier to just ignore Wriggly and the like and just hope that he's in the vast minority of 'real' spurs fans..

Chill, go and have a kebab or something.

Yes, but he needs to listen to his chairman who ultimately is his boss and that means not using his mates in the media to put pressure on a chairman and a club that have given HIM his best shot at the big time. It is HIM who has not ever had it so good.

100% SPOT ON. Nailed it better than i ever could...

We weren't mid table before Harry. We had 2 5th place finishes and were a club on the up. The situation when harry took over was dire but i always saw him as a stop gap and I still do.. The England thing hanged it all for me. It's like trying to pretend you didn't just walk in on your wife fudging your mate. If only things could be like they weren't before?? Nope. Ruined forever.

Back