• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Im starting to think we will have a new manager come the start of next season, not that bothered either tbh...

im not so sure....it will be more a case of if Redknapp has a bad start to next season he will be fired early on

right now Levy wont fire him or extend his contract, and Redknapp wont walk

He s already won more trophies than Redknapp most likely would in his entire career.

People also need to be realistic - much like with players - we cannot pull from the very top so im afraid Mourinho and Guardiola are out

I'm not denying that he did very well at Porto but I think that he jumped ship too early and he would have had a better chance of succeeding at Chelsea if he had more experience. I can understand why he took the Chelsea job (a bit like Rodgers taking the Liverpool job), the money on offer was eye watering and managers must always worry that he is one season away from being yesterday's news and no longer getting offered top jobs.

I thought last summer that AVB needed more experience before leaving Porto, I still think that he needs more experience before I would like to see him manage us. He show promise but he made some very basic mistakes at Chelsea; both in terms of tactics and man management.

I think his man management was correct, he just didn't get the backing from the owner.

As for the tactics, had he been able to drop the players who couldn't/wouldn't understand his methods I think he may have done better.

Irrelevant of ability this self centred slime ball of a man has to go, in my opinion he has undermined Levy and my team, I was all for him even with all his faults until the England job become available, he thought the position was a done deal and it showed, thank you for the good job you have done for us Harry but you are an Horrible little man, you would be better off in the house of commons.

Really? Not sure about that...let's be honest you could pick one of say half dozen games towards the end of the season whereby if we had taken our chances and not lost games we should have won...we would have finished 3rd and not be having this conversation in the first place!

i need to see more of what AVB can do without a Falcao + Hulk attack before i would consider him a Spurs candidate

Just have a look at what he did at Chelsea last year...AVB over Harry? You gotta be joking!
Be careful what you wish for...

I think his man management was correct, he just didn't get the backing from the owner.

As for the tactics, had he been able to drop the players who couldn't/wouldn't understand his methods I think he may have done better.

I think that you are right about the backing of the owner. Abramovic is just storing up problems for the future by not backing his managers. But I do not agree that he got his man management right and I think it showed his inexperience. Asking the players to celebrate with the bench was odd and banishing Anelka and Alex to train with the reserves was unnecessary and divisive. When things started to go wrong he went on the attack against the media and other third parties and this just made him look weak.

We need to sound out Guardiola

Wonder what Harry would think about the club hitching up its skirt for another.

Mr. Guardiola, enjoy your holiday, take some time off. When you want a job, I have a job for you. In the meanwhile *slow sliding of paper across table* have a look at this list of transfer targets, just add cross out those you wouldn't want, add your own targets and send it back to me.

Talk to you soon.

Really? Not sure about that...let's be honest you could pick one of say half dozen games towards the end of the season whereby if we had taken our chances and not lost games we should have won...we would have finished 3rd and not be having this conversation in the first place!

If we had finished third it would not change my opinion on his behaviour, the whole fiasco with the England job would still have been the same, as I have said before I knew for some time that he would not get the England job, there are ways of doing things and Redknap just sells himself all the time like a two bit hooker, Levy treated Hoddle and Jol badly I agree and he must be sorely tinkled off with Redknap, Harry winning his court case and us finishing fourth are two reasons why hes not been turfed out already, I think hes just waiting for Redknap to hang his self with our fans.

Dream on!! Not a chance we would get him. He'd want a stupid wage and there would be a long queue of other clubs lining up for him. Cheatski for starters

Should we approach Barca for Messi as well?

Guardiola has the pick of the world's clubs, he wouldn't come to Spurs in a million years

Milo - say next year Harry goes. There are no clubs who need a Manager, except us. You dont think he would wanna come?

I imagine Chelscum will either have RDM on a two year deal or get in another Manager.

Man bricky? if Mancini doesnt perform then yeah could be.

Arse? who knows if they dont perform this season.

There arent many clubs in the Premiership - assuming Guardiola wants a move in the Premiership

Although in reality it may look pie in the sky, but you don't get anywhere not aiming high. IMO.

All it takes is a phonecall. No one need know anything except Levy.

I would though go after Ancelotti if I'm honest instead of the four above.

Back